ADD WHAT YOU LIKE THREAD

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: ADD WHAT YOU LIKE THREAD

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!
- Lucy, Peanuts 12-22-3

It is better to have less if it is with peace of mind than to have abundant wealth but with a tormented spirit.- Ecclesiastes 12-24-3

Truth, like surgery, may hurt, but it cures.

My goal in life is to survive. Everything else is just a bonus.
- "The Lockhorns" 12-24-3

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.- William Jennings Bryan 12-25-3

Love is as strong as death.- Song of Songs 8:6 12-25-3

Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind word is never thrown away.
- Sir Arthur Helps 12-26-3

If you scatter thorns, don't go barefoot.- Italian Proverb 12-28-3

It may be that those who do most, dream most.- Stephen Leacock 12-30-3

Life's most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?
- Martin Luther King, Jr. 12-31-3

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me. I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
~ Will Rogers ~

"Happiness is in the taste, and not in the things themselves.
It is by having what we like that we are made happy, not by having what others think desirable." -De La Rochefoucauld

Do or do not. There is no try.- Yoda, 'The Empire Strikes Back' 1-2-4

He who does not himself do good, cannot depend on his father's works and merits.
- Midrash Tehillim 1-2-4\

The meaning of the Sabbath is to celebrate time rather than space....Six days a week we live under the tyranny of things of space; on the Sabbath we try to become attuned to holiness in time....Eternity utters a day.- Abraham Joshua 1-3-4

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.

Just to be is a blessing. Just to live is holy.-
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Rabbi Abraham Heschel 1-4-4
- Yiddish Proverb 1-6-4

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
- Abraham Lincoln 1-6-4

Don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.- General George S. Patton 1-7-4

One should not stand at the foot of a sick person's bed, because that place is reserved for the guardian angel.- Jewish folk saying 1- 8-4

Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him.- Aldous Huxley 1-9-4

One kind word can warm three winter months.- Chinese Proverb 1-10-4

The divine test of a man's worth is not his theology but his life.
- Morris Joseph, "Judaism as Creed and Life" 1-10-4

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.
- Abraham Maslow 1-11-4

Three sins none can escape on any day: sinful thoughts, the presumption that God must answer our prayers, and dust of slander.
- Rab. Talmud: Baba Bathra 1-12-4

The sword comes into the world because of justice delayed and because of justice perverted.- Pirkei Avot 5:8 1-13-4

The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open.
- Unknown 1-13-4

Power buries those who wield it.- Talmud: Yoma 1-15-4

Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of someone else.- Judy Garland 1-15-4

Miracles sometimes occur, but one has to work terribly hard for them.
- Chaim Weizmann 1-16-4

Heroism consists in hanging on one minute longer.- Norwegian proverb 1-17-4

Days are scrolls: write on them what you want to be remembered.
- Bahya, "Hobot HaLebabot" 1-19-4

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- Mother Teresa 1-19-4
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

F-15: THE GO-BIG-OR-GO-HOME US FIGHTER JET THAT’S NEVER LOST A DOGFIGHT
The McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing F-15 Eagle (and its Super Eagle and Slam Eagle upgraded variants) is the best jet fighter of all time…so far. Considering its incredible speed, acceleration, versatility, 3,500-mile range, durability, maneuverability, electronic warfare capability, lengthy service history, stellar air-to-air record, and its ability to carry up to 23,000 pounds of weapons and ‘splodey stuff, it’s no wonder the US Air Force is still ordering new F-15s and the aircraft is in use by multiple allied nations around the globe.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm not much of a baseball player, but I can recognize a Shortstop...🤪

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tips for Riding😎
1. Slow down a little. That S curve is sharper than you think!

2. Just because your bike can go 100 mph between two stoplights doesn't mean you should do it.

3. Maintenance is that un-fun thing you do to keep from walking home!

4. When in doubt, always take a jacket. Not in doubt? Still take the jacket.

5. It always seems farther back home than it was to your destination. Don't ride so far that it stops being fun!

6. Ride safe! No one wants to attend your funeral & talk about how much you loved bikes. They want to go riding with you & talk about what a great time you had.

7. Stop for gas even if you don't need it. You may wish you had later.

8.✌️!!!! Even if the rider is on a scooter or a different brand. They may just love their ride, maybe even saving for their "Dream" motorcycle.

9. Don't ride beyond your skill level trying to keep up with the rider in front of you.

10. Keep your passenger feeling safe. They're riding with you because they trust you. Don't scare them & ruin motorcycling for them.

11. Buy quality rain gear. Being wet when it's warm is tolerable. Being wet when it's cold is miserable.

12. Riding 500 miles a day on the interstate is do-able. Riding 500 miles a day in the mountains is impossible. Allow yourself time to "see the sights".

13. The larger the group, the longer it takes to get there.

14. The "ride" is about the journey, not the destination.

15. Remember to have fun.
Life, & riding, is not a contest. You can't win 'em all.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

"This is my wife taking a nap. In an hour she will wake up, put on her scrubs and get ready for work.
The tools and items she needs to perform her job will be gathered and checked meticulously - her hair and makeup will be done quickly. She will complain that she looks awful. I will disagree, emphatically, and get her a cup of coffee.
She will sit on the couch with her legs crossed under her and try to drink it while happily playing with the toddler that's crawling all over her.
She will occasionally stare off blankly as we talk; silently steeling herself for the coming shift. She thinks I don't notice.
She will kiss the baby, she will kiss me and she will leave to go take care of people that are having the worst day of their entire lives. Car wrecks, gunshot wounds, explosions, burns and breaks - professionals, poor, pastors, addicts and prostitutes - mothers, fathers, sons, daughters and families - it doesn't matter who you are or what happened to you.
She will take care of you.
She will come home 14 hours later and remove shoes that have walked through blood, bile, tears and fire from aching feet and leave them outside.
Sometimes she will not want to talk about it. Sometimes she can't wait to talk about it.
Sometimes she will laugh until she cries and sometimes she will just cry - but regardless of those sometimes she will be on time for her next shift.
My wife is a nurse. My wife is a hero."

Credit: Bobby Wesson

I've observed this same scenario for years as my Sweet Wife was a nurse on the orthopedic floor of a local hospital, everything this guy alludes to is the bono fide truth :ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:14 am
I've observed this same scenario for years as my Sweet Wife was a nurse on the orthopedic floor of a local hospital, everything this guy alludes to is the bono fide truth :ShitGrinandThumb:
As have I.

My Wife was a nurse in the Step-down Unit of Open Hearts. There were plenty of things she needed to talk about when she got home, exhausted.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

In 1951, Air Force Captain James Jabara of the 4th Fighter-Interceptor Wing achieved a historic milestone by becoming the first ace of the Korean War and the first jet ace in aviation history. He accomplished this feat by shooting down his fifth MiG in an F-86 Sabre, despite the challenge of having one hung drop tank. Captain Jabara's remarkable skill and determination not only earned him a place in the annals of military aviation but also highlighted the advanced capabilities of the F-86 Sabre in jet combat. His achievement marked a significant moment in the evolution of air warfare, showcasing the transition from propeller-driven to jet-powered aircraft.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Grumman F9F Panther. The Panther was the most widely used U.S. Navy / USMC jet fighter of the Korean War, it scored the Navy's first aerial victory of the war against a Yak-9 and even shot down 7 MiG-15's despite being outclassed by the MiG. The Panther proved resilient to anti aircraft fire and was quite successful as a strike aircraft.
First flight of the Panther was November 21st 1947, introduction to service was December 1949, 1,382 were built and it served with the US Navy until 1958 and the Argentine Navy until 1969.
#BlackLotusUP

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

1945, Marine pilot Bob Klingman used the propeller of his F4U Corsair to chop off the tail of a Japanese reconnaissance plane. Because his guns had frozen due to the high altitude, he turned his fighter into a buzzsaw to down the enemy. He then managed to fly back to base even though 6" had broken off one propeller blade while the other two blades were bent back. Chunks of the Japanese plane were also stuck in the Corsair's engine cowling. Klingman was awarded the Navy Cross and the Air Medal with Gold Star for his actions

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

How powerful is the Gerald R. Ford carrier?
The Gerald R. Ford is a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, the first of its new class, designed to be more efficient and capable than its predecessors. It has:
2 nuclear reactors, providing 220,000 horsepower and a top speed of over 30 knots
4 main turbines and 4 propeller shafts for high speeds and maneuverability
A 4-acre flight deck, accommodating up to 60 aircraft, including F/A-18 and F-35C fighters
Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) for faster and more efficient launching of aircraft
Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG) for reducing the impact of landing aircraft
The carrier has defensive systems, including:
Phalanx CIWS (20mm anti-aircraft gun)
SeaRAM (11-cell surface-to-air missile system)
Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) (21-cell surface-to-air missile system)
The Gerald R. Ford is a highly capable and powerful warship that represents a significant upgrade in naval aviation capabilities for the United States Navy.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

It's wrong to tax a working person almost to the breaking point,

then give it to a person who is able to work,

but refuses to.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:27 am
It's wrong to tax a working person almost to the breaking point,
then give it to a person who is able to work, but refuses to.
That is pretty much what the left-wing agenda is.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

A map of the ships present at the Bikini Atoll Nuclear Bomb Test during Operation Crossroads.
https://navalhistoria.com/operation-crossroads-what-do.../

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The P-38 Lightning was the only successful twin-engine air superiority fighter of the war. It served in both Europe and the Pacific. P-38s were preferred in the Pacific because flying was either over dense jungle or the ocean; the safety of a second engine was important. because of early problems with cockpit temperature regulation; pilots were often too hot in the tropical sun as the canopy could not be fully opened without severe buffeting, and were often too cold in Northern Europe and at high altitude, as the distance of the engines from the cockpit prevented easy heat transfer.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

This is screwed up crap.

https://libertyonenews.com/horrific-sch ... wardly%20W...

...During a school board meeting, Superintendent Todd Bauer described the attack as “deeply disturbing,” but a young friend of the victim was not willing to accept his empty words.

On Wednesday morning, the unknown girl disclosed that she and others had alerted multiple teachers about an imminent assault set to happen during lunch that day. She mentioned being the second target on the trans student’s list.

Despite her warnings, the school counselor disregarded her concerns, assuring her that nothing would transpire. Later, she was informed that she wouldn’t come across “Melanie” for the rest of the day.

However, this information turned out to be false. The girl recounted being present at lunch when chaos erupted with people screaming and running in panic.

She proceeded to provide a vivid and detailed account of the assault.

Melanie sneakily approached her friend and began ruthlessly smashing her head with the Stanley Cup. Additionally, she pulled her hair and forcefully hit her against the table.

“I just hear all this screaming and everybody running. All of a sudden, you hear these terrible loud bangs of the Stanley bouncing off her head,” the student explained. And then you see Mel grabbing her hair and hitting her against the table and just repeatedly hitting her with the Stanley.

“There was blood going everywhere, she continued. “We had to sit in there and watch them clean up the blood off those tables and ground, and we had to watch them take her out with blood dripping down her face, and I will never forget that.”

The 7th-grader also revealed “Melanie” screamed “I’m going to murder you!” to her friend during the beating.

The girl then confronted school officials for their negligence.

“You could’ve stopped it!” the brave young girl said. “It was five hours from when I told you it was going to happen. I don’t get how you couldn’t have stopped that.”

Once the attack started, the girl noted that it lasted for 28 minutes, contrary to the school board’s assertion that it was only eight minutes.

“We had to watch her taken out with blood dripping down her face, and I will never forget that! Laying in bed last night, I just kept repeating it in my head.”...

Go to the link to see the video of the girl's speech at the school board meeting.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

If there is no wind, row. 1-20-4- Japanese proverb

Days are scrolls: write on them what you want to be remembered.
- Bahya, "Hobot HaLebabot" 1-20-4

You have two hands. One to help yourself, the second to help others.
- Unknown 1-21-4

Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald 1-23-4

Freedom of will is given to everyone. If they wish to follow the right path and become righteous, they have the ability to do so. If they wish to follow the path of wrong and become wicked, they have the ability to do so as well.
- Maimonides 1-24-4

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
- Mother Teresa 1-24-4

You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.

A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak.

There is no point at which you can say, 'Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap.'- Carrie Fisher 1-26-4

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.- John Cage 1-28-4

Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.- Annie Lennox 1-29-4

When angry, count ten before you speak; if very angry, a hundred.
- Thomas Jefferson 1-31-4

I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.
- Woodrow Wilson 2-1-4

Be wiser than other people, if you can, but do not tell them so.
- Lord Chesterfield 2-2 -4

If you are all wrapped up in yourself, you are overdressed.
- Kate Halverson 2-3-4

Experience is what allows us to repeat our mistakes, only with more finesse!
- Derwood Fincher 2-5-4

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.- Howard Aiken 2-6-4

In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.
- Deepak Chopra 2-7-4

I’m looking forward to looking back on all this.- Sandra Knell 2-8-4

To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.
- Donald Laird 2-9-4

Ease destroys bravery, trouble...creates strength.
- Maimonides, "Guide for the Perplexed" 2-11-4

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.- Ovid 2-11-4

That which you see and hear, you cannot help; but that which you say depends on you alone.- Zohar 2-12-4

Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth... Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.- Noela Evans 2-12-4

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.- Anne Frank 2-13-4

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.
- Patricia Neal 2-14-4

Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night.
- Philip K. Dick 2-15-4

People were given two ears and one tongue so that they may listen more than speak.- Jewish folk saying 2-15-4

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.