How much? (UK members) only info at moment please!

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
Cerberus73
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1986 VS1400

How much? (UK members) only info at moment please!

Post by Cerberus73 »

Ok how much do you think i can get for my cosmetically challenged yet mechanically sound 1400.

The bike is rough the chrome is ugly, but she starts great, runs no bother, and over the yrs I've owned her.. i bought her as a project from a friends widow. I've acquired some parts, i have bought stainless headers, stainless tube, baffles etc to make an exhaust, i have 2 wheel rims that need relacing onto hubs. I've spare like new fenders front, back, seat has been recovered with tuck and roll covers, and memory foam added for comfort, I've new bates lamps to go on, new turn signals, and the bike is fitted with wide custom billet triple trees. drag bars. so she will either go as a project to do, or as a source of parts and spares for an existing 1400. the tinwork is all present and correct. in the claret wine colour. but i have stripped the paint of the engine as i planned on getting it blacked out and frame powder coated.

Any idea on how much the bike may be worth as a donor? if its a pittance i will just hold onto her and continue to gather parts. until i can get her onto the road, for now i need something reliable.. so a new bike it will be (I've a post asking some Q's in another section about bikes I'm interested in)

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Re: How much? (UK members) only info at moment please!

Post by Night_Wolf »

If you decide to part her out, can I have 1st dibs on the triple trees? Got a pic of the bike? Wondering if you have raked trees. E-mail me pics if you want
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

Cerberus73
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1986 VS1400

Post by Cerberus73 »

heres some pics of her.. rough as she is.

Front end

side view

Engine Casings

Wheel chrome

but i have these to relace onto spare hub

I have a video of her running on Facebook that i can upload to photo bucket. And i have spare parts to go with her to help any potential owner get her going, or to use as a part donor. to be honest i won't part her out a piece at a time id want her gone as a complete bike. to free up space for a new bike in my garage. if not i shall keep her and turn it into some kind of bobber project. The parts i have are carb kits, starter rebuild kit, clutch plates and springs, gaskets, master cylinder kit for clutch. new lights, turn signals and fenders front and back, the seat has been refinished in tuck and roll style black, with memory foam.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

So you'll want the spokes & the hubs? Might be just as easy to ship complete rims. Why don't you check with customs & see how badly you would get dinged on the complete rim(s) Tell them the selling price is $100 US dollars each (same price for the complete rim as the hub as far as I'm concerned as I'll only toss them anyway. Maybe you can sell those to cover the duty? Just a thought

The wide trees look sweet but they are stock rake [emoji106]
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image