Re: GREEN ENERGY

Post by hillsy v2 »

:DULL;

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

With this factless posting above,...We have little choice but to conclude you cannot refute what was said.
Designer wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 5:21 am
And those 'other sources' create their own serious environmental/habitat DESTRUCTION....on very large scale already,...and are being pushed to be quadrupled or MORE.

And if it wasn't for those who SEE THIS,....it would continue to be glossed over and LIED about to push the crap that these sources are.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Selective Outrage.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Thanks for confirming that you have Nothing to refute what was said. :bow:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Your selective outrage against solar panels and windmills is bullshit.

That can't be refuted.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Your endless deflection proves what I said once again. Thank you.

And your six-letter opinion is noted as being exactly what we see your postings are.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

:DULL; :DULL;

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Hmmm I haven't seen these supposed lies or the glossing mentioned? Can you be SPECIFIC about the lies and glossing. And I don't want some copy past just list some specific examples, I'll wait.
I'm pretty sure it's been well documented regarding the limitations of wind power sources, and it's been well documented about the mining involved for the others. And when I say documented I am of course counting the limitless number of discussions that have taken place globally regarding the negative aspects of green energy. These of course take into account the ecological and environmental problems associated with the evolving technologies.
So I'm pretty sure if you're hailing fossil fuels while criticizing so called green energy sources, it is VERY much a case of selective outrage.
How many MAJOR oil spills in our oceans alone? Given that NONE of them have been fully cleaned up, I don't think there's much to celebrate. Natural gas? Too many accidents again to mention, property destroyed, locals evacuated and how much gets burned off daily because of over drilling? Find a national forest that isn't littered with non-operating pump's. Oh yah good thing we have the fossil fuel industry looking out for us and they never fib :lmao:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Green Energy is BAD because the Dims think it's a good idea.

That's pretty much the logic here T.... :bonk:

And pretty amazing this thread still lives outside the political folders when other posts less political get deleted all the time....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Unfortunately hillsy these political topics keep getting posted here and instead of not posting to them....well you get the point.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

So sorry, but the...opinion,...stated by hillsy that this issue being put forth about green energy is a political one is just plain denial of the facts. That there is some part a political element does not make it purely political.

This is a Timely Environmental And Economic News Story/Event,..... one that effects just about everything in our lives. :space: Thus it is relevant to General Discussion. As can be seen in the Environmental Destruction of some 16 Million Trees in Scotland to perpetrate another ...'wind farm' .

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I haven't heard a word about this issue.

https://www.desantisdaily.com/a-desanti ... t=1274_rnw

...“Buyer beware when looking into solar panels for your home or business,” Patronis said. “We’ve all seen the dramatic increase in residential solar panel sales throughout Florida, and I believe that there are some serious red flags that consumers need to be leery of including impacts to insurance costs, pushy sales tactics, and cheaply made products imported from China.”

Residential solar panels are typically valued at about $20,000 which has a dramatic effect on insurance.

“In the Florida market, there are only certain insurance companies that cover homes with solar panels, limiting the options of these households right off the bat,” Patronis explained. “Reports show that these homeowners could also see higher premiums over time, due to a need for specialized coverage, or for the replacement of a solar panel because they are outside and are more vulnerable to the elements.”

Rooftop solar panels are sitting ducks in extreme weather conditions especially when they could become a target for flying debris.

“Aside from insurance, the weight of a solar panel could potentially cause structural damage to your roof over time and cause complications when you decide to sell your home,” Patronis continued. “If you already have solar panels, it’s recommended to have a professional roof inspection every few years to ensure that the integrity of your roof is not being impacted.”

Homeowners in Florida who install solar panels are dealing with a new set of headaches for going green....
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

$20K ???

You could buy about 5 full systems over here for that sort of money.

Sounds like there's a REASON you may not have heard about this :bonk:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Hadn't heard about that aspect of green energy, Herb. After the large amounts of $$$ that the subsidies to install these things are factored out, that number makes sense.

Here's some Good News from Florida;

Ron DeSantis DELETES mentions of 'climate change' from Florida's laws and bans offshore windmills to protect sunshine state from 'green zealots'
• Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill Wednesday
• It removes references of 'climate change' from the state's energy policy

By NIKKI SCHWAB, SENIOR U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
PUBLISHED: 16 May 2024 |

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis claimed Wednesday that he was saving his state from 'radical green zealots' by removing references of 'climate change' from the state's energy policy and banning offshore windmills.

DeSantis, signed into law a bill that additionally gives preferential treatment to natural gas companies and scraps a requirement that state-purchased vehicles are fuel efficient.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis claimed Wednesday that he was saving his state from 'radical green zealots' by removing references of 'climate change' from the state's energy policy and banning offshore windmills

'The legislation I signed today... will keep windmills off our beaches, gas in our tanks, and China out of our state,' DeSantis wrote on X. 'We're restoring sanity in our approach to energy and rejecting the agenda of the radical green zealots'

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

The Floating Solar Power Plant "The Yamakura Dam Reservoir" in Japan

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

FallenAngel wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:01 pm
The Floating Solar Power Plant "The Yamakura Dam Reservoir" in Japan

Outrage!

All that extra shade will destroy the waterway!

:lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Yeah. Just imagine how covering up all that water will help the ecosystem/plant life/ aquatic life underneath so it gets none of the sunlight it needs to survive.

And to think, this net-zero push wants 5 TIMES this amount added.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Here's more of what the 'push' of this 'green energy' actually is;

World’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant Wrecked by Storm Just Before Grand Launch (VIDEO)
By Jim Hᴏft May. 6, 2024

The world’s largest floating solar power plant, located at Omkareshwar Dam in Madhya Pradesh, India, was obliterated by a storm on April 9, 2024. , just days before its scheduled grand inauguration.

The ambitious project faced the wrath of nature as strong winds reaching speeds of up to approximately 31 miles per hour tore through the installation, uprooting and severely damaging the high-tech solar panels that floated on the backwater of the dam.

This floating solar plant claimed to be the largest globally, represents a joint venture between the Madhya Pradesh Government and the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC), according to Lokmat Times.

“Omkareshwar Dam is built on the Narmada river. This is our hydel project and in this, we produce energy from water, but it is spread over about 100 square kilometers [38.6 square miles], there is a very large water body where the water level remains normal,” said Sanjay Dubey, Renewable Energy Department Principal Secretary.

A 600 MW floating solar project promised to significantly bolster the power generation capacity of the state. However, this ambitious experiment ended in a spectacular failure.

The project was supposed to be the world’s largest floating solar PV plant, but instead, it’s become a stark reminder of the limits of renewable energy and the dangers of prioritizing grand ambitions over practical realities.

watch;

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... t-wrecked/

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Outrage!!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:uhh: :space: So,...you have no problem with the Destruction Of Our Natural Environment, Decimation Of Whole Ecosystems, and The Many Deaths Of The Worlds Living Creatures when 'green energy' does it,....but have outrage when you claim 'fossil fuels' does it.

You are THE example of that which you just posted about.

Yeah,...like,...you are credible.