Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: Since none of you ride anymore...

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:34 am
hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:42 am
Fair call - the idea of stooping to your level to get even is not really admirable.
This response is oblivious to the fact that his presumption that I am the one who "shits" on threads the most,.....is wrong.

All one needs do to prove it is wrong is to peruse the way-way-too-many instances of his factually bankrupt ridicule on DevilsFans messages,.....and his totally UN-provoked attacks on what Herb posts (calling him "Magoo" and worse) ....and the fact that YoDude has called him out for trolling many numerous times. .....for starters.

And,...I have "the receipts" to back this all up. :space: :wink:
Dude - you are the MASTER of shitting all over threads. "20 pages" is your M.O.

But this thread is about riding so you seem to not have any skin in the game here.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:00 pm
Dude - you are the MASTER of shitting all over threads. "20 pages" is your M.O.
Well, we had this thread back On Topic of Riding,...but we see above that hillsy chooses to RE-start his Shitting all over this Thread again with his Factless Accusation and Ridicule;
And he adds even more to his long list of doing so by posting UN-called for Baseless Attacking Derision;
hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:00 pm
.....But this thread is about riding so you seem to not have any skin in the game here.
Best to move on past his Incessant Need to be Shitting on This Thread and get back to The Main Topic on this new page;
Designer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:57 am
navigator wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:51 am
Jeez, you guys need to go for a ride. :shock:
Your wish is my command, ..... :bow:

We see you practice what you preach, too.
tabasco wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:55 am
Left to right ... Sue, me, Dave (Navigator) , Liz (Vicious), Bob (BBD).

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

:funnylast:

So are you in that pic Springy?

:lmao:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Laconia Motorcycle Week!!
Who is going?
NRMF's need not apply. :cheers:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

navigator wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:40 am
Who is going?
Last week was all I'm "allowed" LOL. Kidding, got commitments, I hope you and Liz have great riding.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

DF, I would love to be able to meet up with you guys next week, unfortunately I have some other stuff on the book's, but you guy's have a good ride and be safe.
Maybe another time later this year or next? :ShitGrinandThumb:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

navigator wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:40 am
Who is going?

Let's see now... 1800+ miles / 450 miles per day...4 1/2 days on the road, no problem!

hell Ya All I need is a 15 day packing list :rag:

Laconia has never been on my to do or travel to list so I'll pass on this one.
But the Northeast is one place that I haven't rode to, furthest we've been is to West Virginia, which in my opinion has some of the best riding roads in the USA.. :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Frozen my butt off today riding. Started out alright with temp's around 65. Temp's dropped to 61 and it had that damp cool feel to the air and I froze. I'm talking hop in a hot shower for 20 minute's after getting home type of cold.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Stopped into my buddies shop today and test rode the new VStrom 800....

Pretty nice actually - seat of my pants dyno says it's faster than my 1000 and everything is a bit sharper with it being a fair bit lighter...needs a taller screen though - that one doesn't do much at all.

Now do I want to try and talk the wife into thinking I need one?? :dunno:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

I'm going to try and get out over the weekend again but this week has been mostly rainy.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:putput: It's raining at Laconia.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

I got caught in a downpour today 10 minutes after I left the house. I never miss my wind screen until I have raindrops piercing my face at 60mph. But I just can't stand the look of the wind screen on this bike.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:23 pm
I got caught in a downpour today 10 minutes after I left the house. I never miss my wind screen until I have raindrops piercing my face at 60mph. But I just can't stand the look of the wind screen on this bike.
I was told by a Riding Buddy that such piercing Rain Experiences as you mention,......."builds character" . :space: :blink:

Did you check the Weather Bug Weather site? :space: I like their motto...."Know Before" . :bow:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Designer wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:29 pm
sgtcall wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:23 pm
I was told by a Riding Buddy that such piercing Rain Experiences as you mention,......."builds character" . :space: :blink:

Did you check the Weather Bug Weather site? :space: I like their motto...."Know Before" . :bow:
I checked Weather Bug and Weather Underground, neither had any rain in the forecast. A black cloud came over and it just dumped on me. I pulled into the covered area in front of a Lowes and checked my phone, it had a weather alert message on it.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Yeah, life is rough these days for old RK, bad hip and all. But, I am grateful for the riding I experienced into my 70’s. In real life today my wonderful friends encourage me to stay tough and they help me a whole bunch with my home and my dogs, I truly feel blessed. Got a 2022 48, still no miles, salted away in case of successful surgery and rehab sometime in the near future. That’s my positive attitude. I’m trying. In the meantime, I get by with a little help from my home friends and with the remembrance of all those untold miles of wind while riding over the decades into my 70’s on my motorcycles. I get by with hope. And prayer.

If you are able to ride, do so. No big thing, you been doing it all your lives! Right?

As for weather predictions? A glance at the local weather stations at truck stops has always worked for me along the way. That, and keep an eye on the horizon. But, accept there are going to be some rough spots, getting soaked once in a while is inevitable.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:12 pm
I checked Weather Bug and Weather Underground, neither had any rain in the forecast. A black cloud came over and it just dumped on me. I pulled into the covered area in front of a Lowes and checked my phone, it had a weather alert message on it.
I've seen it where a Front is coming, and as it is meeting up with existing Air Mass, has suddenly made the meeting line unstable and.. ..up pops an insolated shower or two. :space: This seems to happen most when living near a large body of water.

The worded predictions are written for many hundreds of cites,...and thus, Updates can lag a bit behind the ever-changing weather conditions.

Beyond just the words of predictions, I always check the Maps and make them animated so as to make my own on-the-spot-and-right-now predictions.

Just tryin' to keep ya dry! :space: :bow:

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

RoadKing wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:11 am
Yeah, life is rough these days for old RK, bad hip and all. But, I am grateful for the riding I experienced into my 70’s. In real life today my wonderful friends encourage me to stay tough and they help me a whole bunch with my home and my dogs, I truly feel blessed. Got a 2022 48, still no miles, salted away in case of successful surgery and rehab sometime in the near future. That’s my positive attitude. I’m trying. In the meantime, I get by with a little help from my home friends and with the remembrance of all those untold miles of wind while riding over the decades into my 70’s on my motorcycles. I get by with hope. And prayer.

If you are able to ride, do so. No big thing, you been doing it all your lives! Right?

As for weather predictions? A glance at the local weather stations at truck stops has always worked for me along the way. That, and keep an eye on the horizon. But, accept there are going to be some rough spots, getting soaked once in a while is inevitable.
Cool! You got the 48! Hope you get an opportunity to put some miles on it. :ShitGrinandThumb:

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

navigator wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:26 pm
It always seems to.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

MattSunn wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:53 am
RoadKing wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:11 am

Cool! You got the 48! Hope you get an opportunity to put some miles on it. :ShitGrinandThumb:
Yeppers. My first Harley was a new XLCH back in 1967. Perhaps this 48 will prove to be my second childhood! Like you, have always had affection for the Sportster.

Thank you for the kind hopes!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

MattSunn wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:54 am
navigator wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:26 pm
It always seems to.
Went to Laconia once back in the seventies. Stayed a few hours then got back out. Having been spoiled by numerous wide open gathering out West, I found Laconia to be congested chaos. Truth? I don’t find much approvable to say about motorcycle life in the Eastern US. I know some really neat people from Utica HD and for that I am grateful. Used to ride with a number of them.
Signifying nothing”