If it weren't for bad luck

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

If it weren't for bad luck

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

well you know the rest. Yesterday I was out trying to put the new electric horns on the bike. I got up to get a tool I needed out of the back of the van and I heard a noise behind me. When I turned around the bike had fell over onto the right side. :shock: I went over and got it back on its wheel and was wondering WTF happened? I knew there was a little wind but nothing that could possible blow the bike over. It was soft where the bike sat, but I had a 1x2 under the kickstand so that couldn't have been it. I noticed that when I set the bike back up it was in neutral. So I'm thinking okay it is in neutral, but the bike is leaning to the left so WTF did it fall over on the right side? I never did figure out why it fell to the right. :bonk: I finish up wiring the horn to the relay they provide and I have a horn. :clap:

Now I have to go to town to get something from Walmart and jump on the bike. I get 2 1/2 miles down the road and the horn falls off the bike. :bonk: It appears that in my haste to get to town I didn't check to make sure everything was tight with the horns. So I park the bike walk back to get the horn and go back home. When I get home I notice that the lower right panel on the windshield is broke. :eek: It must have broke when the bike fell over. So here I sit crying in my Dr. Pepper (hot Dr. Pepper at that) about what else can go wrong and wondering how the hell I can fix the windshield. I say fork it and get out the Red Green special poor mans tool "Duct tape." I proceed to put duct tape on the broken panel to hold it together and then duct tape the other side so they look the same. From a distance you can't tell the panel is broke and up close all you see is duct tape. How if I only had some of that 100 mph duct tape Nascar uses. :lol: I know this duct tape probably won't last long in the wind, but it was put on just to give me something to do so I would quit crying in my Dr. Pepper it was screwing up the taste. :bang:

I have come to the conclusion that I live a charmed uneventful life. :lmao:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: If it weren't for bad luck

Post by Jolsen »

you could screw it.

by that I mean drill small holes in it and attach metal on both sides of the crack then put bolts in.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Well, here is another thread that pics would work better than words. :bonk: I guess it is back to Walmart for camera batteries. Just don't look for pics any time soon. :lol: I'm not so worried about how it looks as I am that the piece doesn't break off completely while I am out riding and it hits somebodies car. Also after riding the bike to town to see about a job at the new Walmart they are building in Wewoka, (no job :bang: ), I have seen that the horn needs to be put some place where it doesn't hit anything. This is turning out to be more of a headache than if I had just bought another air horn and put it back on the highway bar where I had the old one. :bang:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

You'll get it sorted out John. You're a resourceful guy :thumbup:
Let us know what you end up with.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

98VS1400 wrote: My horn sounded like a dog's fart.
That loud huh? :blink:

Suzuki horns remind me of the horns they put on Road Runner cars that went Beep Beep. :bonk:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
98VS1400 wrote: My horn sounded like a dog's fart.
That loud huh? :blink:

Suzuki horns remind me of the horns they put on Road Runner cars that went Beep Beep. :bonk:
Yeah if they bound and gagged the road runner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

When I'm going down the freeway and hit the horn button, I'm thinking, is this thing really working? If I slow down to about 50 I can a faint meep meep. The stock horn is a POS. I don't think a cager with the window rolled up can hear it, at least not while on the freeway.

I experienced a Walo BadBoy while at a bike shop and even though I was standing a good 25 feet away from it when the clerk hit the button, it put my ears in pain. It sounds just like a car horn, but I think it much louder because car horns don't usually hurt my ears. I'm going to get one, one of these days.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

98VS1400 wrote:I'm gonna buy this instead of the car-plane.

A steal...
OOOOoooo Not if I buy it first!

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

You can keep it I rather have a 41 dodge business coupe

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Something like this but red

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dea ... 80553.html

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

If you are going to buy something then get the Superbird and get it over with. Me, I'm buying another 1966 Chevy II Nova Super Sport. That is what I had when I got married and I should have kept it and got rid of the wife. Wait I did get rid of the wife and the car. :cry: