ADD WHAT YOU LIKE THREAD

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: ADD WHAT YOU LIKE THREAD

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Well it's justa bout my bedtime folks... so I'm gonna sign off for now.but I will see you'll in the morning....if the Good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise [emoji106]
Supposed to be nice tomorrow ..gonna ride for sure...

Good night Folks
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Good night Johnny, hope you have a nice ride tomorrow. [emoji106]
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

It's gonna be a chilly ride today but ride I will.....the cold front blew through early this morning and the wind is whuppin' the trees of their last leaves....39* and wind gusts up to 20 mph...Gonna dress in layers for this ride.

Have a Good day John and everyone else too [emoji106]
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Much nicer here today, blue skies and temps in the mid 50s. Suppose to be in the 70* area on Wed. and the weekend. :rag:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Yup, typical...I'm looking out the windows and...yup, it's raining. Again.

:fubird: :fubird:
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

MadCow wrote:Yup, typical...I'm looking out the windows and...yup, it's raining. Again.

:fubird: :fubird:
Bummer Mike, I feel for ya. It's turning cold here again. :sad:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Perfect riding weather over here, getting too hot to wear denim long sleeved shirts though.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Lechy wrote:Perfect riding weather over here, getting too hot to wear denim long sleeved shirts though.
[emoji41]

:fu: :fu: :fu:

:lmao:
-DBTO

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Sorry.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:funnylast: I wish I had the guts to do what that guy from England did a few years back. He rode a postie (110 cc ? ) bike from Australia to England. Image I followed his adventures on the ADV board and even got an autographed book from him. He was one crazy dude for making that trip. :o

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Musta been a cold ride riding across the Indian Ocean... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: JK John

All it takes is a bunch of cash and a whole lot of Mojo....

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Musta been a cold ride riding across the Indian Ocean... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: JK John

All it takes is a bunch of cash and a whole lot of Mojo....
Ok, but he didn't have either of those. Sure he had a couple of credit cards and a little cash money, but nothing that even comes close to what it would take to fund a crossing like that. You have to have vehicle insurance and visas and God knows what else just to go from one country to the next. He would wait days or weeks for a visa to cross a country. Sure he got to see that water festival Lechy showed and countless other festivals, but he also got the crap scared out of him at every border crossing. He saw young ladies that had to do things to border guards nobody should have to do to cross a country. To put it plainly, he was naive about the whole thing but he did it anyway. :bang:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

He should have done his homework and checked everything out before embarking on an excursion like that.... Just like we do when we are planning on crossing state lines you always check to see if it's a helmet state and what the laws are concerning CC.

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Hey John, I was just reading an epic around the world journey by this couple on Adventure Riders. They didn't come across quite as bad of border crossings as you mentioned but they did have quite a few, what should we call them, inconsistencies. :lmao: What seemed to really help them was the wife was fluent in spanish and could cut through a lot of crap & I don't mean just the officials. There was a lot of delays of various type etc encountered during their trip. Some of it was just plain poor planning on their part and they stated as much. What really shocked me was they just sold all of their possessions, liquidated all other assets and took off. Quite a brave couple.

:rag:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Suzuki Johnny wrote:He should have done his homework and checked everything out before embarking on an excursion like that.... Just like we do when we are planning on crossing state lines you always check to see if it's a helmet state and what the laws are concerning CC.
He didn't have time to check this shit out, there was no planning. :bang: He was given 2 weeks to get out of Australia as he was there on a visa. For days he and his girlfriend talked about what he was going to do and they came up with the idea that this would be a good time for him to do his dream of traveling by motorbike. So that is what happened. `

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Spitfire wrote:Hey John, I was just reading an epic around the world journey by this couple on Adventure Riders. They didn't come across quite as bad of border crossings as you mentioned but they did have quite a few, what should we call them, inconsistencies. :lmao: What seemed to really help them was the wife was fluent in spanish and could cut through a lot of crap & I don't mean just the officials. There was a lot of delays of various type etc encountered during their trip. Some of it was just plain poor planning on their part and they stated as much. What really shocked me was they just sold all of their possessions, liquidated all other assets and took off. Quite a brave couple.

:rag:
Yep, he said he met a few people on his travels that were also doing the world thing on bikes. There were also a couple on ADV that were traveling around on bikes and posting to the site their travels. But since his was such a sudden thing people were really wanting to see him complete it.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Somethings to think about before you head out for the unknown...

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Well I know one thing.....I gots this leftover, Bacon, Jack cheese, Jalapeno Omelet + hash browns and a slice a toast that I brought home for my nighty munchie an' it gonna be goooood! [emoji106] [emoji41]

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

After downing two margarita's I had baked potato and jumbo fried shrimp and some left over shrimp gumbo last night..
Life is good in Cajun Land :cheers:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Another good day in the home country....
Time for beddy bye

Hope to See all you'll in the morning.. [emoji106]