Any great leaders?

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Any great leaders?

Post by RoadKing »

Last night Mark Levin asked if there are any great leaders within the Republican House members. If not Kevin McCarthy as Speaker, then who? Immediately the question stunned me as I realized the answer for now is no. Potential leaders? The next two years may tell. I see Speaker McCarthy as weak in many ways. I see many strong personalities among the R conference, but leaders who care more about the people than themselves? The only R who does not take campaign money from lobbyists is Matt Gaetz! THE ONLY ONE! That seems pretty great by itself.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Any great leaders?

Post by sgtcall »

I would have liked to see Jim Jordan as the speaker this term. Matt Gaetz would be a great candidate to chair the Oversight Committee, Judiciary Committee or even better the House Ethics Committee. Gaetz would be a great speaker in a few years but right now I think he could do more good and hold more influence as a committee chair.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

sgtcall wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:35 am
I would have liked to see Jim Jordan as the speaker this term. Matt Gaetz would be a great candidate to chair the Oversight Committee, Judiciary Committee or even better the House Ethics Committee. Gaetz would be a great speaker in a few years but right now I think he could do more good and hold more influence as a committee chair.
I like Matt Gaetz but am not suggesting him at all as current Speaker. He’s dynamic and I agree a potent moving force in committees. For over ten years I have seen Jim Jordan as tremendous potential but still has yet to change a damned thing despite all of his sound and fury. I don’t foresee any improvement, hope I’m wrong. The damned R’s just don’t know how to fight and win. OR… Perhaps they are for the most part more interested in their campaign lobbies than the people’s interest. As for leaders? Within the House and the federal government as a whole, only one name for me qualifies as a great leader. Donald J Trump.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Chip Roy.... All the folk's mentioned are a bunch of swamp monster's. Roy was the only one I heard sticking up for the constitution and people while the other aforementioned were making back room deal's.
That goes for faux news as well.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:29 pm
Chip Roy.... All the folk's mentioned are a bunch of swamp monster's. Roy was the only one I heard sticking up for the constitution and people while the other aforementioned were making back room deal's.
That goes for faux news as well.
Bullshit. I can’t believe the Baghdad Bob malarkey I read on this board. Make these big time pronunciamentos like you know what you’re talking about and you don’t know shit, mostly making shit up. Besides Chip Roy, there are many Trump supporters such as Gaetz, Boebert, and Crane who are anything but swamp creatures and all strict vocal Constitutionalists and were all among the original 20 that voted against McCarthy. Allow me to add that as a shut in I was able to watch the entirety of the process on cspan, all 15 ballots, heard all the speeches before each vote. You can’t bullshit me, Teach.
Signifying nothing”

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

HE WINNING VOTE FOR THE SPEAKER JOB WAS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR ... POLITICS AS USUAL. WE WAS HAD ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

HARRIS wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:18 am
HE WINNING VOTE FOR THE SPEAKER JOB WAS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR ... POLITICS AS USUAL. WE WAS HAD ...
You know this how? Explain please. Inform me. Concessions concerning House rules were sought and eventually granted by McCarthy, rules that allowed House members fairer representation of their constituents. Winning vote was bought? Who was bought? What deal was made? Proof? We Was Had? OK, back that up with proof, make me a believer.

Last night the new rules were approved by The House and the dissent came from Dims. The R’s are in agreement that the rules conceded by McCarthy are good for The 118th Congress as well as we the people. If the final vote that elected McCarthy was predicated on anything other than rules changes, I’m asking you to show me proof.
Signifying nothing”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

People are saying that the speakership is "bought and paid for". As far as I am concerned the concessions that McCarthy had to make are good things. These bills/rules changes may not go anywhere but it is for damn sure they would not have even seen the light of day if the 20 had not held their ground.

https://thelibertyminds.com/2023/01/08/ ... ip-debate/

1) A bill to rescind certain balances made available to the Internal Revenue Service.

2) A bill to authorize the Secretary of Homeland Security to suspend the entry of aliens, and of other persons.

3) A bill to prohibit the Secretary of Energy from sending petroleum products from the Strategic Oil Reserves to China, and for other purposes.

4) A bill to amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act to direct the district attorney and prosecutors office to report to the attorney general, and for other purposes.

5) A bill to require a national instant crime background check system to notify U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and relevant State and Local law enforcement agencies whenever the information available to the system indicates that a person illegally or unlawfully in the United States may be attempting to receive a firearm.

6) A bill to prohibit taxpayer funded abortions.

7) A bill to amend Title 18, United States Code, to prohibit a healthcare practitioner from failing to exercise the proper degree of care in case of a child who survives an abortion or attempted abortion.

The package also includes several rules that will serve as guardrails for the House moving forward. Those rules include that any one member can force a “motion to vacate” the speaker’s chair; provisions to reduce out-of-control spending, taxes, and debt limit increases; at least 72 hours between the release of bill text and floor vote; and “conservative representation” on important House committees.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Now add this to the things that the hold outs managed to get looked at.

https://www.caucusroom.com/posts/7SqT4D ... 0Americans

The House of Representatives is slated to vote on a bill that would cut more than $70 billion in Internal Revenue Service funding in an effort to prevent the agency from conducting new audits on Americans...

"In updated articles, the budget office said that cutting out $72B would increase the debt by $112B. (I think the numbers are close if not correct.). Is this the final result of common core math? It makes me question every number that the budget office comes up with."
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

You are on top of this, Herb. Thank you for sharing.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

RK, don't ASK a question iffin you're going to get all pissy about the replies, RIGHT? Or are you simply trolling?
Boebert is a bimbo, and too dumb to get out of her own way. She damn near lost her seat to a nobody when she should have won a landslide. Gaetz? Sure what has he done since he's been in Congress, besides underage girl's and flapped his gums.

I like what I have seen and heard from Roy, I also like Donald's and believe both have the necessary leadership traits. And THAT was YOUR QUESTION. I think Jordan is doing what he enjoys which is investigating.

As for the concession made? I think returning the house to the Jefferson rules is a good thing. Makes you wonder why they needed these changes to begin with. Probably those damn political parties everyone seems to like so much.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:11 pm
RK, don't ASK a question iffin you're going to get all pissy about the replies,
Fuck you, Teach. I’ll ask anytime any condition I please.
Signifying nothing”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:
Chip Roy.... All the folk's mentioned are a bunch of swamp monster's.
The question… Any Great Leaders? The progression of this thread to this point only mentioned Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan. Review it for yourself, Teach. And your response above? “All the folks mentioned are swamp monsters”. Gaetz and Jordan are swamp monsters? I responded with a hearty BULLSHIT. Damned right I reacted negatively to your typical jive. Tell ya what, don’t know who the mod is in charge of 86ing members but you should contact them and snivel about me because I’m losing any patience to be civil with you and am calling you one stupid son of a bitch.
Signifying nothing”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:33 pm
Tbeck wrote:
The question… Any Great Leaders? The progression of this thread to this point only mentioned Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan. Review it for yourself, Teach. And your response above? “All the folks mentioned are swamp monsters”. Gaetz and Jordan are swamp monsters? I responded with a hearty BULLSHIT. Damned right I reacted negatively to your typical jive. Tell ya what, don’t know who the mod is in charge of 86ing members but you should contact them and snivel about me because I’m losing any patience to be civil with you and am calling you one stupid son of a bitch.
That is the way he got to me and I was about to get myself banned. That is why I blocked him. My blood pressure really appreciates it also.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:50 pm
RoadKing wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:33 pm
Tbeck wrote:
That is the way he got to me and I was about to get myself banned. That is why I blocked him. My blood pressure really appreciates it also.
Thank you. As I type I am watching Hannity. Many members of R House conference in his studio, a powerful show of force and unity behind McCarthy. First, Jordan, til now a strong voice but with little results which all can soon change. Also present and side by side with McCarthy are Jordan, Scalise, Stefanik, Comer, Roy, Donalds, James… all in a position now to prove themselves as great leaders by being the new face of the Republican Party by fighting for the American people and fighting to win. This was a very good show.
Signifying nothing”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I hope they keep going and actually do what they are supposed to. Tell you more oif what I think of them in a year and a half.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:30 pm
I hope they keep going and actually do what they are supposed to. Tell you more oif what I think of them in a year and a half.
Same here. The R’s have failed as a strong loyal opposition for far too long. They’re going to have to show me now. One encouraging thing about tonight’s Hannity was the number of times various members repeated the themes of America First and Make America Great. Hoping and praying here.
Signifying nothing”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tonight, before an empty House and who knows how few cspan viewers, Chip Roy gave a 30 minute speech that should be heard and pondered by anyone capable of comprehension.
Signifying nothing”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I just tried to find the speech and it appears that it hasn't been published yet.

I spent all day getting a lost car title fixed. running back and forth between Susanvill, CA and Reno NV to get the paperwork required.

What a PITA.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:10 pm
I just tried to find the speech and it appears that it hasn't been published yet.

I spent all day getting a lost car title fixed. running back and forth between Susanvill, CA and Reno NV to get the paperwork required.

What a PITA.
If you can, do this. Previous to Roy’s speech, David Schweikert gave an amazing presentation about the national debt. Watch it first. Roy’s speech is a response. Both are well worth watching.
A lot of snow in The Sierras?
Signifying nothing”