New guy from central MS

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Redwood
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: VS1400

New guy from central MS

Post by Redwood »

New guy from Pelahatchie, MS here. Just recently picked up a 96 VS1400. Traded a 600 Shadow for it. Needs a little TLC to get it back up to date, but she does okay. Found the site through Google. I'm also on intrudersalert.com and the Facebook page for this site. Tons of good info at all three places. Glad to be here and hope I can be of assistance once I figure out what the hell I'm doing with this unit!

WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800
07 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: New guy from central MS

Post by YoDude »

Hahahaha, well don't feel bad, we all had to start off with these bikes somewhere.

Meanwhile, welcome aboard. Jump on in anywhere you like and I hope you'll return often. :thumbup:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Ole Miss or MS State?
-DBTO

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

Ugh.... Used to be Ole Miss. But I take issue with the Colonel and Black Bear thing and a lot of the on campus politics. Passed up a full boat scholarship to Ole Miss when I graduated high school. I used to regret that, now not so much.... As for the football, I don't even watch anymore, but nowadays I'd likely root for MSU out of spite....
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Redwood wrote:Ugh.... Used to be Ole Miss. But I take issue with the Colonel and Black Bear thing and a lot of the on campus politics. Passed up a full boat scholarship to Ole Miss when I graduated high school. I used to regret that, now not so much.... As for the football, I don't even watch anymore, but nowadays I'd likely root for MSU out of spite....
MSU? YOU ARE A GOOD MAN

I'm from Picayune. But I'm an LSU fan. My in state team would have to be MSU.
-DBTO

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy your time here. :cheers:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

Post by dm1400 »

Welcome Redwood. Glad you came around & joined up.

You've got a nice lookin 1400, some nice extras on it too, sissy bar extension, forward controls. :thumbup:

You're gonna enjoy the 1400, they are a lot of fun. Just get used to smiling when you ride. I still catch myself grinning when I ride mine. :rock:

If you want a service manual for your 1400, grab one at the bottom of my post.

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

Didn't care for the forwards too much. They weren't for me like I thought they would be. I'm trading with one of the members for a crash bar and pegs..... The straight pipes have also come off in favor of the stockers. They aren't panty droppers for sure but to me they look better and don't rattle my brain so much... The sissy bar extension is staying though. :big grin: Got a bud coming over this weekend to help me tune the carbs to get 'em back right so she'll smooth out and be a little less grumpy. I've thought about doing a little rolling resto build thread on here.....
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Redwood wrote:Didn't care for the forwards too much. They weren't for me like I thought they would be. I'm trading with one of the members for a crash bar and pegs..... The straight pipes have also come off in favor of the stockers. They aren't panty droppers for sure but to me they look better and don't rattle my brain so much... The sissy bar extension is staying though. :big grin: Got a bud coming over this weekend to help me tune the carbs to get 'em back right so she'll smooth out and be a little less grumpy. I've thought about doing a little rolling resto build thread on here.....
So, are you the one trading Jolsen on the other forum?

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

That would be me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Welcome to the other board

Sent from my Motorola Turbo. Using Tapatalk.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

Sooooo,,,,,, Is the other other board in danger of closing down? If I post up a progress thread, which one is it gonna be safest on?
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

Then a thread there shall be..... Soon as I download the pics off my iPhone.... Which I haven't done in a year...... I got some good shots of replacing stock pegs with some Kury swing out pegs..... They still work and everything.... :lmao:
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

The guy had $1800 on it and was looking to get $1500. I offered to trade my 99 Honda Shadow 600 and a Mossberg shotgun. I didn't really expect him to bite, as he kept talking about needing the money, but he did. Dollar for dollar I took a proper screwing, but I don't go back on what I tell someone if at all possible. I needed a bigger bike. Plain and simple. The 600 just wasn't cutting it. The smallest bike in the group I ride with is a 750. The rest are Harleys. I nearly blew the damn thing up trying to keep up on the last ride. This one, on the other hand, even running poorly, can only be described as "enthusiastic" when you roll on the throttle.... (As a side note, there is now a 600 Shadow sitting on State St with a $1700 price tag on it. He traded because he felt the Shadow would be easier to sell. And he wanted the shotgun...)

The sissy bar pad that's missing in the pic. I have it. It (tool box cover included) came off on the trip home somewhere on I-20. I backtracked my route home and found it laying on the shoulder of the road. It shall NOT be coming off unintentionally a second time.
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Unless some one else has installed them designer springs are a must have.

Sent from my Motorola Turbo. Using Tapatalk.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Redwood wrote:The guy had $1800 on it and was looking to get $1500. I offered to trade my 99 Honda Shadow 600 and a Mossberg shotgun. I didn't really expect him to bite, as he kept talking about needing the money, but he did. Dollar for dollar I took a proper screwing, but I don't go back on what I tell someone if at all possible. I needed a bigger bike. Plain and simple. The 600 just wasn't cutting it. The smallest bike in the group I ride with is a 750. The rest are Harleys. I nearly blew the damn thing up trying to keep up on the last ride. This one, on the other hand, even running poorly, can only be described as "enthusiastic" when you roll on the throttle.... (As a side note, there is now a 600 Shadow sitting on State St with a $1700 price tag on it. He traded because he felt the Shadow would be easier to sell. And he wanted the shotgun...)

The sissy bar pad that's missing in the pic. I have it. It (tool box cover included) came off on the trip home somewhere on I-20. I backtracked my route home and found it laying on the shoulder of the road. It shall NOT be coming off unintentionally a second time.
Picture wire for the backrest. You got a great deal, since it came with $700 forwards. And the smaller Intruder, would have kept up just fine. :thumbup:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Howdy Neighbor...I'm next door in southwest Louisiana use to ride a 1400... and loved the Beast...
Throw your hat in the corner and stay a little longer......
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

I threw my hat in the corner. I think one of these peckerwoods stole it... :lmao:
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Redwood wrote:I threw my hat in the corner. I think one of these peckerwoods stole it... :lmao:

I'm in Wiggins a lot if you know where that is...lots and lots of friends and family in Stone County.
-DBTO

Redwood
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Redwood »

Map says that's about 2 hours out. If ya ever drift to Jackson give me a shout.
WCB
95 Suzuki Intruder VS800