Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: I own crypto!

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:53 am
Anything can be used for trade. I have traded a car for a motorcycle, an old pickup for guns, work for food or gas. Cash money just makes the trading more convient and easier.
crypto increases the dificulty of a trade over cash. Cash is in my pocket and I hand it to the other person for an item.
crypto I have to use some type of computer system to keep track of it and spend it.
I want cash in hand, not in some electronic wallet.

BTW, you say there is only 21 billion in bitcoin, how do you know that??? Why is it not possible for someone to invent more out of thin air. It would be impossible for the average person to know.
I’m 80. As a kid I used to hear the term “cash on the barrelhead”, a saying that was used by my elders and largely in rural areas. It goes as I recall… at the front of each general store you might see a barrel, a pickle barrel, that was closed. You wanted a pickle, you placed your coin on the cover, the barrel head, then the store keep would open the barrel and retrieve your pickle. Damned good business practice and still used today even if known by different terms. Now, two things…

First, there are transactions made where the buyer wants to see cold hard cash and I see that as always existing. Ferinstance, you are in a rural area where the power is down but you need to buy food and the proprietor needs to do business and cash is the only alternative.

Second, and nefariously, I see the likelihood of underground paper currency being printed for use and widely disseminated by those who don’t wish their transactions traced, sometimes with disastrous results. Criminal organizations, sometimes even within governments, are powerful.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I heard the "cash on the barrelhead" story differently. It was because in the old days they used barrels with a board across them for counters in bars... Still means the same thing...

Thre are too many of us that don't trust the digital world or the government enough to want to use a digital currency. we will find away around it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

I got a motorcycle for my wife, good trade.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:38 am
I heard the "cash on the barrelhead" story differently. It was because in the old days they used barrels with a board across them for counters in bars... Still means the same thing...

Thre are too many of us that don't trust the digital world or the government enough to want to use a digital currency. we will find away around it.
Yes. The term probably had broad meaning and could apply to various types of businesses and different regions where barrels existed prominently. Uncle Lou’s personal recollection was the store where local folks hung out and ate occasional pickles! Like you said, it always meant the same thing.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

RoadKing wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:09 am

Well, perhaps that holds true for you as well!! Nobody gives one shit about you owning crypto. You ever think of that? Hey? Why the animus? A Harley guy piss in your Fruity Pebbles this morn? Or are you suffering from a crypto derangement syndrome?
Oh, yeah, I see you left out all the salient stuff I said to you. Figures.
Pax, amigo.

Then stay off my thread. Why is that so difficult?
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

DevilsFan wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:34 pm
RoadKing wrote:

Well, perhaps that holds true for you as well!! Nobody gives one shit about you owning crypto. You ever think of that? Hey? Why the animus? A Harley guy piss in your Fruity Pebbles this morn? Or are you suffering from a crypto derangement syndrome?
Pax, amigo.

YOUR THREAD??? WHAT THE FUCK DUDE???
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
RoadKing wrote:

Pax, amigo.

It would seem you’d want as much clear thought as possible to this discussion. Much needed.
Signifying nothing”

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Herb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:56 pm
DevilsFan wrote:
RoadKing wrote:

Pax, amigo.

YOUR THREAD??? WHAT THE FUCK DUDE???
Last time I checked, I started this thread. So, yep!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

RoadKing wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:56 pm

It would seem you’d want as much clear thought as possible to this discussion. Much needed.
[/quote]

Which is welcomed...until you become a complete and utter dickhead about it.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 6:35 pm
RoadKing wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:56 pm

Which is welcomed...until you become a complete and utter dickhead about it.
At no time this thread have I presented anything but well thought out constant disagreement to the seeming value that you obsess concerning digital currency. And others disagree with you as well, DF. Why do you not react so passionately to them? I offer logical opposition, asking valid questions, and your only response is to tell me to not participate on YOUR thread because I’m a dickhead? For the longest time you have addressed me as tho I am a villainous lying threat, I am nothing of the sort.

You accurately point out the wrong that is perpetrated by central government and banks, jump in their shit! But no, you use their wrong doing to justify your digital obsession! They are the bad guys, not me.
Signifying nothing”

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

RoadKing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:33 pm

At no time this thread have I presented anything but well thought out constant disagreement to the seeming value that you obsess concerning digital currency. And others disagree with you as well, DF. Why do you not react so passionately to them? I offer logical opposition, asking valid questions, and your only response is to tell me to not participate on YOUR thread because I’m a dickhead? For the longest time you have addressed me as tho I am a villainous lying threat, I am nothing of the sort.

Really??? Wow.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

I own a 1943 steel penny. It’s worth about two cents, if yer askin.
Signifying nothing”

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Oh, no!!!! They're freezing my bitcoin!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

New York City Freezes Deposits at Two Major Banks After Failing to Implement City’s ‘Woke’ Agenda

https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/new-yo ... um=twitter

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

The 3-Month Treasury Bill yield has moved up to 5.40%, its highest level since January 2001. A year ago it was at 1.03% and two years ago it was at 0.01%.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

All that means is that our borrowing costs have gone up, emmensely...

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

Herb wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 4:37 pm
All that means is that our borrowing costs have gone up, emmensely...
In which, the American taxpayer has to pay back the high fees.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

What happens when it hits zero???

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:43 pm
Your Bitcoin will be worthless.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:09 pm
DevilsFan wrote:
Nope! Because, while all of us bitcoin holders have it to trade, you and your fiat-is-God peeps will have money to (literally) burn!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:58 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:09 pm
DevilsFan wrote:
Nope! Because, while all of us bitcoin holders have it to trade, you and your fiat-is-God peeps will have money to (literally) burn!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Amazing how you can think that if the dollar goes totally belly up that your crypto-currency will still have worth.

Just amazing.