Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Another solid purchase opportunity

Post by Jolsen »

double post wth
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Most people from the farm land are big and not so much fat. Its just a fact of life. I know lots of ladies that are over 6 ft. my cousins included. one of them is 6ft 3in. she aint fat but tall very much so. Tell the wife she can have an ultra after she learns to ride. :cheers:
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Wife isn't really big, just claustrophobic.

And she does ride, but only a scooter. Doesn't like shifting and controlling a bike at highway speed.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

ddog6900 wrote:Wife isn't really big, just claustrophobic.

And she does ride, but only a scooter. Doesn't like shifting and controlling a bike at highway speed.
I got the answer...
CTX700

With the DCT automatic transmission, you can shift with the push of a handlebar-mounted button, or select the automatic mode and the bike will shift itself. Plus, you get Anti-Lock Brakes for improved stopping in less than ideal conditions.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I know.... put the wife on a trike. :angel:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Seems someone on the forum is butt hurt much (because like I stated before, and disclaimed below, my humor doesn't come across well) but I will complete this thread.

Checked out the V Star 950 last night. Big bodied bike, lightweight bike Which is surprising since the Bolt had so much extra. Search continues, but I'm sticking with large displacement now. Need those extra ponies for the highway.

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

Post by dm1400 »

Sorry the 950 didn't pan out. Was a nice looking bike.

So after looking at the 950, are you back to looking for 1300 & larger? Vstar 1300 or an LC1500?

You've been a patient shopper. That's gonna pay off for you this winter & you're going to find a great bike at a great price. (I know, I'm the eternal optimist!) :thumbup:

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

dm1400 wrote:Sorry the 950 didn't pan out. Was a nice looking bike.

So after looking at the 950, are you back to looking for 1300 & larger? Vstar 1300 or an LC1500?

You've been a patient shopper. That's gonna pay off for you this winter & you're going to find a great bike at a great price. (I know, I'm the eternal optimist!) :thumbup:
At the very least 1300. :bang: Tired of looking but I will find the bike I'm looking for.

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

Post by dm1400 »

ddog6900 wrote:Tired of looking but I will find the bike I'm looking for.
But at least you've got your 800. I bet you would be a lot less patient if you had no bike.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Not all that glitters is gold. Sometimes its a fresh pile of poo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

ddog6900 wrote:Seems someone on the forum is butt hurt much (because like I stated before, and disclaimed below, my humor doesn't come across well) but I will complete this thread.

Checked out the V Star 950 last night. Big bodied bike, lightweight bike Which is surprising since the Bolt had so much extra. Search continues, but I'm sticking with large displacement now. Need those extra ponies for the highway.
Actually, I'm glad to learn you didn't bite on the V-Star. As I know a fraction of what you do, I still figured that wouldn't be what you were looking for. Like I stated earlier, I know the Volusia and that V-Star seems like a Volusia...with a little extra pick-up.
My brother had bought a 2005 Intruder C-90 when they were new. Now THAT bike was really nice! Everything that the Volusia was...only way more power for the long hauls!
I agree with your new thinking, nothing less than 1300!
Keep us posted!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.