Busy day

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Busy day

Post by Tbeck »

Wife and I did a real nice ride yesterday and didn't have anything planned for today.
Long story short my father went to camp yesterday, or should I say tried? He called me last night from home and said he couldn't get to camp because the storm we had Friday night knocked down a tree across the road leading into where our camp is built. So since my dog was overdue a camp trip we loaded him up and headed down to see if the tree had been cleared and I took my chainsaw just in case.
The road was in fact cleared but we had large trees down all around the camp, about 20. Fortunately none landed on our camp but a camp across the road had a HUGE tree drop right through the roof. So huge in fact it moved the entire structure off it's foundation block.
So we spent the entire day cutting, dragging and stacking up wood. We got the back yard and beside the camp cleared out but I still have to go back this week to clear two more trees in the front of the property. Once those are done I will begin clearing out the trails leading out of the back of the camp which we use to access our hunting area.
I'm not sure if they are confirming a tornado, or it was what they call "down bursts" in the region. Regardless it made a really big mess that stretches a good 20-25 miles across the mountain.
I think I need a nap :lmao:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Busy day

Post by Tbeck »

Well they did decide that it was a tornado. Two camps near mine had tree's go through their roof and such. We managed to clean up all the downed trees around our camp, opened the trail back up behind the camp so we can get to our usual hunting spots come fall.
Lot's of cutting, rolling and dragging but we had 5 people all pitching in so it went smoothly. Now I need to get back down there to fill my feeder with some corn and put up a new deer feed block. Maybe tomorrow....

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Wow. Glad you're doing what has to be done and making the best ... for camp days still to come.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Been there....Done that
Us Cajuns know exactly what it's like to come home (even a camp) and find it in disarray. The trick is to pace yourself and somehow enjoy what you're doing.. like a labor of love of sorts..
It's a great feeling to finally find the pot of gold when you're finally finished :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"