New from NJ

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Matt_
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1993 Intruder 800

New from NJ

Post by Matt_ »

Hey guys, another new member here. I learned to ride on my dad's 1994 Intruder 800 back when I was 15 (drove it around the yard). Right after I got my auto license I went to get my motorcycle endorsement. Showed up on the Intruder for the test and was told "that bikes too big, no way you'll pass, but might as well try since you're here". I passed with flying colors of course.

After graduating college and getting my first "professional" job (fyi ive been steadily employed since the age of 15, and worked as an auto technician throughout college), I bought myself an 06 VTX1800F. Absolutely loved that bike, but convinced my wife I should sell it so we could do some upgrades to the house before our son was born. No, you didn't read that wrong... she's awesome.

Fast forward about 8 years since I sold the VTX, a deal for a 1993 Intruder 800 falls in my lap. It's been dropped (minor cosmetic damage), and hasn't been started in 7 years, and is obviously really dirty from sitting. Cut the check for $500 and take it home.

New battery, cleaned the carbs (PITA to R&R btw), and some fresh gas, she's running like a champ.

Pic look good but she still needs lots of elbow grease to clean off and shine up the metal bits. Also bringing it in for some fresh rubber. Current tires have tread life, but a bit of sidewall rot and the compound has hardened (less traction)

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: New from NJ

Post by FallenAngel »

Welcome to the boards Matt
Nice find She looks 100 %

Matt_
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1993 Intruder 800

Post by Matt_ »

Thanks!

I think the highway pegs look a bit hacked, so I have a nicer set of them in my sights along with a windshield and some better grips. Finally, things I can tell the wife to get me for fathers day! [emoji2]

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Welcome to the site. I am currently living in south Jersey. Hope to see you on the road this year not to many Intruders up here.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Throw your hat in the corner and stay a little longer [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"