Anyone know how to do land surveying ??

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Anyone know how to do land surveying ??

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

As Subject asks.. anyone have experience doing land surveying?? Would like to know where property lines are without spending a buncha moohla if possible. lol.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: Anyone know how to do land surveying ??

Post by NE_FL »

Have it done by a professional surveyor if you want it to stand up in court.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Post by enforcer »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:As Subject asks.. anyone have experience doing land surveying?? Would like to know where property lines are without spending a buncha moohla if possible. lol.
It's been about 10 years, but I ran a gun and did some for the department of roads. They use GPS now.

I'm a bit far to help you out. But a GPS app and accurate plot points from the assessors office should be all you need to get you very close.
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

I got description / distances & angles but they don't quite add up to what it's supposed to be. lol. I think some info must have been left out somehow.
Property is in Clearfield PA.. you are all welcome to come by and help us move and build stuff. lol. Free food BBQ etc. lol.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by enforcer »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:I got description / distances & angles but they don't quite add up to what it's supposed to be. lol. I think some info must have been left out somehow.
Property is in Clearfield PA.. you are all welcome to come by and help us move and build stuff. lol. Free food BBQ etc. lol.
If you can get plans from the country assessors office, that is going to give you the best picture. Shoot me the exact address and I'll see what I can do about giving you some GPS coordinates.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:I got description / distances & angles but they don't quite add up to what it's supposed to be. lol. I think some info must have been left out somehow.
You might see a better turnout if you said free motorcycle parts lol. BTW, lowers arrived today, got them mounted and ran around the block quick. They seem to help with the wind but they cover my signals, any info about that? Otherwise they are good, thanks.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

enforcer wrote:
If you can get plans from the country assessors office, that is going to give you the best picture. Shoot me the exact address and I'll see what I can do about giving you some GPS coordinates.
Okay thanks. PM sent.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Swcoinguy wrote:
You might see a better turnout if you said free motorcycle parts lol. BTW, lowers arrived today, got them mounted and ran around the block quick. They seem to help with the wind but they cover my signals, any info about that? Otherwise they are good, thanks.
:funnylast: [emoji106] Did you try angling them so they sit just behind the sigs?

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

I put them on quick last night. First thing I did was flip the clamp to get them closer and after I mounted them I noticed they are in front of the signal. Rotating them isn't going to do help with wind so they have to be in front of the signal. The only other option is dropping them down but that leaves a huge gap between the shield and the lower deflector so that defeats the purpose. I'll play with them and see what I can do.

Elvis
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Elvis »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:As Subject asks.. anyone have experience doing land surveying?? Would like to know where property lines are without spending a buncha moohla if possible. lol.
get the deed with meets and boundaries

if it is not your property you can view and copy the deed at the county clerks office it is a public document

if you are really confused and have no idea pull all the deeds adjacent to the one you are surveying

find the point of beginning if there is a previous survey map which there usually is p.o.b is a set iron rod so use a metal detector to locate it

measure out the distances as recorded on the deed make sure you translate links and rods to feet if the deed is in links rods

a true survey actually surveys the properties next to you too fyi
gotta go now

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

For my last two houses I was able to find metal stakes in the ground that marked the proprty lines, that I needed to know to put up a fence.

Definitely check the county assocors web site...
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by enforcer »

98VS1400 wrote:Why the hell is this thread in the Flea Market??? :bang:

:lmao:

Somebody must be trying to give YoDude a stroke.
Because this is the only place Bronx hangs out. [emoji106]

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

:soapbox:

Hahaha... stroke, whatever, yeah sure..ya funny butt ya.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Free food BBQ etc. that might be worth riding out for. :lol: A metal detector, that sounds like something I could use to find our property lines. :Umm: [space] :soda:

Sorry, but I'm wasn't a lot of help to this thread. :bonk: Come to think about it I wasn't any help. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Holy Moly.. The Underwriter drug this out but finally near the door! Couple weeks to closing!

Thanks for the tips brothers.. been hella busy but your words never go un-noticed and appreciated! :cheers:

Anyone have a huge truck they can lend me to load and transport? lol.