Intruder Choppers - New Here

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
RideAndShoot
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 90VS1400 95VS1400

Intruder Choppers - New Here

Post by RideAndShoot »

Hey there, I was somewhat active in IntruderAlert. I chop up Intruders. They're great bikes as you know, and I like choppers, so why not. A lot of the purists hate my bikes, but they're mine.

I built this one as a loaner bike for my friends when they're bike are down. I can do a build thread if people are interested, as I took a lot of pics along the way.

Here's my daily rider. It's a foot clutch/jockey shift, 23" front wheel, tubeless car tire rear, hardtail, skinny lane splitting son of a bitch. I love her. She's taken me all over the southwest US and through Mexico including with my wife on the back.

And just for fun.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: Intruder Choppers - New Here

Post by FallenAngel »

A Build thread would be sweet

And Welcome

Joe A
Learning My Moped
My Bike: The Legendary Classic

Post by Joe A »

Nice work! I've got a hankering to convert one of my LCs to foot clutch/tank shift.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

Not my cup of tea as it were, but I can appreciate the work that has gone into them :bow:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Welcome! :cheers: Post often as most of us like looking at all bikes.The 1400 has such a nice looking motor that IMO they make great looking choppers.You can pick them up cheap and a tough motor.Only draw back they are the worse starting bikes I ever owned below 35 degrees the 45,000 I put on mine..Yesterday at 33 same as most days below 35 saw no other bikes out on my ride. Choppers like most usually hide at below 40. The big barn door tour and cruisers with a big wind shield are about all you see away from town in cold weather.
Looking at the 1400 with the 23 front wheel.I usually think of only dirt bikes having them way back in the old days. Iam 70 :bonk: .Is that a simi knobby on/off on it? Any thing else I guess would be hard to find.The 21 on my 84 FXST was nice and light and sun in the spokes looked great going down the long roads.Felt so nice and light.Down side if you ride much and pick up a big nail they break the bead so fast the tire just pops off! :eek: Did it at 10mph and all most dropped it.They all so are easy to stick between rail road tracks and such if taken at a angle.It felt good on a 11 day Sturgis and other points west trip in 1990.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Image My pics seem to go away but think this is on.The 84 FXST in the Bad Lands 1990.I am a kid of 44 then.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

98VS1400 wrote:Today is my birthday and I'm STILL a year younger right now than you were in this picture! LOL!
Happy Birthday you young whippersnapper. :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

That was about the best buy ever on a motorcycle for me I guess? Got it one owner with 3,000 miles in 1987 for $3,900! It had been$9,000 out the door with extras in 1984.He had stopped riding and was under a tarp for a year.I put a new battery,chain,changed oil,cleaned brakes and spent lots of time cleaning the small spots on the chrome.It looked like new after a week and stayed good.Rode it over 33,000 as one of four I had and sold it to the dealer for $5,000 in May 1992 and $1,000 off list on my new 1993 FLST-N that came in Aug.26 1992. I still have it.
The dealer rode it till fall and sold it for $7,500 out of the shop. That's when the prices really started going crazy and that guy sold it two months later for$9,000! Think it went out of state as have never seen it since.It was not a real smooth bike all most as many vibes as my old 66 FLH but more people seemed to like it better than any stock bike I ever owned.I thought you just had a baby face.You really are a kid cop! :lmao: :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

98VS1400 wrote:I am not a fan of the Intruder choppers, but I'm glad to have you on the forum!
:blink: Really? [space] You.......you mean that? :donno:

I'm crushed! :| :(

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Throw your hat n the corner and stay a little longer [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

RideAndShoot
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 90VS1400 95VS1400

Post by RideAndShoot »

So I got some 39mm lowbrow sporty fork shrouds on sale,, and fitted them onto my 41mm front end. After, I had to black out my front end to match. Just rattle can gloss black with engine enamel clear over. Makes the 23" front wheel look even tougher!

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Bad lookin ride [emoji106] Sure don't see many 23 fronts. The seat looks like the butt bucket one I put on my 66 FLH chopped in the early 70s.