Make the Military Weak Again !!!!

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Make the Military Weak Again !!!!

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, I know dozens of people who were in the AF that never deployed or were sent TDY. That's not uncommon at all. Other's like myself deployed over and over world wide.
This forum and the old purple board have been populated by veterans from every branch, and various occupations. We lost one of my dear friends and former Navy seal a year ago. Another of my dear friends is a former grunt and purple heart recipient. So I try very much to not make assumptions about service because you never really know until the relationships are formed. Additionally I am of the opinion that it doesn't matter what you did or in what branch you served, you served and that's enough.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

navigator wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 11:33 am
It's hard to shoot when partially transed, one tit and one testicle.
:lolfall: :lmao: :cheers:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 2:01 pm
Sgt, I know dozens of people who were in the AF that never deployed or were sent TDY. That's not uncommon at all. Other's like myself deployed over and over world wide.
This forum and the old purple board have been populated by veterans from every branch, and various occupations. We lost one of my dear friends and former Navy seal a year ago. Another of my dear friends is a former grunt and purple heart recipient. So I try very much to not make assumptions about service because you never really know until the relationships are formed. Additionally I am of the opinion that it doesn't matter what you did or in what branch you served, you served and that's enough.
Tbeck wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:01 am
SJ and Herb, well I guess I wasn't deployed, and wasn't policing , providing humanity aide, tracking down warlord's, etc...during all the hundred's of deployments I was sent on. Must have been my imagination.

Herb the posse c doesn't apply in this instance. They aren't being sent for "domestic policing" because they aren't going to police Americans. Their deploying for national defense which is their function.
This comment was what I was talking about, no one has been deployed 100s of times. TDY yes but not deployed.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 6:41 pm
Tbeck wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 2:01 pm
Tbeck wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:01 am
SJ and Herb, well I guess I wasn't deployed, and wasn't policing , providing humanity aide, tracking down warlord's, etc...during all the hundred's of deployments I was sent on. Must have been my imagination.

Herb the posse c doesn't apply in this instance. They aren't being sent for "domestic policing" because they aren't going to police Americans. Their deploying for national defense which is their function.
This comment was what I was talking about, no one has been deployed 100s of times. TDY yes but not deployed.
Again, T is wrong, they are being sent to help with policing the crowds and assiting the BP with their job of POLICING. They are not being sent to stop the border invasion.

BTW, the Corps calls TDY "Temporary Additional Duty", it is for individual orders of a temporary nature. Things like schools, and maybe a temporary duty with another unit but the individual still belongs to the main command.

Deployments are ONLY for Units. When a part of unit goes to work with other units, these are called Detachments (from the main unit).

Our Squadron Deployed to Japan and we sent a Detachment to a West Pac float. At the same time we sent a Det to Korea to take part in an exercise with a number of western pacific countries.

When we got home I got TAD orders to the Staff NCO Academy.

Without understanding the different terms and what they mean it makes it difficult to talk to people from other services.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

At least the AF got smart, BEFORE they killed a bunch of people.

https://unmuzzlednews.com/biden-secdef- ... 1800603976

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

So this is "protecting the border"? Not in this dimension.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... 2023-05-12

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, actually I have been deployed hundred's of times. The only time I was ever sent TDY was for training purposes. I've been to 102 countries and only 10 were for pleasure, all the other's were on military orders.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Deploy… To move troops or equipment into military action.

Words mean things. Deploy means the same thing regardless of branch of service.

I have a very close friend, a brother, who once was AF, a loadmaster on C5A. I recall him using the word “mission” when he flew to various places around the world. Never heard him say the word deploy.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

RoadKing wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:42 pm
Deploy… To move troops or equipment into military action.

Words mean things. Deploy means the same thing regardless of branch of service.

I have a very close friend, a brother, who once was AF, a loadmaster on C5A. I recall him using the word “mission” when he flew to various places around the world. Never heard him say the word deploy.
What, no responses? Ya know, RK, I don’t think these people are interested in a short, concise definition of the word “deploy”. That effectively eliminates their long winded jabber jaw bullshit! The poor washer women need something to squabble about.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

^^This^^