WTB front wheel hub.. just the hub! VS1400

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
Cerberus73
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1986 VS1400

WTB front wheel hub.. just the hub! VS1400

Post by Cerberus73 »

Am looking for a VS1400.. or 800 if it's the same front wheel hub. I am getting a set of wheels built and already have NOS rims. So if anyone has a hub they are willing to part with I'd be interested. It also cuts down on postage and import duty since I'm in the UK and most parts seem to be in USA.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Re: WTB front wheel hub.. just the hub! VS1400

Post by Night_Wolf »

The hub that the spokes attach to? Will have one in april when I install the 21" front rim on my bike in late March/early April. How does $100 USD plus shipping sound
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

Cerberus73
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Cerberus73 »

Sounds good night wolf, I will keep in touch. and check out shipping costs.. and more importantly import duty! (we get ass raped here for taking stuff in from states) and I've also just came into money.. so may be buying a brand spanking new bike instead of doing my intruder.. if i can get the maths to add up.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

Cerberus73 wrote:Sounds good night wolf, I will keep in touch. and check out shipping costs.. and more importantly import duty! (we get ass raped here for taking stuff in from states) and I've also just came into money.. so may be buying a brand spanking new bike instead of doing my intruder.. if i can get the maths to add up.
make a difference if it's a used part? I'm in Canada, but everything is sold in USD on this forum
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Cerberus73
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Cerberus73 »

no night wolf, used is fine as long as it can be cleaned up, and hasn't got busted threads or spoke holes. rest can be bead blasted and clear coated. much appreciated. and in no rush so waiting a few weeks isn't an issue.

BTW i have family in Alberta, in edmonton and drumheller. and further north in the sticks.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

Cerberus73 wrote:no night wolf, used is fine as long as it can be cleaned up, and hasn't got busted threads or spoke holes. rest can be bead blasted and clear coated. much appreciated. and in no rush so waiting a few weeks isn't an issue.

BTW i have family in Alberta, in edmonton and drumheller. and further north in the sticks.
I'm 4 hrs south of Edmonton & about 2.5 hrs from Drumheller. You want just the hub? Spokes complete rim (minus the brake rotor) let me know. I know "truing a rim" is an art form. As far as I'm concerned, I can ship the entire rim to you if you want> Price is the same but shipping would be more
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

Cerberus73 wrote:no night wolf, used is fine as long as it can be cleaned up, and hasn't got busted threads or spoke holes. rest can be bead blasted and clear coated. much appreciated. and in no rush so waiting a few weeks isn't an issue.

I'll mention I will also have a rear rim for sale, again, without the brake rotor (rubber will be stripped) & i can include the tubes from the tires if you wish (if I don't tear them getting the rubber removed)
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Cerberus73
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Cerberus73 »

Ah night wolf i bought a rear wheel from the usa.. the rim cost me $45… postage was $90… and then i got hit with about £130 import duty… yes thats pounds sterling and this was when £1 was around $1.55.. so it would bring tears to a glass eye to imagine what they would ask for postage to the uk for a pair of complete rims… something mad like £500+ including the import duty and handling at my end.

The reason i asked just for a hub was postage and import duty.. being small it will be cheaper to send, and i can perhaps pass it under the £25 level we are allowed so no import duty to be payed.. so id have to get you to stick a note with it saying i paid $35 or something.. it keeps them off my back. I have a pair of great rims and i wanted to get them built up into nicely finished wheels. the wheelwright I'm using will true them before lacing them with stainless spokes. Am not sure if ill go for powder coat, or get the rims properly plated with show standard chrome. Hold off cutting the hub from the rim just yet, hold off till april.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

Cerberus73 wrote:Ah night wolf i bought a rear wheel from the usa.. the rim cost me $45… postage was $90… and then i got hit with about £130 import duty… yes thats pounds sterling and this was when £1 was around $1.55.. so it would bring tears to a glass eye to imagine what they would ask for postage to the uk for a pair of complete rims… something mad like £500+ including the import duty and handling at my end.

The reason i asked just for a hub was postage and import duty.. being small it will be cheaper to send, and i can perhaps pass it under the £25 level we are allowed so no import duty to be payed.. so id have to get you to stick a note with it saying i paid $35 or something.. it keeps them off my back. I have a pair of great rims and i wanted to get them built up into nicely finished wheels. the wheelwright I'm using will true them before lacing them with stainless spokes. Am not sure if ill go for powder coat, or get the rims properly plated with show standard chrome. Hold off cutting the hub from the rim just yet, hold off till april.
Won't be doing anything before April as my rims are not ready to be installed. Never mind my other post about the complete rim(s) Once my rims are stripped I can & will ship the hub, I'll even include a bill saying $25 for you
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders