Re: renewable energy

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:17 am
Designer wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:14 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:51 am
Wind generators only last 3-4 years according to Facebook.
Oh - and according to Dumb-signer...
I didn't say those words. :space: :dunno:
And now the denial.
:funnylast: :space: You talk about denial! :space: :lmao: :space: You keep denying my request for PROOF that I actually said the words you accuse me of saying.

Shown us all where I said those underlined words in your quote above.

You CAN'T :space: :fu:

And,...you keep denying what a HUGE Face Plant you performed about,..."lasting 20 years"...... :hahafinger:

:Cool:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:25 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:17 am
Designer wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:14 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:51 am
Wind generators only last 3-4 years according to Facebook.
Oh - and according to Dumb-signer...
I didn't say those words. :space: :dunno:
And now the denial.
:funnylast: :space: You talk about denial! :space: :lmao: :space: You keep denying my request for PROOF that I actually said the words you accuse me of saying.

Shown us all where I said those underlined words in your quote above.

You CAN'T :space: :fu:

And,...you keep denying what a HUGE Face Plant you performed about,..."lasting 20 years"...... :hahafinger:

:Cool:
Jeez you're a fkn moron.

You reposted the blurb from SJ that said generators only last 3-4 years and AGREED WITH IT SAYING IT'S PROOF....

Now you're trying your dance moves?

Here's your post. Tell me how its wrong now...
Designer wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:03 am
I'm posting this here, for it aptly fits this Threads subject matter......PROVING that "Renewable/Green Energy".... IS ALL A LIE!!

Oh,...and,....Nice find,.Suzuki Johnny. :clap:

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:23 pm

Ponder this for a moment. 🤔
The wind farm in Mt. Pulaski has been running for 3 1/2 years. They have been replacing the generators in all the wind towers. There are 100 of them in this wind farm. So evidently the life span on the generators on these things is about 3 to 4 years. It takes 12 semi trucks and trailers, A 9 axle 500,000 pound crane, A 100,000 pound crane and 12 pick up trucks to change each generator. That is a huge amount of diesel fuel being used to maintain these wind towers. And the "Green Groups" would like You to believe they are all fueled by magic fairy dust

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:57 pm
Jeez you're a fkn moron. :space: You reposted the blurb from SJ that said generators only last 3-4 years and AGREED WITH IT SAYING IT'S PROOF....Here's your post. Tell me how its wrong now...
We all know you are severely butthurt over the ass you have made of yourself in the ..."news from down under"..Thread. :space:So you are trying to "get even" over here. :space: Won't work, hillsy. :space: :wink:
Designer wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:03 am
I'm posting this here, for it aptly fits this Threads subject matter......PROVING that "Renewable/Green Energy".... IS ALL A LIE!!
NOTHING in what I said above says ANYTHING about these generators,....or that they are lasting 3-4 years....like,...AT ALL. :space: :dunno:
What it does express is agreement with the conclusion drawn after seeing....." It takes 12 semi trucks and trailers, A 9 axle 500,000 pound crane, A 100,000 pound crane and 12 pick up trucks to change each generator. That is a huge amount of diesel fuel being used to maintain these wind towers".....within the posting that Suzuki Johnny posted.

Here,....let me "Help the Handicapped"....and I'll underline it for your sorry ass;
Suzuki Johnny wrote
It takes 12 semi trucks and trailers, A 9 axle 500,000 pound crane, A 100,000 pound crane and 12 pick up trucks to change each generator. That is a huge amount of diesel fuel being used to maintain these wind towers. And the "Green Groups" would like You to believe they are all fueled by magic fairy dust
That the Meme says they are replacing the generators is only logical, since the generator/gearbox are bolted together as one Power Generating Unit. :space: And also since they did see,...all the Blades come off,...the Huge Crane removing the Generating Unit,...the Unit taken away to the shop (for gearbox replacement,)....the Generating Unit brought back,...the Crane lifted it up and installed it,...all the Blades reinstalled....the whole Generator Unit reset and adjusted......

ADDING that the company was not forthcoming as to what caused the FAILURE. :space: That is,...until the Meme was posted. Then...**suddenly**....they start talking and say it was the gearbox, not the generator.

But their sudden "explanation" from the Company doesn't matter. :space: Why is because,... IF EITHER ONE FAILS It is a total FAILURE OF POWER GENERATING UNIT OPERATION.....and thus, the WHOLE UNIT must be Removed, Dismantled, Worked on, Replaced Parts installed,.. and THE WHOLE UNIT Reinstalled........ at the Gigantic Expense and Environmental costs with that.

So,...the conclusion I Agreed With is correct. :space: :wink:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

:funnylast:

Haha - fkn dance...

:lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Now that we have settled the problem with hillsy,....here's just a TINY example of these sucking bastard UN-environmental contraptions FAILING.

ENJOY!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Imagine what would happen if one of those on Tehachapi or out by Palm Springs were to blow up with the fire anytime after mid july? Especially after a wet year like the west coast has just had.

Or some of that area around Riverside that is covered with sage and greasewood.

The wild fire would be massive. About 400 years of auto carbon immissions.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:26 am
Now that we have settled the problem with hillsy,....
I don't have a "problem".

I'm not the guy reposting garbage memes from FaceBook as their facts..... :Cool:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:10 pm
I'm the one with "A Problem". :space: I'm the guy reposting garbage information from articles I link to that claim wind turbines "lasting twenty years",...then making AN ASS of myself by refuting it!
".......wind turbines should be expected to operate for 20 years or longer"....
A direct quote from hilsy's link here;
hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:38 am
HARRIS wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 12:47 am
HAS ANYONE EVER ASKED IF THE DUTCH STILL RELY ON WINDMILLS FOR POWER ?? SAME QUESTION ABOUT WOODEN SHOES TOO ...
They gave up on windmills because the gearboxes kept breaking.

:fu: ...... :fu: ......... :fu:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

More dancing.

:clap:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Now that the hillsy-SUCK has been shown what AN ASS he really is....he's doing his DANICING to TRY TO evade facing that.

Let's let THE SUCK dance away (with his Shit alllll over his face)...and review the ..."lasting twenty years"....he made such AN ASS of himself about;

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Did you get that pic from FaceBook, Dumb-signer?? Along with all your other "facts" about wind generators??

:lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Yep,...these things last twenty years alright!! :space: :lmao: :space: Just like what hillsy says they will from his article he linked to;
".......wind turbines should be expected to operate for 20 years or longer"....
A direct quote from hillsy's link here;

Wind turbine erupts into flames north of Goderich, Ont.

Photo Credit: Scott Miller, CTV News London Videographer | "Wind turbine blaze 'contained' north of Goderich, Ont." | Published June 3, 2023 | london.ctvnews.ca ~~

Todd Edginton could hardly believe his eyes when he looked out his back door to find a wind turbine on fire. :space: He wasn’t alone, as people stopped just north of Goderich to see the spectacle unfold. :space: Salman Hossain was heading to Goderich’s beach from Toronto when he saw smoke in the distance. :space: “At first, I thought nobody saw it, and I should call 9-1-1, but then you [Scott Miller] showed up, and told me what was going on,” said Hossain.

What Hossain and Howard saw was thick black smoke streaming from the top of a towering wind turbine, just off of Golf Course Road, two concessions north of Goderich.

hillsy says,..."lasting twenty years"! :space: :fu: :space: And.........Will Just LOOK at allll the Carbon Emissions streaming out of this,..."clean energy"....contraption!!

It sure has......"saved the world". :space: :hahafinger:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Forum dumbass keeps on doing his thing..

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:19 pm
I'm THE Forum dumbass who keeps on doing his thing..
There........ fixed it for you to reflect the truth. :space: :wink:

Now back to the topic of "renewable energy"..... :roll:

Behold all the "clean" polluton and carbon being released into our atmosphere by these "clean energy" bullshit things!!

All this only ADDS TO the HUGE Carbon Footprint these sucking bullshit contraptions already have.....and could never have overcome in the first place.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

This is A TACIT ADMISSION that these sucking bastard "wind turbines" ARE INDEED KILLING/HARMING WHALES AND SEA LIFE;

Massive Offshore Wind Project Gets Underway With Permission To ‘Take’ Endangered Whales
NICK POPE June 09, 2023

A large offshore wind project off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard has begun nearly two years after federal regulators approved “take” permits for the project’s developer allowing for thousands of incidental killings of marine mammals, including dozens of whales protected under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) and up to 20 endangered North Atlantic right whales.

• Federal regulation allows for the approval of take permits for marine life so long as the permitted number of incidental deaths has a minimal effect on the longer-term viability of the species.

• The construction process for the turbines necessitates underwater blasts of noise which “are louder than a jet engine at 25 yards” of distance, New England Fishermen Stewardship Association (NEFSA) President Jerry Leeman told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Vineyard Wind began offshore construction of the 62- wind turbine project Thursday, according to WBUR. During this summer’s construction of the offshore wind farm some 15 miles off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard, the company is permitted to incidentally kill up to 20 endangered right whales, according to the Federal Register entry for the project.

The site of the development is within waters identified as “[representing] an increasingly important habitat for the declining right whale population,” according to a 2022 study led by researchers from the New England Aquarium (NEA). The researchers “found a significant, increasing trend in right whale abundance off Martha’s Vineyard,” according to a July 2022 summary of the study on the NEA’s website.

Federal regulators from the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) approved take permits to Vineyard Wind in June 2021, which include the endangered right whale in their scope, according to the Federal Register entry for the project. Take permits allow for the “incidental, but not intentional, taking of small numbers of marine mammals by U.S. citizens who engage in a specified activity (other than commercial fishing) within a specified geographical region,” according to section 1361 of Title 16 of the United States Code.

Regulators approve take permits for incidental killings of marine life when the NMFS finds that the deaths “will have a negligible impact on the species,” according to the project’s Federal Register entry. The take permits allow for Vineyard Wind to incidentally kill dozens of whales protected by the Endangered Species Act, including up to 20 endangered right whales, during the construction process, according to the Federal Register entry.

NOAA noted that it calculated the quantity of allowable right whale take permits for the development project in order to be “conservative,” according to the Federal Register entry. “Even one human-caused mortality puts the species at risk of extinction,” Dr. Jessica Redfern of the Anderson Cabot Center for Ocean Life testified at a Tuesday House Natural Resources Committee hearing on commercial threats to the right whale population.

Offshore construction is scheduled to run through the summer months and halt for the winter in November 2023, according to WBUR.
.@VineyardWindUS project is bad for so many reasons.
Here’s why (thread) :
https://t.co/QGDbT7uQyr pic.twitter.com/Uq8giKiZ13
— NE Fishermen Stewardship Assoc. (@fishstewardship) June 9, 2023
“The North Atlantic right whale is one of the world’s most endangered species of large whale,” according to a February 2023 memorandum from the Marine Mammal Commission (MMC). NOAA estimates that fewer than 350 right whales remain, according to its website. “Between 2003 and 2018, in cases where a cause of death could be determined, every juvenile and adult right whale death was attributable to human activities,” according to the MMC memorandum.

“While NOAA has handed out these takings, it is denying” and “ignoring” the “direct correlation” between offshore wind development and the increased numbers of right whales washing up dead on beaches since approximately 2016, Steve Milloy, senior E&E legal fellow and former Trump EPA Transition team member, told the Daily Caller News Foundation (DCNF).

Milloy’s “hypothesis” is that the extreme noise disturbances generated by underwater surveying disorient the right whales which are then more likely to strike a vessel and sustain serious injuries which often result in death for the animal.

The construction process for the turbines necessitates underwater blasts of noise for surveying which “are louder than a jet engine at 25 yards” of distance, New England Fishermen Stewardship Association (NEFSA) president Jerry Leeman told the DCNF. “If you look at any area that’s being industrially developed, there are always wildlife and environmental impacts,” Leeman said. “The uptick in vessel surveys for offshore wind development is right at the same time as the uptick in the beaching of these mammals,” he added.

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) claims that it “requires strict protective measures for when the offshore wind industry conducts activities offshore” in order to “ensure that whales are protected from offshore wind leasing and development activities,” according to a February 2023 fact sheet.

Vineyard Wind and NOAA did not immediately respond to the DCNF’s requests for comment.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Out in East County San Diego there are some wind turbines. I and a friend rode up to one to look it over. When they are turning you can feel a low frequency vibration. I can only imagine what that is like underwater but considering a whale's navigation system I can easily understand how bad it is for them.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, I agree that a lot more research needs done if we are planning to put wind farms in the oceans. So far all the evidence suggests it's harmful to sea life.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:55 am
Herb, I agree that a lot more research needs done if we are planning to put wind farms in the oceans. So far all the evidence suggests it's harmful to sea life.
Thank you agreeing with the several articles I have posted about these HORRIBLE contraptions and their being installed off shore.

See? :space: We can agree on what can be seen in The Facts posted in Black-and-White.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

I doubt Tim is agreeing with your fanatical rantings Springy. The issue needs more research.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

At the worst time of day solar FAILS to deliver.

Hot weather, smoke in the air, AC is a life saver, and it won't work... Life can get really bad because of dependence on an unreliable power source.

Last year we had smoke from the CA wildfires and my wife is an asthmatic. We normally cool with the swamp cooler and we couldn't use it, our electric bill went through the roof. At least she could breath because our electricity didn't go out.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/sola ... peak-hours

Goals for solar energy production to meet the demands of the power grid went up in smoke last week as Canadian wildfires filled American skies with haze.

New England solar farms produced as much as 56 percent less electricity than in the previous week during peak demand times, according to Bloomberg.

Solar generation in a wider region, reaching from Illinois to North Carolina and served by PJM Interconnection LLC, also showed an impact, with production down 25 percent from the previous week...

Without offering specifics, a news release from ISO New England said, “Smoke from wildfires in Canada has traveled to New England, significantly lowering production from solar resources in the region.”

Your lungs aren’t the only thing being affected by wildfire smoke.

Solar power generation in parts of the eastern US has tanked by more than 50% due to the smoke.

New England’s solar farms alone experienced a 56% drop during peak demand, according to the region’s grid operator pic.twitter.com/8ejcrwKU2h...