expiration dates

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

expiration dates

Post by Herb »

My wife was reading about pumice stones and the article says that they expire. WTF is this shit???

When I was working for a company that serviced aircraft safety equipment we had a bunch of things that had to be replaced by/before the expriation date. One thing that I learned is that an expiration date does not mean that the item goes bad on the date. It just means that that time frame (1,2,3,4,5,+years) is as far out as it has been tested and is known to be good.

Now, I happen to know where pumice stone comes from and it is already 10s of thousands to millions of years old so how the hell does it expire?

On the same question, salt has an expiration date also, WTF???
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: expiration dates

Post by navigator »

Welp, the earth apparently has an expiration date.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

navigator wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:40 am
Hopefully that date is WWWAAAYYY past mine.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Without an expiration date there is no incentive to purchase that product again....

devilish promotional scheme that gets the more gullible public to respond
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:42 am
Without an expiration date there is no incentive to purchase that product again....devilish promotional scheme that gets the more gullible public to respond
^^^....This is a big part of what Herb first speaks of.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

navigator wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:40 am
That's easy for you to say, Dave.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

Designer wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:39 am
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:42 am
Without an expiration date there is no incentive to purchase that product again....devilish promotional scheme that gets the more gullible public to respond
^^^....This is a big part of what Herb first speaks of.
:funnylast:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

The expiration dates I look at are for milk, meat ... perishable foods.

Vitamins, drugs ... pffft ... I got a lot of ibuprofen left from my crash in '14. Ain't thrown it out yet. I'd only take that shit if I was REALLY in pain, so it's there if that happens.

Canned food like beefaroni, chili? I don't even look. If I crack a can and it looks and smells ok, it's good. Never had it not look and smell good.

Thank you for your attention. Please have a nice day. And yes, this is what Herb was saying ... :lmao:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

tabasco wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:17 am
The expiration dates I look at are for milk, meat ... perishable foods.

Vitamins, drugs ... pffft ... I got a lot of ibuprofen left from my crash in '14. Ain't thrown it out yet. I'd only take that shit if I was REALLY in pain, so it's there if that happens.

Canned food like beefaroni, chili? I don't even look. If I crack a can and it looks and smells ok, it's good. Never had it not look and smell good.

Thank you for your attention. Please have a nice day. And yes, this is what Herb was saying ... :lmao:
If the cans aren't puffy, it is probably good no matter how old it is.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:02 am
tabasco wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:17 am
The expiration dates I look at are for milk, meat ... perishable foods. Vitamins, drugs ... pffft ... I got a lot of ibuprofen left from my crash in '14. Ain't thrown it out yet. I'd only take that shit if I was REALLY in pain, so it's there if that happens. Canned food like beefaroni, chili? I don't even look. If I crack a can and it looks and smells ok, it's good. Never had it not look and smell good. Thank you for your attention. Please have a nice day. And yes, this is what Herb was saying ... :lmao:
If the cans aren't puffy, it is probably good no matter how old it is.
Pretty much, Tabasco and Herb.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

They have "best before" dates on most things over here. But still some meats and smallgoods will have a "use by" date.

It's handy to have if you are grabbing something out of the fridge and don't know how long it's been there.

Other than that, this is just another typical whinge-fest by the resident washer women. Get the fk out and ride your bikes for Chrissakes...