One Of Nation's Finest Doing What Comes Natural,....Helping Others

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

One Of Nation's Finest Doing What Comes Natural,....Helping Others

Post by Designer »

Cop Uses His Own Money To Fill Woman's Gas Tank After Learning She Couldn't Afford To Get Home
By Laura Stewart September 25, 2019

A police officer went above and beyond the call of duty Monday when he paid for a woman’s gas after realizing she couldn’t afford to fill her tank herself.

Deputy Sheriff Chris Owen of the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office was patrolling in Walkertown, North Carolina, when a woman approached him in her car, asking for help, to which he readily responded.

“The driver explained that she was on her way home and needed to get gas,” Owen told Yahoo Lifestyle. “The lady told me she was handicapped and asked if I could pump her gas for her.”

He said he could tell that the woman, who never gave her name, was having a difficult evening.
“She was not having a great night and I wanted to do what I could to make it better,” he said. But as he would soon find out, her night was going even worse than he thought.

Owen met the woman at a gas station not far away, getting out of his patrol car to pump her gas. That’s when she handed him $8 to cover the cost.

“I asked if she thought that would be enough to get her home, and she told me where she was going and that she thought it should cover it,” he said. But the officer knew the area well enough to know that she might not make it back on just a little fuel.

“I did not want her to run out of gas and be stranded, so I decided to just swipe my credit card to pay for her,” he said.

The woman was blown away by Owen’s kindness. According to Yahoo, she thanked him more than once before getting back on the road, now able to make it home safely.

The Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office posted a photo of Owen at the gas station, sharing the story on its Facebook page.

“This job isn’t just about carrying a gun and a badge — it’s about serving others,” the post said.

According to Yahoo, public affairs officer Christina Howell said that the selfless act was “nothing out of the ordinary” for Owen, who has been serving the community for over six years.

“Many individuals who go into law enforcement do so because they want to make the world a better place by both protecting and serving others,” Howell said, adding that because the little acts of kindness are rarely photographed and shared, they often “go unnoticed by the general public.”

Owen himself told WGHP-TV, “This is a small gesture, but it’s not something that’s uncommon. A lot of officers, I know a lot of guys on my squad, have done the same thing.”

“You never know someone’s circumstances or what challenges they are facing every day, and a seemingly small act may end up making a difference for someone,” Owen told Yahoo.

“Just pay it forward and treat everyone you encounter with respect and understanding.”

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: One Of Nation's Finest Doing What Comes Natural,....Helping Others

Post by KAJUN »

:clap: :clap: :clap: [emoji106] :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You wont find that story in any liberal rag or on cnn either.......
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

COPS AND FIREMEN ARE FINE PEOPLE. THEY RUN INTO TROUBLE ... FOR STRANGERS !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Right you are KAJUN and HARRIS. WAY Too much of the main stream "news".... (lies really).... attacks and denigrates they who Serve our Communities and our Nation.

Here we see what we should see more Reported as major Headlines:

Cop Fills Disabled Woman's Gas Tank So She Won't Get Stranded
A North Carolina deputy receives praise for showing kindness to a disabled woman who didn't have enough gas in her car to get home.
By Beth Dalbey, Patch Staff Sep 24, 2019 5:02

Forsyth County Deputy Chris Owen used his own credit card to fill the gas tank of a disabled woman who didn't have enough fuel to get home.

WALKERTOWN, NC — Opportunities to show kindness toward others can be found at multiple times over the course of a day, and a deputy sheriff from Forsyth County, North Carolina, grabbed his chance Sunday when he came upon a woman who couldn't afford to pay for the gas she needed to get home.

Chris Owen was patrolling in Walkertown early Sunday morning when the woman flagged him down. She said she was disabled, and wanted to know if Owen could help. Sure, he agreed, and asked her to follow him to a nearby gas station.

She handed Owen $8. Owen didn't think that would buy enough gas to get her home. He didn't want her to run out on the way and be stranded.

So he whipped his personal credit card out of his wallet and filled the woman's gas tank.

"This job isn't just about carrying a gun and a badge," the sheriff's office wrote on its Facebook page. "It's about serving others."

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

I read this,...and had to post it here for everyone else to see. :bow:

Police Officers Repay Kids' Act of Kindness by Replacing Stolen Bicycles
By Amanda Thomason September 30, 2019

A story out of Clackamas County, Oregon, has been a refreshing reminder that cops and kids can get along well and benefit one another.

When two Clackamas County deputies were out dealing with a situation, they didn’t expect to be greeted shortly afterward by some kindhearted kids.

“Mark and I were having a rough day,” Deputy Steve Funk told KPTV. “We were encountering, let’s just say, some people not being pleasant. Then, all of a sudden, these kids come over and out of nowhere they give us hugs.”

“It was amazing,” Deputy Mark Nikolai said.

But it didn’t end there, and where that initial act of kindness led to was soon posted online.

“Here’s a GREAT story about our deputies going out of their way to replace several stolen bicycles for a very special group of kids,” the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office shared on Sept. 26.

The post recounted how the two deputies were having a rough day when the band of boys approached them.

“To their surprise, the kids didn’t ask for stickers — they asked for hugs. These two grown men melted.”

“The deputies also learned the children’s bicycles had been stolen. At briefing, the deputies told their partners that they planned to buy the three kids replacement bicycles and surprise them after school.”

“The other deputies on the shift wanted to help out — so they immediately offered to pitch in,” the post continued.

After a trip to Fred Meyer (which graciously discounted prices for this occasion) and three bicycle purchases later, the deputies took the bikes — along with helmets, of course — to their new little friends, who were reportedly ecstatic and rushed the two officers.

“I was joking around saying it was the safest law enforcement ambush we’ve ever seen, and we loved it,” Funk said.

“Our deputies make a positive difference in our community every day,” the post concluded. “You don’t always hear about it, but these deputies have big hearts under their badges.”

“I like the wheels,” Brandon Jenkins, 9, told reporters. “Clackamas County sheriffs are the best.”

“Thank you deputies!” Leah Estes Jenkins, mother to two of the boys who got bikes, commented on the video posted by the sheriff’s office. “Our family is eternally grateful for your service to our community, your generosity, and for the impact you had on our family.”

“With all of the negativity out there, I have always encouraged my children to be kind and compassionate because you never know what people are struggling with,” she concluded. “This has impacted our family in so many ways and I just can not thank you enough!”

“You can’t put a value on that, for helping a kid, it was great,” Nikolai said.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

This is what we need to see more odf in the Main steam "news"

Kind Cop Pays Out of Own Pocket To Buy Car Seats for Mom Who Couldn't Afford Them
By Amanda Thomason October 18, 2019 at 12:43pm

Car seats are one of those necessary things that can be a pain to update. They’re expensive, the rules always seem to be changing and they have to be installed properly to be useful. That means that sometimes kids don’t get the car seats they should have, as other purchases can seem more pressing. According to WTMJ-TV, the Milwaukee Police Department has handed out 122 citations this year alone for children being improperly restrained, and over the weekend mom Andrella Jackson easily could have been the 123rd to get a ticket for the offense.

When Officer Kevin Zimmermann pulled over Jackson’s car for registration issues, he found something even more concerning inside the vehicle.

“I see three kids in the backseat, and two are very young,” Zimmermann told WTMJ. “I didn’t observe any child restraints or even seat belts, and I asked why the kids aren’t in car seats. She said she can’t afford them at this time.”

Jackson told him she’d just bought the car and hadn’t been able to afford the registration yet, and with the cold months coming up she was still trying to find a way to pay for winter clothes and shoes for her children, let alone buy new car seats.

Zimmermann felt bad for the struggling family and decided to show mercy instead of justice.

“I’m a father myself, I have three kids,” he said. “I thought of my kids jumping around. What if a car hit them and they flew and got seriously hurt, if not killed?”

While he got called away to another scene, he took Jackson’s information and got back in touch with her afterward to give her some good news: He’d bought new car seats for her kids.

“I got these for you and your kids so your kids can be safe, and you don’t have to worry about at least this part of the situation you’re in,” he told her.

“She kept saying thank you,” he told WTMJ, “and the kids kept saying thank you.”

Jackson praised the officer’s generosity publicly and reiterated how thankful she and her children were for his kindness and willingness to not only resolve the problem financially but come in-person to install the seats properly, as well.

“GOT PULLED OVER FOR KIDS’ NOT BEING IN A CARSEAT AND HE WENT IN BOUGHT AND ALSO INSTALLED THEM IN MY CAR,” she wrote in an Oct. 12 Facebook post. “MY GIRL’S COULDN’T STOP THANKING HIM AND IT MADE THEM SMILE….S/O 2 OFFICER #ZIMMERMANN AT DISTRICT 5.”

The Milwaukee Police Department picked up the story two days later, sharing Jackson’s post and commending the officer’s actions.

“Andrella JACKSON was recently pulled over by MPD District 5 Officer Zimmerman, and received much more than a traffic citation,” it wrote in a Facebook post. “The officer observed that the children in the car were not properly restrained and took it upon himself to purchase two car seats for her.”

“Thank you Officer Zimmerman for going the extra mile and going above and beyond your call of duty.”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

This LEO went above and beyond ! :rock:

Police Officer Drives 94-Year-Old WII Veteran 2,200+ Miles to New Home
By Kayla Kunkel October 2, 2019

A wellness check in Glendale, Arizona, turned into a road trip for two strangers who ended their journey as “lifelong friends.”
Howard Benson’s son was concerned when his father stubbornly refused to cancel his plans to move cross country alone, so he called the Glendale Police Department for a welfare check.

“He’s loaded up a trailer and thinks he can drive himself to Florida,” he told the dispatcher on Aug. 25, according to KTAR-FM. “I’d like to have somebody talk to him if they could.”
The 94-year-old World War II veteran was planning to move to a senior living facility in Florida and was preparing for the cross-country trek when Glendale Police Sgt. Jeff Turney arrived at his house.

Sgt. Turney, a retired Air Force member, was specifically sent because of his innate ability to relate to other military members and veterans.
Once he arrived to Benson’s home, however, he realized he couldn’t convince him to cancel his trip.

“I responded over there and started talking to Howard and figured out he was going no matter what anybody had said,” Sgt. Turney told KTAR.
Benson was set to leave the following day regardless, so the police officer decided to accompany him to ensure Benson got to Florida safely.

Even though the two men barely knew each other, they set off for Florida the following day. By the end of their 30-hour endeavor, however, the pair would become best friends. Before the trip, Sgt. Turney called it “an honor” to help Benson move and even said he was excited to learn more about the WWII vet.
Sgt. Turney reported updates on the trip via Facebook Live where people who wanted to follow the unlikely duo’s adventure could watch the budding friendship between two veterans grow.

Benson told his unexpected companion he wanted to see America one last time, according to KTAR.

“It was unbelievable,” Turney said. “I told him I wanted to hear about his life.”

“He basically started at 3 1/2 years old with his earliest memory sitting on his mother’s lap and he told me about his entire life for 94 years.”
After hours of driving, the two men had learned a lot about each other’s lives, shared many laughs and each gained a new friend. Benson even gained a new nickname, Hurricane Howard, which came from a conversation about the oncoming Hurricane Dorian.

“We shared a lot going across the country,” Turney said. “We are lifelong friends now.”

When the pair arrived at the senior living facility, Benson was welcomed with waving American flags and patriotic songs.

“Over 2300 miles of conversation with someone I didn’t know 5 days ago,” Sgt. Turney wrote on Facebook after the road trip.

“We laughed, we joked, we learned, and yes, there were tears when we parted. I was fortunate to be able to get to know and honor a man who has lived a full life.”

St. Turney hopes that his adventure with Howard will encourage others to help those who need it.

“Live every day to it’s fullest, give people complements when you’re able, enrich your life by volunteering, and finally, take the time to help someone,” he wrote, “just because it’s the right thing to do.”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Good deeds and charitable acts are more commonplace than not and I believe that The USA is the most giving and helping nation on the planet. Cops are in a position to be at all times looked to for help and I believe that if the positive good they do each day was reported that this thread could be overflowing.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:Good deeds and charitable acts are more commonplace than not and I believe that The USA is the most giving and helping nation on the planet. Cops are in a position to be at all times looked to for help and I believe that if the positive good they do each day was reported that this thread could be overflowing.
The trouble is that it is only the screwups that usually gets reported. The good deeds are almost never heard of.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
RoadKing wrote:Good deeds and charitable acts are more commonplace than not and I believe that The USA is the most giving and helping nation on the planet. Cops are in a position to be at all times looked to for help and I believe that if the positive good they do each day was reported that this thread could be overflowing.
The trouble is that it is only the screwups that usually gets reported. The good deeds are almost never heard of.
Well,....We do see that the "media" literally SCREAMS about 'screw ups',....but whispers about local HEROS such as these are.,...if they mention them at all. :roll:

Hence my enjoyment at posting those HEROS right here for all of us to know about . [emoji2]

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Let's read more about Our fine L:EO's;

Police Officers Help Veteran Get to Doctor After Learning He Planned To Walk Almost 100 Miles
By Kim Davis November 10, 2019

Sheriff departments across Alabama drove a disabled veteran to the doctor after learning he planned to walk and hitchhike 100 miles to keep his appointment. When a Walker County Sheriff’s Office deputy first noticed disabled veteran Gerald Baldwin walking down the highway, it was hard to miss the man’s oxygen tank in tow. The deputy soon learned that Baldwin, a Gulf War veteran, was desperate to keep a doctor’s appointment that was almost 100 miles away in Huntsville.

Alabama police help veteran get to doctor after learning he was walking nearly 100 miles
WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WBMA) -- Walker, Cullman, Morgan and Madison County Sheriff's departments said they worked together to help a disabled veteran make it to his doctor appointment, after finding...Baldwin had no means of transportation but was so determined to see the doctor that he just started walking.

The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office detailed the event on Facebook, sharing how deputies across county lines came together to drive Baldwin from jurisdiction to jurisdiction until he made it to the doctor.

“After an overnight stay, we were happy to do it all again today….. in reverse to help get the man back home,” the sheriff’s office wrote.

The story quickly went viral, and eventually reached the eyes and ears of Baldwin’s estranged son, Lance Baldwin.

Lance told WAFF that he and his father had not spoken for roughly five years.

“I couldn’t bring myself to message him. It’s just a lot of bad blood between us,” Lance told WAFF. “But I knew his health was declining and he had cancer surgery the last time we spoke. I should’ve been there more.”

Lance, who lives in Pennsylvania, could not take his eyes off the Facebook post about his father.

“I’ve read that post a dozen times over and over again,” he said. “I still can’t believe they went as far as they did to get him where he needed to be, and then to do it again in reverse to take him back home.”

“I’m not a religious person, but somebody was up there watching,” Lance said.

According to WAFF, Lance plans to reach out to his father to hopefully rekindle a relationship.

“He’s a tough old man,” Lance said. “He’s always been my superman.”

The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office has updated the original Nov. 7 Facebook post with a link to a GoFundMe campaign benefiting Baldwin.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Here's a nice News Story About One Our Finest doing what is appropriate for this Holiday Season;

Police officer replaces family Christmas decorations after vandal destroyed them
By Amanda Thomason, The Western Journal December 20, 2019

While in the classic Christmas story "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" the Grinch takes all the decor from the Whos and then has a change of heart, many modern-day vandals aren't quite so easily moved
If you've ever displayed inflatable Christmas decor on your front lawn, perhaps you know this first-hand: There are groups of (generally young) people who take great joy in tackling Santas, snowmen, reindeer and pretty much anything that is inflatable and displayed unattended outdoors.
But the tackling often proves fatal to such installations, and what was once a jolly front yard can look a little sad after a group of vandals runs through it. The Vincenti family experienced that on Dec. 8, when their Santa Claus inflatable was popped, The Baltimore Sun reported.

The Vincenti kids, aged 5 and 3 according to the Aberdeen Police Department's Facebook post, were heartbroken over the loss. When Aberdeen Police Officer Cynthia Mowery showed up on the scene for a damage report, she could see what a toll the destroyed decor was having on the 6-year-old, and her heart grew several sizes.

"When I was taking the report, I looked up and their [older] son was standing there looking out," the cop, who also happens to be a mother and grandmother, told The Baltimore Sun. "It was so sad, he looked so upset, and that weighed on my heart all night. When I woke up the next morning, I just knew what I had to do.”

With the help of her squad, she brought some Christmas cheer to the family's yard once more.

"Officer Mowery was not going to let a vandal ruin a families Christmas spirit this year," the Aberdeen Police Department shared in a Facebook post on Monday. "After learning that a homeowners Christmas decorations were vandalized Officer Mowery took action.

"Officer Mowery purchased new decorations to replace the damaged ones. Officer Mowey made this purchase in the middle of the night, so when the children woke (boys ages 5&3) they would be surprised."

The post went on to say that while the officer wasn't asking for recognition, this kind act wasn't out of the ordinary for her. She's only been on the force for a year after working with them as a civilian, but she's clearly making a difference.

"This is not the first time she has demonstrated an act of kindness that goes above and beyond the call of duty," the post continued. "Officer Mowery does not seek recognition for her good deeds but we had to share. Officer Mowery's actions are the definition of the true meaning of Christmas!!!"
"I've always had an interest in the field of law ... when I accepted the position at the Harford County Sheriff's Office, it sparked that love of law enforcement again," she told The Baltimore Sun.

"My husband and I talked, our children were grown and out of the house, it was a good time to go ahead and make it happen."
The Vincenti parents "surprised" their kids with the news by placing their Elf on the Shelf sitting on the front window, looking outside. The kids noticed immediately, and their dad urged them to look outside, too
"I said ‘let’s open the door and find out what he’s looking at’ and we went out there and he was just ecstatic, losing his mind because there’s all these decorations after the one decoration had previously been removed," Richard Vincenti said.
"I don't know how to explain the happiness that they had. They were very grateful."

Mowery has been very modest about her deed, explaining that others helped as well and that she just wanted to do something nice for the kids.
"My goal was to try to help," she explained. "I’m a mom, I’m a grandmom. I saw how upset that family was and I just wanted to help them."
"And if it helps with the way the perception is with law enforcement, that’s fantastic. Aberdeen has a great agency, we work with a lot of people that care about the community."

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Isn't this something to enjoy!

Kindhearted Police Officers Bring 5 Tons of Snow to Little Girl Too Sick To Travel
By Amanda Thomason January 6, 2020

The Walker family from Gilbert, Arizona, has a yearly tradition that many families who live in arid conditions share: At some point, generally around the holiday season, they make the trek to snow — wherever that may be.

While snow may be a necessary evil for many people, sometimes Christmas just doesn’t feel complete without a snow day. This year, though, the Walkers were cautioned against making the long drive to a higher elevation because of their 2-year-old, Quinn.

Quinn was born with a rare genetic disorder and only has the right side of her heart. She’s undergone surgeries and has another coming up in April, and doctors warned her family that the trip could prove too much for her.

“She looks completely healthy and normal. You would never know that this little girl is fighting to stay alive,” Quinn’s mom Sandee Walker said to KNXV.

The family was saddened that they’d miss out on their snow day trip, but their extended law enforcement family decided to bring the snow to them — five tons of it.

“This morning CGFD’s Engineer Adam Walker had a Snow Party at his house!” the Casa Grande Fire Department posted on Friday. “Adam’s daughter, Quinn has #HLHS, a rare genetic disorder, and was born with half a heart.”

“Each year the Walker family like to go up north to play in the snow. This year it was recommended that Quinn not travel north; it would be too much strain on her heart.”

“Friends and co-workers decided to bring the snow to her! A HUGE Shout-Out to Casa Grande Police Department’s Cpl Mike Bejarano and Melissa Ramos for making the magic happen!”

“She’s had a chance to throw some snowballs and her brothers — do all that stuff here in Gilbert,” dad Adam Walker told KNXV.

According to Pinal Central, Bejarano was able to arrange the snow delivery with the help of the Public Safety Foundation, Casa Grande Fire Department union and the Tate Lynch Memorial Foundation.

“This was the BEST day ever!” Sandee Walker posted on Facebook. “So many amazing people came together to have snow made in our driveway for Quinn!”

RELATED: Man Lost in Grand Canyon Found Alive After Enduring Freezing Weather for 11 Days

“We can’t take her to the snow so the snow came to her! She loved it.”

‘I’ve been tearing up all morning just watching her and her brothers happy,” she said to KNXV.

Sandee also made sure to give credit where credit was due, commenting on her own post to thank their snow angels by name.

“Thank you thank you thank you to Melissa Ramos and friends for this amazing day!” she wrote. “We will never ever forget this!”

The snow stuck around for a bit, and Quinn’s Facebook page — Quinn Walker #QuinnStrong HLHS — is full of adorable pictures of Quinn enjoying her special present.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Again,...we see,.. One Our Nations Finest,.going WAY above and beyond the call of duty.
What a GREAT guy! :clap:

Exhausted Police Officer Fell Asleep Waiting by Stray Puppy's Side
By Kim Davis February 8, 2020

Florida police officer Kareem Garibaldi has been praised for going above and beyond the call of duty on behalf of a stray dog named Hope.
It was the spring of 2016 when Garibaldi, an officer with the City of Lakeland Police Department, came across a lonely and wandering stray pup in the early morning hours of his shift.

The dog was not wearing any identification, and as his shift was about to end, Garibaldi decided to take the dog home with him in hopes of finding her owner the following day. According to The Dodo, Garibaldi tried a second time to find the dog’s owner, but was unsuccessful. At the end of his 12-hour shift, a weary and sleepy Garibaldi brought the dog to the SPCA Florida for a checkup.

Connie Johnson, the shelter’s safety net manager, saw the exhausted pup sleeping beside Garibaldi, who had also dozed off while waiting for the dog’s checkup.
“I walked in, and that’s when I saw him and the puppy,” Johnson told The Dodo. “He was exhausted, the puppy was exhausted, and they were sleeping. It was one of those moments that just grab your heart. He was so determined to get her help.”

Garibaldi waited the entire three hours that it took for Hope to receive a thorough checkup. Aside from having mites, the dog was given a clean bill of health.
“It clearly was a selfless thing to do. He wasn’t thinking about getting home to sleep. He was thinking about what he could do to help this puppy survive,” Johnson said.

“He actually woke up at one point just to see if she was OK, then he went back to sleep.”

Hope accompanied her new friend back to the police station, where she quickly captured the eyes and heart of a police dispatcher, who adopted her that very day. The photo of Garibaldi snoozing beside the stray pup captured the hearts of Florida residents, who praised the Lakeland Police Department for having such compassionate officers.

“It’s the kind-hearted officers like this that makes the Lakeland Police Department truly unique,” the department wrote on Facebook. “Having worked a long weekend, Officer Garibaldi still found the energy at the end of his shift to help man’s best friend.”

Johnson was particularly impressed with Garibaldi’s determination to make sure Hope ended up in good hands.

“This gentleman has such a heart,” she said. “He really, really cared about the outcome of that puppy.”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Again we see our LEO's making a difference;

Desperate Mother Calls 911 When She Can't Feed Her Baby, Police Show Up at Door To Help
By Kim Davis February 19, 2020

Shannon Bird was home alone with her five children, sound asleep when her six-week-old newborn woke up to nurse. But something was different about this 2 a.m. feeding — Bird’s milk supply had suddenly gone dry.

The situation left the baby hungry and frustrated and left Bird, who just wanted to feed her hungry newborn, in an unusual predicament.
One option — not exactly prudent given the circumstances — was to wake up her four other children, one wearing a leg cast, load them up into the car, and visit a store in the middle of the night for baby formula.

Instead, she tried calling her little brother, who did not answer. She called neighbors and friends too, but nobody answered, except for her husband, who was out of town. The pair brainstormed on what to do and in the end, a distraught Bird decided to phone the police to ask if someone could help.

“I’ve never not had food for my newborn,” Bird told KSL-TV. “It was really scary for me.”

By this time, Bird’s infant was screaming to communicate her hunger.
“I’ve been calling neighbors and no one will answer,” an emotional Bird told the Lone Peak Police dispatcher.

“I’ve never been in this predicament ever. My milk just literally dried out. This is my fifth kid and this has never happened,” she said.

Lone Peak police officer Brett Wagstaff responded to her call, first stopping at a convenience store for a gallon of milk.
After laying eyes on Bird’s newborn, Wagstaff quickly realized she needed to be drinking baby formula.
On the video footage released by Lone Peak police, Wagstaff could be heard asking Bird what type of formula her baby drank, to which Bird replied she did not know — this was a first for her and her baby.

“We’ll leave this with you,” Wagstaff told her, leaving the milk at her home. “We’ll be right back with some formula for your baby — she’s adorable.”

Wagstaff stopped at Walmart to purchase the same formula he and his wife used when their baby was born and quickly returned to Bird’s doorstep.

Bird could be heard apologizing profusely for any inconvenience she had caused, but Wagstaff was obviously happy to help.
“That’s the same stuff we gave my daughter when she was first born, so hopefully it doesn’t upset her stomach,” Wagstaff said of the formula.

Bird was left feeling grateful that during her time of need, the police showed her such compassion.
“I was not expecting them to go get that food for me,” Bird said, who had been hoping that an officer would simply wait at her home while she ran to the store herself.

Officer Dave Ventrano told KSL that the department has pledged to protect and serve its community, and though this case was unusual, they were glad to serve.
“Most of us, we got on this job to help people, and this was an example of helping out a mother that was in need,” Ventrano said.

“To this mom, this is a priority for her,” he said. “It’s been about protect and serve. This is part of the serve. We are here to serve the public.”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Am always proud of our LEO's,....like this one who takes the time to "Be There" for others in need;

Police Officer Sits Down, Shares Lunch with Homeless Woman by Stop Sign
By Amanda Thomason March 25, 2020

Seeing panhandlers on the side of the road is a staple in many communities.

It can be easy to gloss over the weary faces and requests and simply go on with your day without a second thought. But sometimes, someone just tugs at you. Officer Michael Rivers with the Goldsboro Police Department in North Carolina experienced that earlier this month when he drove by a homeless woman.

At first he did what many would have done — said “hey” as he passed by, and then continued on. But the words on the woman’s shirt pulled at him, and he had to go back.

“Homeless,” her shirt read. “The fastest way of becoming a nobody.”

Refusing to let her remain a nobody, Rivers decided to treat her like a human being.

“God put it on my heart to get her lunch,” he told CNN. “So I turned around and I asked her, ‘Hey, did you eat today?’ And she said, ‘No.'”

A short while later, pizza in hand, the young officer approached the woman — whose name, he discovered, was Michelle — and the two sat and talked for around 45 minutes. He learned that she had two children, one of which was very sick and currently in foster care.

The officer’s kindness would have been kept quiet, just one more kind action escaping the public eye, but a woman passing by noticed and had to take a picture.

“Cassie was out on her lunch break and observed Goldsboro’s Finest enjoying lunch with a homeless person,” a man named Chris Barnes shared on March 11. “Law enforcement does so much for our community, with a lot of it going unnoticed. We see you Goldsboro P.D. Keep up the good work.”

“Looks like Officer Rivers found a great way to spend his lunch break!” the Goldsboro Police Department wrote on their share of the image. “Thank you for sharing this post with us.”

One woman commented on the police department‘s post, saying she, too, had spotted the lovely interaction between the two.

“I saw them eating together,” she wrote. “And he didn’t just sit there for a couple minutes, he sat there and SPOKE to her for at least 20. Treated her like a human and not someone to ignore. Officer Rivers restored my faith in humanity yesterday.”

Even a woman claiming to be Michelle herself commented on the post to express her gratitude.

“This was by far the best day I have experienced since I became homeless,” the woman commented. “Officer Rivers is one (of many) law enforcement officer who is a true blessing to the community that has the privilege to have him on their team. March 11, 2020: the day I was ‘Touched by an Angel.'”

“The circumstances around our job are often an unpleasant call to service, but this picture just shows we’re human like anyone else and any chance we get to serve the community and help people, we take that chance,” Police Chief Michael West told CNN.

“I’m very fortunate to have Officer Rivers in our department.”

Though the meeting has warmed many hearts, for Rivers it’s business as usual.

“I come to work and my method is, ‘Who can I bless today? Who can I make smile?'” Rivers explained. “I’m not the one that wants to take somebody’s father or mother away and put them in jail.”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Once again, we see ...America's Finest,.....Stepping Up and doing what is Above And Beyond; :ShitGrinandThumb: :clap: :cheers:

Police Pull Over Drivers to Surprise Them With Free Turkeys, Brings One Man to Tears
By Cassandra Fairbanks November 25, 2021

The Mesa Police Department in Mesa, Arizona, has been pulling over drivers and surprising them with turkeys — bringing one man to tears.
The prankster police pretended that they were giving motorists tickets, but it was actually part of their “Turkeys Not Tickets” program.

The officers would make up a violation, go back to their vehicle as if they were writing a ticket, then returned with the Thanksgiving bird.

“When you made your turn, you made a wide turn. You’re supposed to stay in your lane,” Officer Jason Flam of the Mesa Police Department told one driver.

The officer told Fox 10 that some stops were emotional, bringing one man to tears.
“…I don’t think they can afford the turkey, so it worked out really good,” he said.

We in America are BLESSED to have this Fine Caliber Of People in Public Service. :rock:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Here is another One Of Our finest,...a Navy Veteran Oscar Rodriguez,... being honored by "The Rock"

https://www.theblaze.com/news/video-wat ... vy-veteran

Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson give his own custom pickup truck to a Navy veteran
ALEX NITZBERG NOVEMBER 26, 2021

Actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson gave his own pickup truck to Navy veteran Oscar Rodriguez and shared video of the touching moment online.
The heartwarming scene has amassed millions of views.

"I invited fans to a special theater screening of RED NOTICE and I wanted to do something cool for all of them," Johnson explained on social media.

"I also wanted to do something BIG… something MASSIVE… something unforgettable for one fan," he noted. "My original idea was to give away the Porsche Taycan, that I drive in the movie, Red Notice. So we reached out to Porsche, but they said no."

Johnson said that he decided that he would give away his own truck instead.

"I gathered as much information as I could about everyone in the audience and ultimately, Oscar's story moved me," the actor noted. "Takes care of his 75 year old mom. Personal trainer. Leader at his church. Provides support and meals for women victimized by domestic violence. Proud & humble Navy veteran. Kind human being."

In the video, Rodriguez, who had been excited just to meet Johnson, became very emotional after learning that Johnson was giving him the vehicle.

"Hugging @therock is worth a thousand trucks!" Rodriguez said in an Instagram post. "I could have gone home content and satisfied knowing I got a BEAR HUG from Dwayne Johnson, A Living Legend. Cheers to you brother. I pray for more hugs, @teremana toasts in our future!"

You can see the Video Clips here;
https://www.theblaze.com/news/video-wat ... vy-veteran

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Again,...we see One Of Our Finest saving a life;

Hero cop saves life of baby who stopped breathing on busy highway

PAUL SACCA September 02, 2023
A Michigan police officer is being heralded as a hero for saving the life of a child who wasn't breathing during a traffic stop.

Around 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, a police officer pulled over a Chevrolet Camaro speeding around 80 mph in a 45 mph zone.
Warren Police Department officer Brendan Fraser, "I thought he was racing somebody, or maybe he was trying to get away from something."
Once the Camaro was pulled over, the driver and passenger frantically explained that the 18-month-old baby in the car wasn't breathing and they were rushing the boy to a nearby hospital.

The driver yelled, "Help, help, we got a baby here dying!"

Fraser explained, "And then, really, now it made sense when he handed his baby over. He's headed to the hospital that's about three-quarters of a mile away."

Police dashcam footage shows the driver waving his arms and screaming."We took him to the hospital and they said he had COVID. And then he just started seizing," the child's mother told the officer.

Officer Fraser is seen on video taking the child out of the vehicle. He noticed that the baby was turning blue and his eyes were rolled into the back of his head.
Fraser picked up the boy and administered several blows to the baby's back. The blows caused the baby to spit up and cleared the baby's airway.

The baby started breathing again. Fraser attempted to calm the panicked relatives, "He's breathing, look at him, he’s OK."

Fraser said, "It was a big relief, for sure. When the child started breathing, and you saw the color come back around its lips."

Additional officers arrived at the scene and rushed the baby to a local hospital, and was later transferred to St. John Hospital. The baby has been released from the hospital and is recovering with his family.
Fraser said, "Just happened to be in the right place at the right time."

"Officer Fraser's actions on this traffic stop are nothing short of heroic," Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer said in a statement, according to the Detroit News. "This incident shows that police work and traffic stops are not always about writing tickets or making arrests."