Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: renewable energy

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:55 pm
The house situated in a N/S way means that for almost half a day each side of my roof is mostly out of the sun. For the best use of solar panels the slope of the roof needs to face south. This is especially true in the winter with the shorter days.
Quite correct there, Herb. :space: That south facing roof slope is A Fact that I mentioned that is probably The Most Important Design Criteria for a Roof Top installation. What dismays me, is The Fact that I have seen many examples of Roof Top installations in all sorts of such IN-efficient Compass-orientations as your N/S house you say,....I even posted The Fact of seeing The Worst Possible,...that of being North roof slope!

Installations performed in such obviously mistaken/wrongful orientation's is one of the several aspects of the current renewable energy "program" (if you will)...... that renders it to be SO fault-prone and so often, ....a Rip-off,...not only to the Customer, but to the Tax--paying citizens who are being forced to subsidize all this.

Your well-stated message was a nice addition that reinforced these Already Stated Facts made in this discussion.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:57 pm
Herb wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:55 pm
The house situated in a N/S way means that for almost half a day each side of my roof is mostly out of the sun. For the best use of solar panels the slope of the roof needs to face south. This is especially true in the winter with the shorter days.
Quite correct there, Herb. :space: That south facing roof slope is A Fact that I mentioned that is probably The Most Important Design Criteria for a Roof Top installation. What dismays me, is The Fact that I have seen many examples of Roof Top installations in all sorts of such IN-efficient Compass-orientations as your N/S house you say,....I even posted The Fact of seeing The Worst Possible,...that of being North roof slope!

Installations performed in such obviously mistaken/wrongful orientation's is one of the several aspects of the current renewable energy "program" (if you will)...... that renders it to be SO fault-prone and so often, ....a Rip-off,...not only to the Customer, but to the Tax--paying citizens who are being forced to subsidize all this.

Your well-stated message was a nice addition that reinforced these Already Stated Facts made in this discussion.

You can't blame the "renewable energy program" for people buying systems not suitable for their homes. You have to do some homework before you shell out for a solar system.

If a company is happy to sell you a system that is not suitable then that is an issue with that particular company, not the rebate / subsidy system.

Unless of course you just want to blame the government for everything.... :uhh:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Seems there are those who still are not getting it. :space: This is not about whether solar panels "work" or not. :space: They do "work",...but,...on a LIMITED applicational Efficiency/Power Output/Payback/Environmental And Ecological Impact basis.

So let's cut it with the Side-show, Straw Man Argument(s) and get back to the Broader, More Wider Viewpoints of Factual, Real-world aspects of this issue.

The major reasoning behind the drive toward this "renewable energy program" (solar, wind technology) is the claim that human carbon emissions are causing climate change. :space: You hear about that "claim" as justification virtually every time these two are mentioned.

And that basis is a lie.

That subject matter is WELL covered in this thread;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9343

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

So why start another thread about the same crap when you already have the other waste of bandwidth?

Solar works REALLY WELL over here - mainly because we have sunshine for like 300 days a year.

And its only limited by the amount of equipment you want / can afford to use. Use enough batteries and panels and you will have more than enough electricity at all times of the day.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:35 am
So why start another thread about the same crap when you already have the other waste of bandwidth?
Sad,....Here we all see a failure to understand that,...Climate Change is a different subject than Renewable Energy.

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:35 am
Solar works REALLY WELL over here - mainly because we have sunshine for like 300 days a year. And its only limited by the amount of equipment you want / can afford to use. Use enough batteries and panels and you will have more than enough electricity at all times of the day.
With this,...we see hillsy's continued lack of understanding as he reverts back to the Straw Man Arguments,...again.
After all,....it was Cleary and Concisely told him:
Designer wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:06 am
Seems there are those who still are not getting it. :space: This is not about whether solar panels "work" or not. :space: They do "work",...but,...on a LIMITED applicational Efficiency/Power Output/Payback/Environmental And Ecological Impact basis.

So let's cut it with the Side-show, Straw Man Argument(s) and get back to the Broader, More Wider Viewpoints of Factual, Real-world aspects of this issue.

Apparently all he can see is his narrowly-focused small-sized example of his country. :space: Which Clearly is lacking in......" the Broader, More Wider Viewpoints of Factual, Real-world aspects of this issue.".....he seems to not want to acknowledge was told him.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

The very first post in this thread was about a guy who bought a solar system that "didn't work".....yet somehow this thread is now not about that?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:04 am
The very first post in this thread was about a guy who bought a solar system that "didn't work".....yet somehow this thread is now not about that?
The First message was about how THE COMPANY who installed them was at fault,...over promising and underdelivering. :space: Before you spout off on this again,....do us all a favor,....go back and READ what the homeowners said about the AMOUNT of electricity their panels DID put out. :space: THAT is the issue.

Go to bed hillsy. :space: You must need ALOT of rest since you cannot SEE THAT,...and what I said to you;
Designer wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:56 am
With this,...we see hillsy continued lack of understanding as he reverts back to the Straw Man Arguments,...again. ;space: After all,....it was Cleary and Concisely told him:
Designer wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:06 am

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Okay I guess I am done with this post. Maybe if the intent of a post is to start a shit stirring name calling insult session, that should be in the title? Had I known that was the intent I would not have wasted my time.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Y'all are aware that there really is NO fossil fuel problem, right?!?! Major, highly-publicized scientists have come out PROVING this.

Control the money...control the energy...control the people.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:18 am
Okay I guess I am done with this post. Maybe if the intent of a post is to start a shit stirring name calling insult session, that should be in the title? Had I known that was the intent I would not have wasted my time.
There's no "name calling". :space: But you just go ahead to do what you want! :dunno:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:47 am
Y'all are aware that there really is NO fossil fuel problem, right?!?! Major, highly-publicized scientists have come out PROVING this.

Control the money...control the energy...control the people.
How is having access to fossil fuels any more "free" than buying solar panels and batteries and living off-grid? I'd think that's more of an uncontrollable freedom right there.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Installing solar panels is very expensive for the average Joe and Jane on the street or in the countryside...
The batteries to store that valuable energy costs just as much if not more than the actual installation of the solar panels..

But Kudo's to the ones that can afford such a luxury!

Cost of installing enough solar panels to run my home would run about 20 grand,

battery storage would be about the same costs at 18 grand

To recoup those actual costs would take at least 18 years for the system to pay for itself.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:20 pm
DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:47 am
Y'all are aware that there really is NO fossil fuel problem, right?!?! Major, highly-publicized scientists have come out PROVING this. Control the money...control the energy...control the people.
How is having access to fossil fuels any more "free" than buying solar panels and batteries and living off-grid? I'd think that's more of an uncontrollable freedom right there.
Again we see hillsy putting words into the mouths of others ...(which is TO LIE).... and then attacking them with that LIE.

Let's finish off this crap right now. :Umm:

hillsy,...show us all where DevilsFan said ANYTHING about ANYTHING being ... "free".

:popcorn:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:18 am
Looks like you were right again.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: What a sadly pathetic attempt to evade facing what I asked of him. :uhh:

hillsy,...I asked you politely and in civil manner,........where did DevilsFan say ANYTHING about..."free"......that directly imply he did?

We who read this Thread are waiting for you act as does An Adult,....and show us all where he did. :Umm:

:popcorn:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

There's no "name calling". :space: But you just go ahead to do what you want! :dunno:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I don't like the windmills, partly because of what hapens to the birds. That said, they should not be held accountable for the bird deaths. Government officials not only issued permits for the windmills they actually pushed for their construction. Federal, state and county governments are the ones that should be held accountable for the problem.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:09 pm
I don't like the windmills, partly because of what happens to the birds. That said, they should not be held accountable for the bird deaths. Government officials not only issued permits for the windmills they actually pushed for their construction. Federal, state and county governments are the ones that should be held accountable for the problem.
Much agreed, Herb. :space: I will be posting more about the several other impacts these contraptions are perpetrating upcoming.

Funny how we see next-to-NOTHING but the "They-Are-Oh-So-Wonderful" propaganda that these hideous, visual-landscape-rape sucking things are.

Do you recall how the "environmentalists" were literally SCREAMING about the Spotted Owl?.....Yet,....Do you hear ANYTHING from them about our Eagles and others being CHOPPED UP ?

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

So this really is just another circle jerk of anti green bollocks.

I guess you guys score points for being consistent at least.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.