vs700 spare parts online

Find a good link to parts and accessories?
Post 'em up here.
alebal
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: vs700 86

vs700 spare parts online

Post by alebal »

Hello everyone,

I bought this wonder some time ago...

It is an '86 vs700, I have the serial number and all the oem codes, but I am in the Dominican Republic....

Spare parts do not exist here and everything has to be ordered on the internet and transported here.

I have an address in Miami of a transporter who then delivers here (for a more or less modest price)

What is the best and cheapest website where I can order parts and have them shipped to Miami and then here?

Maybe even with non-original parts, because for example now I would have to order the fork oil seal, and it's rubber, and the 'original they probably don't make it anymore, it might have been in a warehouse for twenty years... Maybe a non-original part is better, newer, and maybe made from even better materials that didn't exist at the time...

(I've looked on ebay, but it's not always cheap).

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: vs700 spare parts online

Post by hillsy v2 »

Things like fork seals and bearings you can get from All Balls Racing. I doubt OEM fork seals would still be available widely - plus they probably would be really old stock by now (fork seals dont age well).

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Lechy lives in Thailand and has found ways to fabricate all kinds of parts for a VS800. Lets see if we can get him to jump in.
Lechy wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:18 pm
:ShitGrinandThumb:
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

That looks like an F model '85/'86. They had thinner forks, 37mm. Full spec: 37x50x11 mm for the seals, measure the diameter of the slider to verify. The seals will also fit: Honda CB650SC CB750F CB750SC CB900C CMX450C CX500TC CX650T FT500. So check out your local Honda dealership if you have one. I can get them online locally from Shopee but I don't think they will ship outside of SE Asia. Here is a link to the store, drop them a DM and maybe they can come to some arrangement with you.

https://shopee.co.th/Motorcycle-Oil-Sea ... 023d39ece2

Copy and paste to your browser's address bar.
Good luck.
Grow old disgracefully young man.

alebal
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: vs700 86

Post by alebal »

hello guys,
I'm back, sorry for the delay (due to moving), I searched a bit with the data you gave me and I found an oil seal on ebay (hopefully new). https://www.ebay.com/itm/403800211695

Now the fear is to change the oil seal here... where the workshops are half the size of my bathroom and the mechanics not so expert, especially with big bikes like this. Suggestions or advice?
It's an hard work? Will I need other spare parts? is it the case to change something else since the fork is disassembled?

I found the workshop manual, but in English, they only speak Spanish here... is there any hope of being able to find it in Spanish as well? To help them figure out how to do it without doing damage...

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

There's only one bolt holding both halves of the fork assembly together - so from that aspect it's pretty easy. The hard bit is getting the front end / forks off the bike and having a soft jawed vice so you can clamp them in, etc.

But it's pretty basic mechanical stuff to actually replace the seal itself.

The only other thing you should need is fresh fork oil (assuming the forks aren't pitted or damaged which might be causing them to leak).

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

You can use Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) for fork oil, it may be easier to find. Also I got my forks apart with out using a vise but it is not easy.

You can make a seal driver for about $6.00. This is for a VS1400 so you would have to adjust the measurements to fit your bike. All you need is
-2ft of 2in PVC pipe.
-one 1 1/2 inch PVC bushing (For your bike I would assume 1 1/4 would work)
-one hose clamp big enough to go around the 2in pipe.

-Cut the inside lip off the bushing so that it will fit over the slider. Then cut a 5/8 inch grove on both sides of the pipe about 4 inches long. Once you put the bushing on top of the seal, put the 2in pipe on the fork slider and tighten the hose clamp on the pipe so that it rests on top of the bushing. Then put the fork leg on a block of wood and hit the 2in pipe with a rubber mallet.

-It will seat the seal easily with one or two good hits.

Videos are not for the same bike but the process should be the same.

[YoutubeID][/YoutubeID]

[YoutubeID][/YoutubeID]
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.