well Keith Uncle John sounds a whole lot better than Grampa John. :lmao:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: Speaking of azzhats...

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

No, my middle name is Douglas. I worked as a laborer most of my life. I have worked on the repair and painting of fire trucks, I worked for a sail maker on City Island, NY, I have worked as a field hand for my uncles roustabout oil field business, I have done body work on cars, trucks, vans you name it if it needs body work I have done it. I have also worked for a circuit board maker, done asphalt road work and dirt work for new roads, I set string for the asphalt paver to follow. That sounds easy, but believe me it isn't. You have to kneel down in the middle of the road with your back to the oncoming traffic driving nails into the road to put the string on and hope and pray that they see you and don't run over you. You then go back and paint the string you just set because if you don't the traffic will run over the string and break it. I was a supervisor for Wrangler in their shipping warehouse. I have flagged traffic during road work, ran a Cat 815 F compactor pushing in and compacting fill dirt while keeping up with 8 dump trucks. I have cut firewood and cut brush along the fence. I'm sure there are a few more that I can't think of. :lol:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Well, we certainly can't say John has never done anything in his life! Enjoy your SS John, I think it's pretty clear you've walked the walk and deserve every cent allowed to you, and more. :cheers:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

It's kind of funny when I think about it. The only job I really liked was running the equipment on the new road dirt work in 2008 and that is what my ex father-in-law tried to get me into way back in the mid 70's. I worked a lot of jobs because I saw to many people say I'll do it when I retire but by then they didn't want to do it then. That is if they were alive. So I took time off from jobs to do what others were putting off, but they were too old to enjoy it. My brother spend a career in the Army and worked at the Pentagon after the Army and he said when he gets old enough to retire he will move to Colorado. Well he didn't live long enough to retire. So he never got to own his home or see Colorado as a retiree. He did own a big ass Bounder motor home and took two vacations a year but that isn't what a retiree wants when they retire. They did go thru Strugis during the rally one year. :lol:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I consider my job, at times, somewhat risky as I do work with electrical things that sometimes have to be powered up while doing stuff with them. I have had the crap shocked out of me more times than I care to mention, but I could never do the job you do Keith. I can't see myself in a position where I'd have to get physical with someone, let alone possibly getting shot at, or, shot, stabbed or otherwise injured by another person. That's just not my place in life. It's good we have people willing to do these sorts of jobs.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.