Another school shooting

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Another school shooting

Post by Tbeck »

DF, first I wanted to correct something you posted earlier. David killed Goliath with his own sword, beheaded him, after stunning him with a rock. It's a common misinterpretation of what happened to claim he killed him with a stone.

Secondly, gender dysphoria is a mental health condition. I'm not sure if it's the only mental health condition that these folks have but you are correct in pointing out that several of these recent shootings involved people who had a known mental health condition or two. I guess the question becomes, what additional baggage did these particular people have that made them engage in these terrible attacks? The mental health folk's are clearly missing some warning that needs to be identified.

What should be alarming and I am sure you are seeing it, historically gender dysphoria is a MALE dominated mental health condition. However if you follow the transgender movement taking place in the US, it's girl's and not necessarily guy's. So the question I have is whether all this recent GD change is being driven by social media? Meaning these young people are led to believe that is their issue when in fact they have some other mental health problem. I find it difficult to believe that hundreds of years of trending on a medical condition just decides to flip from male dominated to female dominant.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

David, with accuracy and power, hurled a rock that sank into the forehead of the giant who commenced to fall on his face. Nowhere in the Bible does it suggest that the giant was merely stunned. David’s comrades, out of fear that the giant might wake up, encouraged him to decapitate which David did anyway to gain a trophy. That’s the Bible. David, a boy at the time, slew Goliath with a stone.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Thanks for the confirmation RK :lolfall:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

RoadKing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:15 am
David, with accuracy and power, hurled a rock that sank into the forehead of the giant who commenced to fall on his face. Nowhere in the Bible does it suggest that the giant was merely stunned. David’s comrades, out of fear that the giant might wake up, encouraged him to decapitate which David did anyway to gain a trophy. That’s the Bible. David, a boy at the time, slew Goliath with a stone.
I repeat, for correcting geniuses unable to read,
YOUNG DAVID SLEW THE GIANT WITH A STONE. I CONFIRMED NOTHING OF YOUR REWRITE OF THE BIBLE.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WHEN POLICE CAN RIDDLE THE SHOOTER'S BODY AND THEN SHOW WHAT HAPPENS, IT WILL DISCOURAGE

SHOOTERS FOR THE FUTURE. WALKING A SHOOTER OUT ONLY TELLS THEY GOT AWAY WITH IT. AND NO BLAZE OF GLORY
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Actually you did RK. Yep he tossed a stone, but it was the beheading that kept Goliath from getting back up. Thanks again for the confirmation.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Timmy is back at it again!

You see, HE is a...."history teacher"!......Forget what the Books say about past events,....HE is.."The Burning Bush"...only HE knows of history!

Isn't it amazing what having a "masters degree" bestows to someone?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:45 am
Actually you did RK. Yep he tossed a stone, but it was the beheading that kept Goliath from getting back up. Thanks again for the confirmation.
The Bible does not state that he was merely stunned. David’s comrades were in fear that the giant would wake up and beseeched him to decapitate which he did but only as a trophy. That is the Bible. I do not study theology. I read The Bible. The Word of God.
Signifying nothing”

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Designer wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:45 am
Timmy is back at it again!

You see, HE is a...."history teacher"!......Forget what the Books say about past events,....HE is.."The Burning Bush"...only HE knows of history!

Isn't it amazing what having a "masters degree" bestows to someone?
It’s amazing that for thousands of years the story has been repeated that little David killed the giant using his sling, but this megalomaniac troll wants to correct us!
Signifying nothing”

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

RoadKing wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:54 am

It’s amazing that for thousands of years the story has been repeated that little David killed the giant using his sling, but this megalomaniac troll wants to correct us!

First, I always knew the story that David killed Goliath with a rock in a sling.

Should we now believe that Jesus wasn't killed by being nailed to a cross and that, instead, it was the Roman soldier who speared his body was what really ended his life?

Second...

My POINT was...guns have been used for good and bad. So have cars. So have knives. So have pharmacutical drugs. Etc...

Banning guns does nothing to benefit anyone as the criminals will NEVER listen to the gun-banning laws. I don't know how many times anti-gun people need to hear this before it actually sinks in and they realize that statement is 100% correct. :bonk:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:18 am
RoadKing wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:54 am

First, I always knew the story that David killed Goliath with a rock in a sling.

Should we now believe that Jesus wasn't killed by being nailed to a cross and that, instead, it was the Roman soldier who speared his body was what really ended his life?

Second...

My POINT was...guns have been used for good and bad. So have cars. So have knives. So have pharmacutical drugs. Etc...

Banning guns does nothing to benefit anyone as the criminals will NEVER listen to the gun-banning laws. I don't know how many times anti-gun people need to hear this before it actually sinks in and they realize that statement is 100% correct. :bonk:
I agree. My post was in no way directed at you.
Signifying nothing”

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Well if you fellas read more and didn't rely on stories, perhaps you would know the truth instead of a story? Maybe check the SOURCE; 1 Samuel 17:51... You know the Bible

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:19 am
Well if you fellas read more and didn't rely on stories, perhaps you would know the truth instead of a story? Maybe check the SOURCE; 1 Samuel 17:51... You know the Bible
I did,...and here's what I found it says;
.....49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.
50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.
51 David ran and stood over him. He took hold of the Philistine’s sword and drew it from the sheath. After he killed him, he cut off his head with the sword. When the Philistines saw that their hero was dead, they turned and ran........
Verify here;
https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-s ... liath.html

and here;
https://biblehub.com/1_samuel/17-50.htm

So,...the wording is not absolutely definitive and can be interpreted either way. :space: :dunno:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, try reading the actual bible. The sources you've listed are not Samuel, but rather interpretation. Just saying. Samuel 17 is actually a pretty cool book

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

This time a bank shooting in Kentucky. I wonder if the bank employee who shot up the place was a "confused about their gender" individual...or if it was all because of the gun. :dunno:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:12 am
This time a bank shooting in Kentucky. I wonder if the bank employee who shot up the place was a "confused about their gender" individual...or if it was all because of the gun. :dunno:
He was confused because of the Trump administration.
Signifying nothing”

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

DevilsFan wrote:
From what I've heard he was an employee that was going to be fired so he shot up the place.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

DevilsFan wrote:
Either one is a mental illness...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.