renewable energy

Keep it civil
sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: renewable energy

Post by sgtcall »

I sometimes wonder if the manufactures would build a new computer free car that went back to the basics, would they sell? I think that guys that want to have a car they can work on themselves may buy one. Or even something in a work truck, you know no carpet, no frills just a truck that gets the job done.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Yep they'd sell

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:13 pm
Yep they'd sell
Then the question is, why don't they build it?
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

EPA

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

IT WOULD BE A " DECONTENTED " CAR, USED TO BE CALLED A STRIPPER .....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Tbeck wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:08 pm
EPA
There's the rub - half the computers and electrickery in a modern car are there to keep them emissions compliant. Take that away and your bare bones car won't even pass the design stage....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Wrong hillsy. You take the chips out of the cars and you collapse china's biggest industry.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:07 am
Wrong hillsy. You take the chips out of the cars and you collapse china's biggest industry.
Yeah maybe - but ask VW about being non-compliant with emissions and how that turned out.....

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:40 am
Tbeck wrote:
Yeah maybe - but ask VW about being non-compliant with emissions and how that turned out.....
Imagine if VW stood up to the US gov't. and said, "Fuck you! We're not paying your bullshit fine."? Sure, they'd probably get punished by a ban (and we all know how that works with the government...but I digress.)

It takes one major company to give the finger to the US lawmakers and, IMO, you'd see many more follow suit.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:59 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:40 am
Tbeck wrote:
Imagine if VW stood up to the US gov't. and said, "Fuck you! We're not paying your bullshit fine."? Sure, they'd probably get punished by a ban (and we all know how that works with the government...but I digress.)

It takes one major company to give the finger to the US lawmakers and, IMO, you'd see many more follow suit.
Well it wasn't just in the US that they either got fined or had to recall cars.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Seems this discussion kinda-sorta would belong in another thread about Cars, would it not ?

Getting back to The Main Topic ....that being Renewable Energy...and what is one of THE questions behind what we are told is a Major reason for pushing it upon us all,....Which is Man-made emissions and how that is making "global warming".

We can often read folks say on the Internet that solar energy is...."harmless".....and,...."has little impact on anything". :space: Obviously, they are not well informed or Deliberately Ignorant....for they don't consider the Huge Negative Local Environmental Impacts of said-same solar installments as we see from these "farms" below

What we are seeing is the "green energy" advocates ARE LYING BY OMMISSION. :space: This HUGE LIE that this solar-shit is "green" is even more egregious when when one considers those Lying Liars plan to have approximately 4-5 TIMES the amount of solar panels that we see in these pictures above.

Look at the LAND RAPE in those pictures,...now multiply it times 4-5,...and it is clear THIS SHIT IS NOT ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY AT ALL.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Huh and I thought the EV's were part of the renewable discourse.

I believe that your discussion about the misinformation regarding solar is really the same misinformation about EV's, hydro, wind, etc....they are really being driven by economics and not based on the misinformation regarding green house emissions.
This has been played before, we simply don't care, or can't be bothered to address this misinformation. We all remember that hole in the ozone that required refitting of existing refrigerants, replacement of aerosols, new recovery and recycling equipment etc...and the hole in the ozone? Oops our bad, it's a natural occurrence. Economics!

As I have stated many times, I don't have heartburn with any of the energy sources, they all work and all have their place. I do have a problem with the government manipulation of the economy at the expense of the people.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

The enviro nuts drive through the mountains and see a 100 acre clear cut forest and they throw a fit, they drive through the desert and see a bunch of off road vehicle tracks and they throw a fit. HOWEVER, when they drive by a 200 acre solar panel farm they think it is a good deal.

Supidity is terminal...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:38 pm
The enviro nuts drive through the mountains and see a 100 acre clear cut forest and they throw a fit, they drive through the desert and see a bunch of off road vehicle tracks and they throw a fit. HOWEVER, when they drive by a 200 acre solar panel farm they think it is a good deal.

Stupidity is terminal...
I hadn't made that comparison, Herb. :space: A quite well done one that clearly shows pretty much what I have been saying here. :space: We are being told LIE$ by the LYING "green energy" movement that claim this Shit-source of "renewable energy" is to "Save the Planet, as they Scream about stopping Global Warming...and their other label of "man-made climate change" . :space: The first is impossible, the second another LIE.

We see this Pile of LIES all the time. :space: It is The Driving Dialogue that is broadcast when there is any discussion about "why renewables",..... or the HUGE amount of Subsidies that were/are needed to make them economically viable.

Many are pointing out these Blatant LIES, and herein we are posting about them. :space: A classic example of they who NEED to get more learned by what you and I have just posted are they who say this;
Tbeck wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:24 pm
......... we have all these renewable energy sources we have been and can continue to use with little impact on anything.......So maybe we should utilize the harmless stuff more,

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

And the guy who posted that last quote you linked is brilliant and right on the money.
Only an idiot would utilize Extremes to address the whole of technology

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:46 am
And the guy who posted that last quote you linked is brilliant and right on the money.
Only an idiot would utilize Extremes to address the whole of technology
This Evasion/Deflection you posted we will take as your admitting what I said in my last message is correct.

Now we are getting somewhere! :ShitGrinandThumb:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Anyone can provide extreme examples of technology being over utilized, but you must have missed what I stated? BUT you did quote it!!!!
I must therefore conclude that you simply want to ARGUE again?
So no I'm not admitting but you can after you figure out what you quoted.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Damn double post's

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:22 am
Anyone can provide extreme examples of technology being over utilized, but you must have missed what I stated? BUT you did quote it!!!! I must therefore conclude that you simply want to ARGUE again? So no I'm not admitting but you can after you figure out what you quoted.
Wiggle, Wiggle wiggle! :space: :funnylast:
The SIX (6) pictures both Herb and I posted Prove,..without ANY DOUBT,.... that what Timmy said....IS DEAD WRONG.
Tbeck wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:24 pm
......... we have all these renewable energy sources we have been and can continue to use with little impact on anything.......So maybe we should utilize the harmless stuff more,
Those SIX pictures are Full And Final Proof.......there IS NO argument.......case closed. :dunno:

BUT,....Timmy just cannot BE WRONG ........as Herb concisely and accurately stated about the TRUTH about Timmy;
Herb wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:10 pm
Rule #1... T is always right.
Rule #2... If T is proved wrong, rule #1 applies...
So,...what Timmy do to TRY TO Save Face?....He starts another argument,.....and get this,...about something I NEVER said,...nor even Implied he said.

And THEN,....he says I am wanting to argue?,....when IN FACT,...what I posted was UN-arguable,...and was CONCLUDED because of such. :wink:

What a pathetic little man he is. :space: :roll:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Here we go with the partial quotes again.

Can ALWAYS identify Designer lies when he DOESN'T post the ENTIRE statement.

So who's wiggling??? Pretty sure it's little Designer.