ADD WHAT YOU LIKE THREAD

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: ADD WHAT YOU LIKE THREAD

Post by Herb »

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I have an older mortage, at a low interest rate and because I am retired I still struggle so this explanation sucks. The fact is that prices have risen MUCH faster than most peoples income.

The cost of used cars have gone way up along with the cost to borrow money for it.

4 years ago one of my grandaughters bought a used car while she got good service out of it the thing is pretty well shot and needs a lot of work (read MONEY). She is looking for another car. In todays used car market a vehicle with about the same mileage as her old one had when she bought is more than twice the cost and along with the increase in interest, it is getting really hard to find a good one at a price she can afford.

Keep in mind that in the 70's all interest was also deductable on taxes along with even job specific clothing costs.

https://www.nysun.com/article/americans ... 2024-03-29

...For months now, Americans have been told that inflation’s downward trend, to around 3 percent from almost 9 percent annually, should make them feel good about the economy. Yet it isn’t working. A recent Gallup poll found that 63 percent say the state of the economy is getting worse and 45 percent think it’s already “poor.”

One reason, many have speculated, is that while the rate at which prices are rising might have slowed considerably, prices remain very high. Food and rent in particular are still expensive. These prices are felt everyday by Americans when they pay for their housing and go to the supermarket.

Only that’s not all. A new study from the National Bureau of Economic Research by economists Marijn Bolhuis, Judd Cramer, Karl Schulz, and Larry Summers finds that a change in the method used to estimate inflation today, compared to the method used in the 1980s, might well cause an underestimation of the true level of inflation.

The paper — “The Cost of Money Is Part of the Cost of Living” — highlights the overlooked impact of the highest borrowing costs consumers have faced in decades. From mortgages to car loans to credit-card debt, those costs are up.

As the authors explain, the pre-1983 measure of inflation — the Consumer Price Index — counted the price and interest rate Americans paid to buy housing. The newer measure is based on what it costs to rent housing.

Another way to think about it is if you buy a house this month, the monthly payments will be much higher than if you bought one three years ago. The same is true of a car or other purchase. Yet measuring inflation based on rental costs, which may not incorporate the sky-high interest rates of a new purchase — doesn’t reflect that difference.

As Mr. Summers, who was the Treasury Secretary under President Clinton, noted on X, formerly Twitter, “Pre-1983, mortgage costs were in the CPI as were car payments pre-1998. Now, price indexes do not include borrowing costs. Thus, when interest rates jumped last year, official inflation did not fully capture the effects it would have on consumer well-being.”

Indeed, if we measured inflation as we did in the 1970s, the inflation that started in 2021 would have peaked at 18 percent — double its reported peak. That’s higher than the worst of the 1970 and 1980s. Inflation’s current annual rate would be about 8 percent....

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

This is just a little more about cost of living between the 70's and today.

https://www.ssa.gov/history/taxationofbenefits.html

Since a pair of 1938 Treasury Department Tax Rulings, and another in 1941, Social Security benefits have been explicitly excluded from federal income taxation. (A revision was issued in 1970, but it made no changes in the existing policy.) This changed for the first time with the passage of the 1983 Amendments to the Social Security Act. Beginning in 1984, a portion of Social Security benefits have been subject to federal income taxes....

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

When I was living in Santee I used to love going to Ocean Beach. The resturants, shops and bars were so cool.

The guy that did this has a history of felonies and was (and probably still is) still on the streets. When Ca passed the 3 strikes law it cleaned up a lot of problems, doing away with it was a huge mistake.

https://dougbillings.us/2024/03/video-c ... is-father/

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

KpAuto89 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:41 am
My bad for stealing op original thread but I need some help you guys! 99 suzi lc1500.
Is there any way to put a 21" spoke on our bikes without fabrication??
I've scoured the web-google-delphi-intruder alert and have found nothing.. all info welcome!! Thanks
You may want to post this as a new thread here, viewforum.php?f=14
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I thought about posting this in the Humor thread... It is funny, in a sad sort of way.

https://dougbillings.us/2024/03/new-yor ... valuation/

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you

stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

------------------------------------------

The older we get, the fewer things seem

worth waiting in line for

------------------------------------------

Some people try to turn back their odometers.

Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.

I've traveled a long way and some of the

roads weren't paved.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

A husband emerged from the bathroom naked and was climbing into bed when his wife complained, as usual, "I have a headache!"
"Perfect," her husband said. "I was in the bathroom powdering my penis with aspirin. You can take it orally or as a suppository, it's up to you!"
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

https://rightnewswire.com/country-star- ... nw#gf_1499

Country star John Rich issued a dire warning about what wokeness is doing to Nashville

...John Rich warns that country artists are losing their creative freedom...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Anyone else having trouble getting on the site?

This morning I had trouble and again this afternoon. I kept getting the following message.

"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User 'k8Q8vF3K2o9lA46' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 300000) [1226]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists."

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Hi Herb, Yes, I have had this screen appear off-and-on in the last several days.

Somehow, it corrects itself, so I have said nothing.....because that might be construed as negative. :dunno:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:23 am
Hi Herb, Yes, I have had this screen appear off-and-on in the last several days.

Somehow, it corrects itself, so I have said nothing.....because that might be construed as negative. :dunno:
I wasn't sure if it was on my end or not. I have been having a lot of trouble with my old computer.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Hey Herb,...Are you still getting the occasional .."General Error"..code? I am.

is anyone else seeing this also?

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

azazelakira
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: VS1400 2002

Post by azazelakira »

I am getting it several times a day
More RPMs please :putput:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

azazelakira wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:07 pm
You wife must be quite happy, eh? :jester:

:ShitGrin:

(just pullin' your leg there, bro) :bow:

azazelakira
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: VS1400 2002

Post by azazelakira »

Designer wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:13 pm
azazelakira wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:07 pm
You wife must be quite happy, eh? :jester:

:ShitGrin:

(just pullin' your leg there, bro) :bow:
Most of the time, sometimes I can be a pain in the ass too! :evil:
More RPMs please :putput:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Haven't got one of these today (touch wood), but have done randomly for the past week or so...

That guy needs to stop asking so many questions :lmao:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm having the same log on problems with the error screen..

No biggie..must be a glitch Has Joe been accessing the site? :lmao: