:lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: renewable energy

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:39 pm
Here in NV the eco nuts throw a fit if we ride a dirt bike across a section of desert that isn't specifically designated for riding HOWEVER there are thousands of acres covered with solar panels. They mostly hide them in folds of hills where they can't be easily seen by the public because it would show the eco nuts up for the crazy hypocritical nuts they are.
Hypocritical they are! There are many examples I have posted herein highlighting this from them. And how they are in Denial of the facts shown them that we are being told A LIE

On several of the News Sites I read there is almost always the comments section, and you would be amazed at the reactions I get from they who champion the environmental travesty of this so-called.."Clean Energy"...crap we are being fed.

I once read one of them saying,....." we have all these renewable energy sources we have been and can continue to use with little impact on anything.......So maybe we should utilize the harmless stuff more,...."

When he was show solid fact that .....no,....these renewables do NOT have "little impact on anything"....and, ARE NOT...."harmless stuff".
The blow back from his keyboard was enough to make a wind turbine spin for a week! :lmao: ( just joking there). :wink:

It was all deflection, strawman argument and chicken pecking though. Good for a laugh, but little else. :dunno:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Very Informative!

[YoutubeURL][/YoutubeURL]

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Still works the same even with renewables....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, show me where my assertions are wrong? You haven't shown anything in the post that doesn't prove exactly what I have stated, EVERYTHING has an ecological and environmental impact. All of them just as bad as the next, so EXACTLY how is wind and solar any different? It ISN'T!!!
So by all means if you have some VIABLE proof otherwise, I would definitely like to see that. HOWEVER posting up a copy/paste EDITORIAL isn't viable proof, it's just someone's conversation piece. Yes making solar requires manufacturing with all it's environmental damage, but so does car manufacturing, farming, etc....
So HOW is clean energy different????? That's a straight forward question that only has one answer, UNLESS the person answering is being hypocritical and/or chicken pecking.

PS... I believe that you are missing the meaning of clean energy. You might want to look into that.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb, you had mentioned herein the Thousands Of Acres of solar panels which are "hidden" in the desert. On an online discussion section from a Board I frequent, I posted pictures of what you mentioned,....and right away, the Renewable Moonies chirped... "no big deal".. because they are .."in the desert". Failing Completely to acknowledge that there is an ecosystem in the Deserts. When I showed them that,....they immediately deflected and said,...."so what, this is only a small part of the desert"

These same "people" advocate going 80-100% renewables..."as the answer" . Apparently they think like the guy who says,.. "we have all these renewable energy sources we have been and can continue to use with little impact on anything.......So maybe we should utilize the harmless stuff more,...."

You should have seen their heads explode when told that what was already there was providing only about 20% or so,...and that the Thousands Of Acres would need to be more than quadrupled to fit their delusion they worship.

All their mouth-diarrhea Chicken Pecking, Strawman Argument and Deflection would have filled PAGES. :uhh:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Sorry - too easy a target to let go....
Designer wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:32 am

All my mouth-diarrhea Chicken Pecking, Strawman Argument and Deflection have filled PAGES. :uhh:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

I think there are a couple problems with the direction this post took.
Number 1 there are multiple and different topics being debated. If you are going to talk about ecological and environmental impact on any technology you have to stick to just that.
Secondly there's a lot of confusion about what specific type of energy's are going to be discussed. While wind, water, solar do all fall under the renewable classification, mixing in other classifications, again skews the discussion. So it might benefit the discourse to pick one topic and stick to that classification?

In other words if you want to debate/discuss how solar panels aren't green energy? Well that's a fools argument because solar doesn't emit carbon, end of discussion.
However if you want to debate and discuss the environmental impact of solar panel manufacturing, or the environmental impact of solar farms that's a separate discussion. Just like the ecological impact on solar farms is a separate discussion.
In other words when you mix multiple different topics into a discussion like we see in this thread, it's because you don't have a good grasp of the differences, or you don't really know what you're talking about, or you are just plain throwing crap at the wall to see what stick, take your choice.
Regardless this like many online forum discussions will go on aimlessly for the aforementioned reasons. Dumb!!!!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Well golly, lets have 3 solar panel threads, Monocrystalline, Polycrystalline, or Thin-film....whoops, 3 types there, Amorphous silicon, Cadmium telluride, or Copper indium gallium selenide
How about another 4 for cleaning, repairs, maintenance, and battery type...whoops, battery type, there's 3 more.
Mindboggling.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

A sage POV there, Navigator. The Topic of .."green"....or... clean"...energy sources (whichever misnomer one chooses) can, and is, well handled in Posts within this Thread. :space: For it's easy for someone to choose any one of the so-called..... "renewable energy sources".....whose use were said have ..." little impact on anything.......So maybe we should utilize the harmless stuff more,...."

So let's side-step the strawman argument and get back to The Main Topic,...eh?

The Rape Of The Environment still goes on. :roll:

BLM’s new mission: Protect landscape in West’s ‘sea of solar’
By Scott Streater | 02/01/2024

PAHRUMP VALLEY, Nevada —“If everything is approved and built, this will be a sea of solar,” said Ransel, supervisory project manager for the Bureau of Land Management’s Southern Nevada District Energy and Infrastructure Team.

During a recent visit to the site, Emmerich, a former National Park Service ranger, and Cunningham, who trained as a wildlife biologist, walked among the Mojave yuccas and Parish club cholla on their would-be area of critical environmental concern, or ACEC.
Cunningham crouched down to inspect an unusual-looking cholla, and speculated that it might be a newly identified species of the cactus native to the Mojave Desert. She took photos and sent them to a biologist at the University of California, Riverside.

“This is exactly the kind of intact landscape they should be trying to save,” Cunningham said.

But there's virtually no way to build utility-scale solar without affecting large swaths of rangelands. BLM Director Tracy Stone-Manning said during a conference call to discuss the updated Western Solar Plan that the bureau analyzes about 5,000 acres for every 1,000 MW of expected solar-generated electricity.
"Renewable sources are less energy dense, so that means they take up more land. That just has an inevitable impact on land," said James Coleman, a professor of energy law at Southern Methodist University who specializes in environmental and energy regulation.

"We've all come to terms with the fact that climate change, adapting to and mitigating for climate change, is a super-wicked problem," Stokes said. "And with any problem of that magnitude, there are always trade-offs."

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Yeah - best to keep all the bullshit in one thread.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Like I said, throw crap at the wall and see what stick's :lmao:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Crap - forgot there's another bullshit thread already....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9343&start=480

:bang:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Moving beyond the ignorance posted herein;

Destroying the Environment in Order to Save It Biden Wants Less Space for Sea Life More Space for Wind Farms

BY LINCOLN BROWN SEPTEMBER 12, 2023

I know I am asking a rather ridiculous question here, but where are the environmentalists when you need them? Sure, they are there to object to the development of what may be the largest lithium deposit in the world in Nevada (which is really a nifty ingredient when making things like smartphones), but apparently, they are nowhere to be found when it comes to saving the whales or other marine life.

So, environmentalists: what gives guys? I’m old enough to remember when saving the whales was a major priority for the environmental movement. Are whales no longer trending on X, Instagram, or TikTok? Oh wait, that’s right, we’re talking about Joe Biden’s plan to add wind farms, so we’ll just put the whales on the back burner for now.

According to a piece in the Washington Free Beacon, the Biden administration is floating the plan (if you’ll pardon the pun) to place offshore wind farms along the coast of California. In 2015, the Northern Chumash tribal council nominated 7,600 square miles off the coast of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties in central California as the Chumash Heritage National Marine Sanctuary. A NOAA press release and request for public comment from last month reports that 5,617 square miles were being proposed for the sanctuary as part of the administration’s “America the Beautiful Initiative.” But the Big Guy still wants his cut.

Now the administration wants 29 miles of coastline and approximately 1,400 square miles of the proposed sanctuary for a wind energy project. As you may recall, on the country’s east coast, people have pointed to wind farm exploration activities as a potential culprit behind the deaths of whales. But it is amazing how quickly nature, tribal voices, and common sense can take a back seat to wind and solar projects, particularly when there is money involved.

The Free Beacon notes that one of the companies that would build wind farms in the area is Invenergy. That company’s founder and CEO, Michael Polsky has donated $400,000 to Democrats going back to 2016. So far in 2023, the company has spent $2.4 million lobbying Congress, the White House, and various federal agencies.

The Free Beacon reports that Polsky kicked in $72,000 to the House Democrats’ campaign committee in 2020 and 2022. He gave $35,000 to the DNC in 2016 when he also donated $75,000 to Hillary Clinton’s presidential run. Polsky himself did not donate to Biden’s 2020 campaign, but his employees saw fit to chip over $120,000. How generous. While Polsky has also made contributions to members of the GOP and Invenergy’s political campaign committee, $400,000 out of the $500,000 he has donated since 2016 has gone to Democrats.

And this story is “news” only in that it happened recently. Regular PJ Media readers may remember back in February when we told you about The Department of the Interior’s move to build a 2,600-acre solar farm in the Mojave Desert in California. This raised the ire of the Sierra Club, the California Wilderness Coalition, and local residents.

Construction was straining local water access and contributing to the dust problem, and it was also putting endangered plant and animal species at risk. Sheldon Kimber, the CEO of the company building the solar farm, Intersect Energy, donated $180,000 to Biden’s campaign and helped raise $3.2 million for the Big Guy, and his execs donated $413,000.

The Democrats’ naked avarice is on full display, but so is their genius. Environmentalists will still turn out to destroy the oil, gas, and coal industries, oblivious to the fact that Biden and the Democrats have been getting rich on wind and solar and will continue to do so, even as the bodies of whales and desert tortoises start to pile up.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

If freighters can hit bridge abutments, can the slalom windfarms??

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:21 am
Moving beyond the ignorance posted herein
You never seem to.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:25 am
If freighters can hit bridge abutments, can the slalom windfarms??Image
Hilarious!

I would like to the the video of one of them trying.

Those sucking shit-towers would go down like bowling pins!! :clap: :cheers: :rock:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Keeping on with the non-bullshit, Factually Correct reporting of this subject;

Dead Without Water’: Massive Desert Solar Projects Are Sucking Up Groundwater, Angering Locals
NICK POPE June 27, 2023

Massive solar development projects in Southern California have strained local water availability, threatening desert ecosystems and angering residents who have been impacted by the strain on the water supply, according to an Inside Climate News report.

The small communities around Desert Center, California, depend on naturally-occurring underground water reserves, known as groundwater aquifers, but the water-intensive development process for large solar projects has caused groundwater levels to fall, according to Inside Climate News. Crucial local water wells have dried up and land beneath homes has sagged as a result of development activity, while desert ecosystems have been damaged as well, according to Inside Climate News.

Locals complain that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the corporations driving the developments in California’s Colorado Desert have not allowed them to provide sufficient input in the decision-making process for the developments, according to Inside Climate News. Despite the BLM’s assurances that “renewable energy development on BLM-managed public lands will continue to help communities across the country be part of the climate solution, while creating jobs and boosting local economies,” residents say that they have not reaped much benefit from the solar projects while the strain on their groundwater supply has intensified, according to Inside Climate News.

“No one took into consideration a community lived out here,” said Teresa Pierce, a resident of a nearby community who has helped to organize other locals to respond to the resource scarcity and solar developments, according to Inside Climate News.

Developers rely on the groundwater aquifer because there is no other feasible water supply in the area, rendering transport of water from other locations to the development sites prohibitively expensive, according to Inside Climate News. The development has depleted the water reserves for local communities like one trailer park which a property manager said would be “dead without water” if the local scarcity continues to worsen, according to Inside Climate News.

Another local who has two palm trees and no house on his property saw his electricity bill go from $15 to $1,800 in just one month, as his electric irrigation pump that keeps the trees alive worked much harder to reach underground water reserves that have fallen due to the development’s extensive use of the groundwater supply, according to Inside Climate News. Drilling new, deeper water wells can cost up to $100,000, according to Inside Climate News.

The BLM was aware that its approved solar projects on public lands may have been using too much water from the area’s underground water reserves by its own standards, but the agency has advanced the projects nonetheless, according to former BLM employees cited by Inside Climate News.
Beyond the problems posed by the strain on the groundwater aquifer for humans, solar developments have overtaken many small bodies of water across the desert which formerly provided critical habitat space to the animals inhabiting the desert region, according to Inside Climate News.