Maybe distraction

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Maybe distraction

Post by Tbeck »

Okay so something non-political for the chitchat forum that might provide some distraction, summer projects.
I've been working on replacing my 35 year old chain link fence that has been in need of replacement for a while. I've been forced to work a little each day rather than my usual get it done quickly approach. I've managed to install new line posts and top rails. Got all but two of the old line posts removed and have the old link fence raised so it will be easier to remove once I begin that portion. I'll likely remove 50 foot the old and hang the first 50 of new tomorrow. The second 59 foot is going to be a pain as some trees have grown around and into the fencing. So that will be an all day Wednesday or Thursday job depending on weather.
Once the fence is done I will start laying the form for a 16x20 concrete pad. I'm going to build a new slightly larger shed, I call it the barn, because it's also in pretty rough shape. It's elevated which has invited many different types of critter's to cohabitate under it over the year's. So the new one will be on a concrete base. Attached or right where the old barn is I'm going to build a deck with cover so we can sit in the back of the yard.
That's going to be it for my summer projects unless my wife remembers that I was supposed to build the second half of the front yard raised flower bed. She'll remember :bonk: .

So anyone else got summer projects planned or in the process?

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Maybe distraction

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Well, it is springtime in Louisiana and that means digging up old non growing flower plants and replacing them with new colorful ..
One bed of greeneries was uprooted along the rear of our home and new plants are standing by to take their place.
Honey-dos abound this time of year including taking down and do a complete make over on one of her many bird houses that adorn our bad yard.
And this one is a Dozie..by far the biggest one I've built for my Sweet Wife ( and now rebuilt )

The pieces of front of the house will be added on when painted and holes drilled and screened to stop the squirrel invaders from chewing the holes bigger so they can use it as their new home :bonk: :bonk:
Then the whole house will be repainted to match whatever color she decides on..

And besides all that my 30' by 8' garden is planted and the bell peppers, banana peppers and cucumbers are already producing good numbers

Add to that I'm in the process of removing a oak tree stump in my FnL's back yard got it down to the almost ground level by burning it section by section. That is really taking my time up as it has been a fight from the very start..

Throw in a round of golf on Thursdays and a HOG :putput: ride on Saturday mornings my week is fairly used up..

Life is Grand in Cajun Land :cheers: :ShitGrinandThumb: :rag:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Yooper
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: VN2000 Kaw

Post by Yooper »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:18 pm

So anyone else got summer projects planned or in the process?
No longer logging. Time to clean up my own yards for a change.

https://i.postimg.cc/k5ZZD1CT/back-yard-1.jpg

Yooper
Passed the Circle Test

Post by Yooper »

All the machinery is sold. Just kept this little guy. 2 yrs old and 6 hrs on it.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Fix the tractor, so I can clean up all the downed limbs from the ice storm(s) and till the garden.
Plant the garden.
Fix the wood splitter.
Fix the mower.
Shed needs a new roof and facia.
Screw it, I'm just gonna ride. :putput:

Yooper
Passed the Circle Test

Post by Yooper »

navigator wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:51 pm

Screw it, I'm just gonna ride. :putput:
Best idea I've heard yet.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Nav, yep that's a good idea as well

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Oh and the distraction didn't work, but at least a few of us got to share what we are or will be up to. :bow:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

I want to replace parts of my shed, but it's hard to muster up the motivation.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

I got distracted....

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=15053