No wonder

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

No wonder

Post by Tbeck »

It's little wonder why folk's don't come to the site very often. The same ole political BS stays at the top of the page for weeks/months, instead of being in the political forum, with the same ole copy/paste discussion if that's what it's called.

It's been like this for a while now and the members posting has become less and less. Not surprising because there's nothing to come here for.

Does anyone else remember when this place had dozens of different participants all discussing topics related to bike's, trip's, gathering's or just some general chat about what they had modified on their bike??

How sad that THIS page of political repeat is what the site has become.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: No wonder

Post by hillsy v2 »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:42 pm
It's little wonder why folk's don't come to the site very often. The same ole political BS stays at the top of the page for weeks/months, instead of being in the political forum, with the same ole copy/paste discussion if that's what it's called.

It's been like this for a while now and the members posting has become less and less. Not surprising because there's nothing to come here for.

Does anyone else remember when this place had dozens of different participants all discussing topics related to bike's, trip's, gathering's or just some general chat about what they had modified on their bike??

How sad that THIS page of political repeat is what the site has become.
It's an ageing demographic here. A lot of them aren't interested in bikes any more (probably don't ride either).

And political rubbish is easier to talk about from behind a keyboard.

But you're spot on - forum has been going to the shitter for quite a while now.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

I rode one of my motorcycles yesterday, and stopped for pizza!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:42 pm
It's little wonder why folk's don't come to the site very often.

I agree T but the General Discussions board is not the only place on this site to post whatever one has in mind. At last count there are Twenty-Nine
(29) different sites you can visit and post on...

And this PARTICULAR SECTION is for GENERAL DISCUSSIONS.
Now let's see
Cambridge Dictionary has it listed as such

General
adjective
US /ˈdʒen.ər.əl/ UK /ˈdʒen.ər.əl/
general adjective (COMMON)

involving or relating to most or all people, things, or places, especially when these are considered as a unit:

And let's add this little tad bit to the conversation.
General interest: The talk is intended to be of general interest

And I know we have different sites to wonder off to and those other add ons are subject specific boards.
But this particular board deals with just about anything one wants to start a conversation with.
Now I do agree with you about certain topics that get nasty at times with character assassinations. They have no redeemable merits and add nothing but discourse to the subject at hand.
And I do remember on the old purple board that sometimes it would slow down toa crawl especially during the summer activity months just like this board is doing at present.
And another thing that is so good about this site is it's not cliquish like the purple board was.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

tabasco wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:42 am
I hurt my shoulder about 6 weeks ago and couldn't even lift my right arm up to shoulder level with out massive pain. Today my arm was good enough to get the bike out and ride for a short 25 mile ride. Quite an accomplishment even though it hurt when I got home.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:20 pm
tabasco wrote:
I hurt my shoulder about 6 weeks ago and couldn't even lift my right arm up to shoulder level with out massive pain. Today my arm was good enough to get the bike out and ride for a short 25 mile ride. Quite an accomplishment even though it hurt when I got home.
Sounds like you may have partially torn a tendon or two in there. It's easy to do - my surgeon said some of the tendon damage in my shoulder was "old" injuries - which I put down to when I broke my collarbone about 15 years ago falling off a pushbike. I had no idea there was tendon damage in there as well as the bone break at the time - never had any issues with movement after the bone healed after 6 weeks or so - guessing the tendons just settled down in that time as well.

Speaking of riding - spent the night at a friends place in the country and I went out riding today with him on his DR650 for a few hours. First "real" ride for me since shoulder surgery....felt weird being on a thumper again....but the shoulder felt pretty good so I know I'm pretty much good to go now :clap:

We dubbed it the "Convalescence Ride".... :ShitGrinandThumb:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 1:20 am
Herb wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:20 pm
tabasco wrote:
Sounds like you may have partially torn a tendon or two in there. It's easy to do - my surgeon said some of the tendon damage in my shoulder was "old" injuries - which I put down to when I broke my collarbone about 15 years ago falling off a pushbike. I had no idea there was tendon damage in there as well as the bone break at the time - never had any issues with movement after the bone healed after 6 weeks or so - guessing the tendons just settled down in that time as well.

Speaking of riding - spent the night at a friends place in the country and I went out riding today with him on his DR650 for a few hours. First "real" ride for me since shoulder surgery....felt weird being on a thumper again....but the shoulder felt pretty good so I know I'm pretty much good to go now :clap:

We dubbed it the "Convalescence Ride".... :ShitGrinandThumb:

I get that feeling every time I saddle up..call it what you like , it's knees in the breeze :cheers: :ShitGrinandThumb: :rag:
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

My problem is bursitis. the doc put me on an anti-inflamatory and it is working.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, I agree with you that the general nature of posts should be in the chit chat. UNFORTUNATELY as I previously made mention of, many become a political copy/paste exercise that tend to remain at the top of the page for months. Heck I don't mind reading people's views on topic matter, but day after day, month after months of copy/paste isn't the intended purpose of general discussion. If there was actual conversation taking place, that would be different. You know this as well as I.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb that's some nasty stuff. Got it in both shoulders a couple years ago. First the right one which hurts a lot but I could cope with it. Then I got it in the left shoulder and ended up with a trip to the ER. That stuff is enough to make a grown man cry, painnnnnn full.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

My rides have become more of a hassle lately, an old shoulder injury sustained on a canoe trip years ago and some weaker knees have caught up with me. But being on the trike has solved the problem of keeping the bike upright at stops, which is a life saver for me.
And the reverse has paid off several times on several rides, I usually don't use the reverse function as the costs to replace one is way above my pay grade. Here in the deep south, we don't have many slanted parking lots so backing it up manually is quite easy.
The trike has really extended my riding years as I grow older. And I don't mind riding in high winds anymore either. The wind does blow me around some but the Trike stays right on my line of travel :ShitGrinandThumb:

Now this topic could very well have been posted both here and in the Trails and Rides section. :ShitGrinandThumb:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 6:05 am
My rides have become more of a hassle lately, an old shoulder injury sustained on a canoe trip years ago and some weaker knees have caught up with me. But being on the trike has solved the problem of keeping the bike upright at stops, which is a life saver for me.
And the reverse has paid off several times on several rides, I usually don't use the reverse function as the costs to replace one is way above my pay grade. Here in the deep south, we don't have many slanted parking lots so backing it up manually is quite easy.
The trike has really extended my riding years as I grow older. And I don't mind riding in high winds anymore either. The wind does blow me around some but the Trike stays right on my line of travel :ShitGrinandThumb:

Now this topic could very well have been posted both here and in the Trails and Rides section. :ShitGrinandThumb:
Kudos to you SJ for not giving up on riding :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 6:05 am
My rides have become more of a hassle lately, an old shoulder injury sustained on a canoe trip years ago and some weaker knees have caught up with me. But being on the trike has solved the problem of keeping the bike upright at stops, which is a life saver for me. And the reverse has paid off several times on several rides, I usually don't use the reverse function as the costs to replace one is way above my pay grade. Here in the deep south, we don't have many slanted parking lots so backing it up manually is quite easy.
Good For you!

I saw from your posting the recent THREE CHAPTER RIDE MAY 11 2024 Thread that you were on that the 3 wheeler is working well for you. Nice.

Interesting that you post this here. :space: But,...Not surprising because there's nothing to come here for.....and you, in so doing, saved this Thread from being yet another one of complaint.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, yep those trike's definitely serve a purpose.
Yep the direction the post went definitely could have put it in another forum, BUT with it being all over the topic map, it probably should be right where it's at. :ShitGrinandThumb:
Good ole general discussion.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

The easy fix is to for each person to decide to stop posting in the political section, even in response. This would allow for the actual motorcycle topics to stay on top for longer. Never give feedback and politics will fade away.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

sgtcall wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 11:58 am
The easy fix is to for each person to decide to stop posting in the political section, even in response. This would allow for the actual motorcycle topics to stay on top for longer. Never give feedback and politics will fade away.
Or ... folks could just post about if Seafoam really works.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

tabasco wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:47 pm
sgtcall wrote:
Of course Seafoam works, that's not even a discussion.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

sgtcall wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:29 pm
tabasco wrote:
sgtcall wrote:
Star washers and balance beads. That should overload the forum :clap:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:33 pm
sgtcall wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:29 pm
tabasco wrote:
sgtcall wrote:
Star washers and balance beads. That should overload the forum :clap:
:cheers: :clap: :cheers:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Oh look - something NOT political :clap: