Just another useless thread.

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Just another useless thread.

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

according to Yo. :lol: Anyway, I got bored this afternoon after reading all the threads I was interested in. So I figured I'd do something strange. Well strange for me anyway. I decided to clean out the teardrop and put the regular mattress inside. The mattress is 38 in wide and can you guess how wide the inside of the teardrop is.... that is right it is also 38 inches. Now the inside of the trailer is 75 inches long and the mattress is 74 inches long. Normally that would fit tighter than an OJ glove. But the problem is the door is only 28.5 inches from corner to corner and a little over a foot from the end of the trailer. How the hell will the mattress fit in that door? A lot of will power and 4 ratchet straps later it will fit.

I had to use the ratchet straps to make the mattress fold up so it would fit thru the door. That worked out ok, but it still needed to turn because the end of the mattress was hitting the other side of the trailer. :bang: So it was time to drink some cold Dr. Pepper and think things over. :ahha: Use one of the straps to pull the end around so the mattress would slide down the wall. Worked like a charm until it wouldn't slide any more and I still have my end of the mattress outside the trailer. Time for another think tank and more Dr. Pepper. :lolfall:

After doing a little thinking I said to myself, "Self the strap worked to pull the end around on the other end why won't it do the same with this end?" So I do some engineering and put the strap on the end outside the trailer and proceeded to pull it smaller. After a lot of dirty words and a lot of pushing and shoving the end slipped into the trailer and the mattress fit inside like it was made for it. I put all my stuff back inside the trailer, pillows and stuff, laid down to admire what I had down and had a :ahha: moment. What the hell am I going to do when it comes time to take the mattress out? :bonk: There's not enough room to cross your fingers with the mattress in there much less put 4 straps on the mattress and tighten it up. Plus I doubt if I will be able to bend the end around the door to get it out. :cry: Oh well, I'll worry about that when the time comes and I hope it don't come any time soon. :lol:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Just another useless threadAccording to Yo.

Post by YoDude »

Umm so John?

Just exactly how do you figure that THAT post would be a useless post?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

should have just got a bed in a box then unpacked it inside the trailer. yotube bed in a box unpacking lol
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

"YoDude9999":Umm so John?

Just exactly how do you figure that THAT post would be a useless post?

Yo-
Well, I'll tell you. I don't think anyone else on the board has a teardrop trailer and if they did they sure as hell aren't dumb enough to try an fit a mattress inside it that just fits. What I thought might take 30 minutes ended up taking an hour and a half. :bang:
Jolsen wrote:should have just got a bed in a box then unpacked it inside the trailer. yotube bed in a box unpacking lol
The next time I'll try that. Is there a youtube vid to show how to put that bed back into the box once you take it out? :uhh:
98VS1400 wrote:There is 3 minutes of my life I'm never getting back. Warn a brother first, huh?
WTF is 3 minutes to a young man like you? Hell when I was young I'd waste that 4 or 5 times a day. :lolfall:

edit: After some more drinking (Dr. Pepper) and thinking (that gives me a headache) I realized what was bothering me... I could have made two more post out of this reply if I had answered each one in a different post. :bonk:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Re: Just another useless thread.

Post by Jolsen »

A fat chick and some duct tape :lmao:
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Jolsen wrote:A fat chick and some duct tape :lmao:
Trust me when I say this, that isn't as funny when you do it as it is thinking about doing it. That duct tape gets on everything. :bang: ---------------- :lmao:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Well John, that post actually told me quite a lot about you. You had a plan to do something. You set out to actually do it. You ran into a problem. You figured out a way to deal with it. You persevered through the task you set before yourself and followed it through until its completion. You were successful in every way. You told us all about it because you are proud of your work and like sharing your success with us.

I think that's pretty admirable.

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:Well John, that post actually told be quite a lot about you. You had a plan to do something. You set out to actually do it. You ran into a problem. You figured out a way to deal with it. You persevered through the task you set before yourself and followed it through until its completion. You were successful in every way. You told us all about it because you are proud of your work and like sharing your success with us.

I think that's pretty admirable.

Yo-
You may be right, but my thoughts were the thread didn't help anybody on the board. Now someone might join that has a teardrop and might think about putting a regular mattress in it. :uhh: If getting it in is such a hassle can you image what it is going to be like getting it out. All the wiring is under the boards the mattress sits on so if and when I need to mess with the wiring I am up a creek without a paddle. :bonk: I do know the tail lights have a short of some kind. I think it is just the way they are tied together with one having black electrical tape and the other a plastic cap. One comes loose and the other doesn't. :bang:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

While the above sounds like it might work I have a better idea and one I think I can "Live" with. Make the back end of the trailer, where my feet are now, and I have plenty of room, into a flip up top area. Most teardrops have kitchens back there, but since I don't I can make it into a small storage area to pull the smaller light weight stuff. All I'll have to do then is flip up the top and pull the mattress out the end, air it out, flip it over and put it back in. Problem solved. :bow:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

.....And do you see? You are! Suddenly, much smarter than you thought you were! :thumbup:

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:.....And do you see? You are! Suddenly, much smarter than you thought you were! :thumbup:

Yo-
Much smarter? I'm lazy and that trumps being smart. It is winter time or at least late fall and the temps will be dropping soon. Highs in the low 60's for Tuesday and Wed. and it will probably be wet also. I wish that motor home would hurry up and get here. I need time to clean it up and get it ready to sleep in. The people I'm buying it off of did the same thing last year. Last year they said it would be here in a couple of weeks and it never showed up. So I told her I don't need it. Well she found out the house I am in doesn't have an ac in it and she said her motor home had ac and she could get it here before the summer was up. Seems to me I need a warm place to sleep now and not an ac bedroom. :bonk: So I guess I can count the motor home off my list of things I need to fix before winter gets here. I'm tired of this :bs: and I don't need it any more. :hellfire: Rant over :cry:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

What is the holdup?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Move south so you can really sweet your butt off

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

The hold up... I couldn't say it any better. :lol: The motor home has been black tagged for the last 5 years which means it is tagged (sorta) but I can't drive it out on the road. Can't drive it anyway, once you start it and put it in gear it dies. Sounds like either a vacuum leak or bad gasoline. After sitting for 5 years I am sure the gas has gone bad so when it gets here I will have to drain the tank and put fresh gas in it. To get it legally tagged will cost me $200 and the owner is knocking off $600 off the price for the MH.

Seeing as how I am baby sitting this house to make sure it isn't vandalized until it is sold which could be years since they want twice what it is worth. They are asking $80,000 for the house (not worth anything) and 33.09 acres. The country assessor has said the land is worth $2,000 an acre and it isn't and there is no way this house is worth $14,000. the assessor based her value of the land on what the land across the road sold for and the guy that bought that land admitted he paid twice what it was worth.

Anyway, the house has no heat in the winter time or cold air in the summer time. That is why I was buying the MH for the ac and heater. But unless it gets here it ain't doing me a bit of good. :bang: There is water when the pump is working right. I also have hundreds of red wasp inside the walls of the house. The grass didn't get mowed once this year so the weeds are 4 to 5 feet tall and it covers everything. At one time there was a driveway beside the house but you can't see it now cause it is covered with those weeds. :blink:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Don't light any matches!

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I would be trying to get it running asap

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:Don't light any matches!

Yo-
The house was moved over here in 1959, so it is as old as Moses and I don't light anything that I can't be sure it won't catch anything on fire. The heater I have is in a cabinet and about as safe as you can get that is why it will be used in the MH if I ever get it. :bang:
Jolsen wrote:I would be trying to get it running asap
Not sure why seeing as I sold my land and have no other place to go to. I had a place I could park my stuff at in Henryeta for $150 a month, but the girl that is staying there is moving into an apartment as soon as she can. There goes 1/2 of my monthly rent. :bang:

I'm still on the lookout for a couple of acres around here that I might get cheap. They pop up for sale ever once in a while. I even have plans to go to the court house and see what they have for sale on the tax lien sales sheet. I might be able to get a couple of acres for $200 or less. :clap:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

98VS1400 wrote: Does anyone ever talk motorcycles around here???? :lmao: :fu:

We are talking motorcycles. Just in code words NRAMF won't understand.What did you really think we were talking about baseball and fat chicks? Did you not get issued your riders dictionary? :evil: :confused: :bonk: :lmao: :cheers:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

98VS1400 wrote:I want my dictionary please, in pdf if possible.
Just click on the baseball :lmao:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:funnylast: