Hi Everyone

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 1400

Hi Everyone

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

Hello, Been riding my '00 intruder 1400 for a couple a years now. New to this forum but have found it useful. The bike has been pretty good to me so far. So far I have only run into a spongy clutch that needed to be bled about twice a riding season. I may have made that better since the last time I reverse bled it and it has been strong since. Other than that the only real issue I had was being left stranded about 30 miles from home, bike died in traffic and wouldn't restart. Pushed it into a hardware store parking lot and got a jump start and was able to make it home. After some trouble shooting, it turns out that my Regulator/Rectifier was bad. I am currently waiting on warmer weather to install the new battery and R/R I got and then put more miles on the Intruder. All in all after a few years of owning the bike and only having a couple of small issues is pretty darn good to me. I only wish my cage gave me as much luck.

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by scootermcq »

Welcome... Your ride looks like mine :)

Everyone knows the 2000s were the bestest
Scott

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

00Vs1400GLP wrote:Hello, Been riding my '00 intruder 1400 for a couple a years now. New to this forum but have found it useful. The bike has been pretty good to me so far. So far I have only run into a spongy clutch that needed to be bled about twice a riding season. I may have made that better since the last time I reverse bled it and it has been strong since. Other than that the only real issue I had was being left stranded about 30 miles from home, bike died in traffic and wouldn't restart. Pushed it into a hardware store parking lot and got a jump start and was able to make it home. After some trouble shooting, it turns out that my Regulator/Rectifier was bad. I am currently waiting on warmer weather to install the new battery and R/R I got and then put more miles on the Intruder. All in all after a few years of owning the bike and only having a couple of small issues is pretty darn good to me. I only wish my cage gave me as much luck.
Click here to view my bike.
There, I sorta fixed it for ya.

.....And welcome aboard!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

That's a 2000 year Intruder. Scoot has one too, just like me. Love the green color.
You WILL want to change the clutch springs as we can fix clutch problems that you may or may not have at this time. [emoji106]

Yo-

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

YoDude wrote:
00Vs1400GLP wrote:Hello, Been riding my '00 intruder 1400 for a couple a years now. New to this forum but have found it useful. The bike has been pretty good to me so far. So far I have only run into a spongy clutch that needed to be bled about twice a riding season. I may have made that better since the last time I reverse bled it and it has been strong since. Other than that the only real issue I had was being left stranded about 30 miles from home, bike died in traffic and wouldn't restart. Pushed it into a hardware store parking lot and got a jump start and was able to make it home. After some trouble shooting, it turns out that my Regulator/Rectifier was bad. I am currently waiting on warmer weather to install the new battery and R/R I got and then put more miles on the Intruder. All in all after a few years of owning the bike and only having a couple of small issues is pretty darn good to me. I only wish my cage gave me as much luck.
Click here to view my bike.
There, I sorta fixed it for ya.

.....And welcome aboard!

Yo-
What did I get wrong?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I'm unsure what the problem was, perhaps it was on my end. Scott seems to have been able to see it so that would make sense. Now suddenly I'm seeing it on your original post so I suppose it somehow must have been.

Yo-

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

OK cool. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules with a large photo. At any rate, can you put me in touch with a lead to clutch springs. I have read all of the good about designers springs, but I do not have PM privileges just yet.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Just keep posting I think the PM turns on at 20 posts, but in the mean time, I'll notify the spring guy.

Yo-

muss
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 02 suzuki 1400 intruder

bars

Post by muss »

hi i am muss , can anyone tell me HOW TO POST ON THIS THING. if not can anyone tell me ,if bars from a s83 1400 will fit a 1400 intruder. s83 is a 06 the intruder is a 02. i would like to get rid of the buckhorn bars.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

muss wrote:hi i am muss , can anyone tell me HOW TO POST ON THIS THING. if not can anyone tell me ,if bars from a s83 1400 will fit a 1400 intruder. s83 is a 06 the intruder is a 02. i would like to get rid of the buckhorn bars.
Yes, they will fit. In the future, please open a new thread in the Technical Section for your motorcycle related issues.

Thanks,

Yo-

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

YoDude, I did get your PM. Thanks a lot.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Awesome! [emoji2] You should get a PM from Designer (Ed) probably tomorrow. [emoji106]

Yo-

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Nice 1400 [emoji106] Did a bird make that spot/line on the front seat? [emoji2]

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

No sir, that there is a rip in the vinyl. I just did a duct tape upholstery job last night. I need to get around to making a new seat cover.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

My 1400 had lots of splits in the front seat by 35,000.A good friend gave me his front .He had put a Mustang on his after one ride with the wife.Had to make a extra FLST rear fit mine as my wife said it was the worse seat of any motorcycle she had ever rode!
Most do replace them and like new ones cheap on E bay.You can buy 1 inch Harley bars cheap also and make them fit.A low bar sportster bar would look good .I like low bars in feel and looks.

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

It got split pretty bad. I have been looking at aftermarket seats, but I think what I want to do is reshape the stock seat and make a green and black vinyl seat cover for it.

muss
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 02 suzuki 1400 intruder

Post by muss »

will bars off a1400 s83 fit on a 1400 intruder ?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

muss wrote:will bars off a1400 s83 fit on a 1400 intruder ?
I already answered your question, yes, they will fit.

Yo-

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: bars

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

muss wrote:hi i am muss , can anyone tell me HOW TO POST ON THIS THING. if not can anyone tell me ,if bars from a s83 1400 will fit a 1400 intruder. s83 is a 06 the intruder is a 02. i would like to get rid of the buckhorn bars.

https://postimg.org....just follow the instructions.. copy the direct link after you've downloaded your pic.....and hit the insert image icon on the icon list... right click in the parentheses and you're good to go
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"