Who likes to cook?

Keep it civil
ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Who likes to cook?

Post by ddog6900 »

I noticed when I first got here, there was a recipe section. Odd, though intriguing. I, myself, love to cook. I'll try almost anything once. Taught myself to cook while watching various cooking shows and practicing while blending in my own styles and tastes. I profess myself to be a good cook with a nack for creating tasty culinary works ( not always of art). I handle the majority of the cooking, though my wife learned a lot from me. If you enjoy cooking, I invite you to share you favorite dish ( one you could eat every day for the rest of your life) and one tool you could never do without.

Mine, New England Clam Chowder and my knife set. I have everything from a bread knife to a cleaver. A knife for everything. Different foods require different knives. Since I like making things from scratch, they're essential.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Who likes to cook?

Post by YoDude »

Cooking is the ultimate when you're cooking for others and not yourself. Otherwise, might as well be meeping a stock vs1400 horn! <----See how I kept it a bike related thread? :jester:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

98VS1400 wrote:Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes & carrots. Put it in a crock pot and wait.

Favorite tool: butcher block cutting/chopping board.
Used to make it only on St Patrick's Day. Wife never had it before she met me. Now we have it once a month.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

YoDude9999 wrote:Cooking is the ultimate when you're cooking for others and not yourself. Otherwise, might as well be meeping a stock vs1400 horn! <----See how I kept it a bike related thread? :jester:

Yo-
I still take the time to cook for myself, when I'm the only one home. Large meals you make for other people can be quick meals you make for yourself, with the right portioning.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

I used to cook a lot and really enjoyed it. However, especially since I moved to this small house and the kitchen is so small and lacks cabinet and work space that I have been used to for so many years. I find now I really dislike even going into the kitchen. :sad:
However, one of my favorites and something my family asks for is my Pototoe Soup. It has always been a staple for us. The tool that I just could not live without... is not my knifes although I do like them but I love my salad shooter for it's so many uses. :cheers:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I don't really know how to cook but would like to learn seeing as how I plan on being on the road a lot. I guess you would say I need to learn camp fire cooking. :blink: The one tool I can't do without... the camp cooking stove. :lolfall: If it don't fit in the microwave or you can't make a sammie out of it I don't eat it. :uhh:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

wj_hurd
Got My M1 License!

Post by wj_hurd »

My lady and I will do a Sunday dinner together... Home made Chicken French, crock pot meals, pies and desserts from scratch.
We made a lemon meringue pie from scratch once that was so perfect the kids thought we bought the thing!

I love to grill out...

I'm actually a pretty skilled baker, pies, pumpkin rolls, breads.
1996 VS1400GL, Jardine Drag pipes, K&N Filters.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

I used to make almost everything from scratch, bread, pies, cobblers and cakes.
My mother gave me a recipe for applesauce cake but you used peeled apples, cinnamon and cook them down a bit with a cup of coffee. She also gave me a recipe for the most delicious light rolls that would melted in your mouth. In the move to the west coast years ago I lost the recipes. :bang:

One occasion the family went to an auction and bought some things. As we left we noticed some blackberries growing along the fence. After getting permission we carefully pick several pails of the berries. I went home and made several cobblers. :big grin: The neighbor gave me some cherries from her tree and we had a few nice pies from them too. Oh how I miss my nice kitchen. :sad:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

wj_hurd
Got My M1 License!

Post by wj_hurd »

One of my favorite things to make, which is not very good for you, is Mac & Cheese.

I use 2lbs of cheese, 1lb NY Xtr sharp, 1/2lb of Colby, 1/2lb of Mont Jack.
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup of milk
1lb of MAC

Sometimes I'll sprinkle grated xtra sharp cheddar on top for color.

Its a tastegasm! :rock:
You gotta be a cheese lover to make it.
1996 VS1400GL, Jardine Drag pipes, K&N Filters.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

:funnylast: There for a second I thought I was in the recipe thread. :lolfall: Like I said I want to learn, but it's not really on my to-do list of things. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: