I own crypto!

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

I own crypto!

Post by DevilsFan »

I've been researching a lot on cryptocurrency. I do believe, in the near future, we will be going to this over fiat currency. Imagine being able to pay bills and buy stuff without the taxes or the middle man. Some big names are accepting Bitcoin as payment now - Mastercard, Tesla, even Amazon!

Although there's still a ton to learn I'm getting a much better understanding of the blockchains and how they work.

So far, the Fed has been unable to infiltrate. Many bad news stories and very negative publicity from the MSM. Yet, look at the trends. Even after a rough weekend Bitcoin, for example, is still much higher than it's ever been!

I decided on buying some Litecoin. (Cheap yet appears one of the most promising newer crypto's.) Was watching the numbers this evening go down. Sat on it for a while ready to pull the trigger on some more if it got below $218. It was allllllmooooost there and then - BAM! It started shooting right back up. :hellfire: And I do own $5 worth of Bitcoin for joining Coinbase.com (or...0.00009079% of a full Botcoin! :lmao: )

Anyway, I have a hard wallet and feel very confident this should pan out to be something good. If you haven't already start reading as much as you can about it. It can't be regulated by the Fed. (Wonder why they hate it so bad?!?!)

Anyone else into the cryptocurrencies?
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Re: I own crypto!

Post by HARRIS »

AIN'T IT ODD THAT TO GET SOMETHING MADE OUTA THIN AIR, THEY WANT REAL MONEY IN EXCHANGE ....?
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

HARRIS wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:33 am
AIN'T IT ODD THAT TO GET SOMETHING MADE OUTA THIN AIR, THEY WANT REAL MONEY IN EXCHANGE ....?
The Fed has been doing that for decades and it doesn't seem to bother anybody. :soda:

I wish I had bought my Bitcoin when I could have gotten it for $10 a coin. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:00 am

The Fed has been doing that for decades and it doesn't seem to bother anybody. :soda:

I wish I had bought my Bitcoin when I could have gotten it for $10 a coin. :bonk:

I had some people I worked with when all of this cryptocurrency "stuff" started coming alive. They were investing heavily in it. They kept telling me to get in on it but, like most, I thought it was a scam. I have no idea where my old business peers are now but I'm betting they're doing just fine in life!

Heck, even at $100...or $1,000 I should have jumped on Bitcoin. :bonk:

Blacktop, go to any of the websites (Coinbase, Coinmama, etc...) and look at the many different cryptocurrencies that are out there. Research each one and grab a few dollars worth.

The last few weeks Dogecoin was being highly talked about. It's at $0.24 right now! Chainlink is at $33.45. And I'm also eyeing Aave at $346, which is a lending/borrowing cryptocurrency.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

If you can't hold it in your hand, what do you do when the dealers evaporate?
I've been mining my own crypto. My computer is running extremely hot and my power bill is over $1000 a month.
I keep it in a box under my bed.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

navigator wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:29 am
If you can't hold it in your hand, what do you do when the dealers evaporate?
I've been mining my own crypto. My computer is running extremely hot and my power bill is over $1000 a month.
I keep it in a box under my bed.
As a newbie I haven't approached the mining part of it yet. That's why I'm looking at the Aave. You earn by keeping your "money" in the blockchain as other borrow. When the values start to decline start buying the Aave as many will be borrowing to buy more of whatever else. Then, when the values start coming back up (and I have all the confidence they will continue to do so) then my Aave account will increase exponentially!

***JUST IN - Turkey blocks bank accounts of cryptocurrency platform #Vebitcoin on late Friday. On Thursday, an investigation into another cryptocurrency platform, Thodex, was launched and 62 suspects were arrested. - DiscloseTV

And look what China is doing, "allowing" the people to decide if they want to continue with fiat currency or crypto! :lmao: The Chinese people are jumping at having crypto!

I'm telling you, these central banks are fighting crypto HARD!!! Wonder why?!?! :hat:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I'll tell you what scares me the most about this cryto/online money is how do I get my money or prove that it is mine when the internet or my computer hard drive crashes and it will most likely crash when I need it the most. I knew a guy that had over 10,000 bitcoins and his laptop hard drive crashed and there was no way to get the information he had on it. He took it to an expert to see what he could do and the expert said all he could find out was the crash was most likely caused by a virus that wiped the hd data clean three times leaving nothing on the hd. That sounds like something Hillary did to her 30,000 emails. :lolfall:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:28 pm
I'll tell you what scares me the most about this cryto/online money is how do I get my money or prove that it is mine when the internet or my computer hard drive crashes and it will most likely crash when I need it the most. I knew a guy that had over 10,000 bitcoins and his laptop hard drive crashed and there was no way to get the information he had on it. He took it to an expert to see what he could do and the expert said all he could find out was the crash was most likely caused by a virus that wiped the hd data clean three times leaving nothing on the hd. That sounds like something Hillary did to her 30,000 emails. :lolfall:
Not saying your buddy is lying...but that's not the way crypto works, for the most part.

I'm on Coinbase.com. I have a portfolio with some of my cryptocurrencies in there. I also put some on my hard wallet. Coinbase is currently the most secure website for cryptocurrency. They're also a little pricey for transactions. It's not that bad but I believe 7% is what I paid.

Basically, when you purchase crypto, depending on the amount, you will receive a "code" that no one else can hack, they can't steal it and without specific passwords and passcodes they cannot get to it! That "code" determines the amount. No one else can see your code(s). Even when you transfer your crypto, say, to buy something you get an address to send it to wherever you're going to send it. Even though the receiving party has that address (and that address is never used again, for you or anyone else) when you send your crypto it goes to another part of the blockchain before being sent to that address. It's almost as if there's a "cloud" middleman that no one can see. (I know, very confusing right? I can't explain it as well as others.)

Has crypto been hacked? Nope! Has the websites that hold your crypto been hacked? Yes. (If this makes any sense.)

Everything I've read and watched says that the worst way to store cryptocurrency is on your computer or your cell phone. (like a computer "wallet"). Also, there's a bunch of websites that are not as secure as Coinbase. And then you have the websites that are, basically, scamming "brokers" that have high fees and are very unsecure. (Do your research!)

The Trezor 1 hard wallet I have requires access to the Trezor website, then a code to turn on the wallet. (It's a number password that YOU create. And every time you plug in your Trezor to your computer the number pad will display...and all of the single digits are in a different order, and it changes every time you turn on your hard wallet. Also, should I ever lose my hard wallet (it's about the size of a key fob) then, so long as I have the 24-word code, I can get all of my crypto back safely.

Hypothetically, if everyone went to crypto...the banks would crash! I mean become non-existent. I know that's not going to happen but I really do believe this will be the new currency most will use. It's change, and something like fiat currency that's been around for centuries is hard to let go of. But the more you understand crypto, the more it makes some much more sense to use. Everything is so easy, there's no middleman, it's secure if you use the correct tools and the money we would no longer pay in "user fees", etc. would add up.

Think of it this way. For example, when you buy a car there's surcharges, license fees, dealers fees, etc. Imagine buying a car with crypto and all you have to pay is the few dollars for the website fees.

And again, as far as security well...how many times has your credit card been hacked? How many times has someone stolen your money (or the banks)? So far, crypto has a lot better track record of keeping secure than fiat currency has.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

I signed up with this website. They have excellent videos that explain cryptocurrency so much better than I can! And the layman starts to understand it better.
Every Tuesday I get a new video, they call it "White Board Tuesday" and it explains something new.

https://99bitcoins.com/

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

All I know is that at one time you were the keeper of your money on your own computer. They might have changed it because so many people lost access to their money for one reason or another. Hell I even had one coin of some kind but at the time it wasn't worth a lot so I just forgot about it and forgot on which laptop it was stored. Of course I wouldn't be able to get to it as all my other laptops are no longer working. :bang: I want to say it as a litecoin, but I can't be 100% sure. Hell, I can't even remember when I bought it and for how much? :dunno: All I remember is I had a wallet of some kind I kept the coin data in. But the fact I remember a coin that started with the letter E makes me think I could be wrong. :Umm:

Okay, I'll check it out.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

BUT... THE BIG BUT

SMARTER AND TOUGHER PEOPLE HAVE HAD THEIR IMPENETRABLE WEBSITES COMPROMISED, AND THEY HAD BEAUCOUP SECURITY PROTOCOLS.

AND WITH ALL THOSE FUNDS, UNTRACEABLE, THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH AT STAKE TO TRUST THE INTERNET

AS IT HAS BEEN SAID, " A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE EASILY SEPARATED " ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

I was just on Coinbase. I bought some Aave.

I also took three tutorials, earning me $6 in Stellar Lumens, $10 in Celo and $6 in Compound! All you have to do is watch and learn from the 3-4, one-minute videos, answer an easy question and...BAM!!!

So as you learn...you earn!

Harris, have banks got hacked? Yep! Data breaches, money stolen... So the same thing that's already happened to banks is your fear of crypto. I get it, I'm still new to all of this. But the more I learn, the more comfortable I feel with this. All I suggest is to educate yourself on cryptocurrencies. Learn as much as you can and you may just like it!

Take Compound, for example. I just learned (and earned) about it. Basically, people can put their crypto into COMP and earn interest as others borrow. You can always pull your crypto out if you want it back. But imagine this...you need a loan. You go to a bank, go through a credit app, pay pretty high interest rates on the loan. Or....you go to COMP, you can pull up to 75% of your total crypto assets, no credit app and...a 0.00001% interest rate!!! Also, COMP has the ability to insure "investors" will not lose their money as more of the blockchain is opened. No one person controls COMP but investors have the ability to vote on people to "steer" the blockchains.

Stellar Lumens...a simple app that allows you to pay for products/services and transfer money globally. It can convert USD to Yuans, for example, in 2-5 seconds!!! Again, the cost to transfer funds is 0.0001%, as opposed to, what when you use banks or Western union - 5%???

Again, as more and more business accept crypto as payment it is simply replacing the fiat currency in your pocketbook/wallet with computer numbers.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

If the Biden tax plan is executive ordered in then the stock market is going to take a major hit. (Trust me, they want this to happen for the Great Reset.)

What will happen to cryptocurrency? Watch! :ShitGrin: This is why the central banks hate crypto...they cannot control it! But the banks control the stock market, don't think otherwise. They always have. Look at what the banks did when the Game Stop stock cut the hedge funds. The central bank shut it sown. Why? Because "their people" were getting their asses handed to them by the layman. Crypto works the same way.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/102 ... medium=rss

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Here's another good article that explains the blockchains:

https://www.coinbase.com/learn/crypto-b ... om=for_you

"Due to the cryptographic nature of these networks, payments via blockchain can be more secure than standard debit/credit card transactions. When making a Bitcoin payment, for instance, you don’t need to provide any sensitive information. That means there is almost zero risk of your financial information being compromised, or your identity being stolen."

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Don't bet it can't be taxed. You might want to read up on federal tax information for 2020. I am pretty sure it requires reporting.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:36 pm
Don't bet it can't be taxed. You might want to read up on federal tax information for 2020. I am pretty sure it requires reporting.
Not if you trade between two people. There are plenty of people that own crypto that will sell it to you. When that happens there is nothing to claim, especially if you keep it on a hard wallet.

Keeping a Coinbase, Binance, etc. wallet then, yes, you will have to report any earning on your taxes. Currently it's a pretty high earning before you pay any taxes.

By using a website to store your bitcoin is susceptible to getting taxed as the websites themselves have to pay taxes. And Coinbase has just entered on the stock exchange.

bassman
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by bassman »

I look forward to the day the giant Ponzi scheme of bit-currency crashes and all those using it to make gains on paper and not pay taxes are joining the rest of them in a new tent city on some California street Right of Way. To me it stinks of a house of cards where when they run out of people putting in then there's nothing to take out. You can be sure some people are becoming the next millionaires with these schemes but it ain't the guy punching the time clock at work.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

bassman wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:17 pm
I look forward to the day the giant Ponzi scheme of bit-currency crashes and all those using it to make gains on paper and not pay taxes are joining the rest of them in a new tent city on some California street Right of Way. To me it stinks of a house of cards where when they run out of people putting in then there's nothing to take out. You can be sure some people are becoming the next millionaires with these schemes but it ain't the guy punching the time clock at work.
Yeah...and thank goodness there's never been ponzi schemes using fiat currency!

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:35 am
bassman wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:17 pm
Yeah...and thank goodness there's never been ponzi schemes using fiat currency!
:funnylast: :funnylast:
-DBTO

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

XRP.......Ripple seems like the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bradboomboom

I am not a financial advisor, you have to make your own choices.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.