Should Anheuser-Busch apologize to conservatives?

Keep it civil
navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Good Idea!!! :ShitGrinandThumb:
FallenAngel wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:29 am
Herb wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:15 am
Anheuser-Busch is fighting an uphill battle to regain Bud Light’s lost sales because of its clueless leadership.

Right News Wire Official Polling
The comments that come to mind with that one question
This almost deserves its own thread

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Should Anheuser-Busch apologize to conservatives?

Post by sgtcall »

Nope, it's to late now they just need to close up shop or pander to the alphabet people and hope they buy some beer. At bars my go to beer has always been Yuengling, since it's local, but if they don't have that I used to get Bud now my back up beer is PBR or Miller. All AB products are banned for life.

In my wife's hometown in Germany there is a bakery that everyone used to go to, it was the most popular one in town then COVID hit and the owners were all in on COVID. They closed down completely for over a year and then opened up only for outside pickup for another year. Another less popular bakery near by stayed open as much as the law allowed during COVID and people naturally started going to them, as COVID ended people kept going the them. Now the old bakery is struggling to stay open and the formally less popular place is booming. Once you have your customer base you have to keep them, if they get used to something new customers will just stick with the new thing. At this point it's not just about the boycott, the customer base has shifted to other beers and they may never go back.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

^^agreed.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Yuengling Black & Tan is my favorite, has been even before AB went full retard.

sgtcall wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:33 am
Nope, it's to late now they just need to close up shop or pander to the alphabet people and hope they buy some beer. At bars my go to beer has always been Yuengling, since it's local, but if they don't have that I used to get Bud now my back up beer is PBR or Miller. All AB products are banned for life.

In my wife's hometown in Germany there is a bakery that everyone used to go to, it was the most popular one in town then COVID hit and the owners were all in on COVID. They closed down completely for over a year and then opened up only for outside pickup for another year. Another less popular bakery near by stayed open as much as the law allowed during COVID and people naturally started going to them, as COVID ended people kept going the them. Now the old bakery is struggling to stay open and the formally less popular place is booming. Once you have your customer base you have to keep them, if they get used to something new customers will just stick with the new thing. At this point it's not just about the boycott, the customer base has shifted to other beers and they may never go back.
-DBTO

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

sgtcall wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:33 am
... At bars my go to beer has always been Yuengling, since it's local ...
Me, too. The Moose Lodge has Yuengling on tap. It pours with a nice head ... a little malty, not as hoppy as I'd like, but a real good beer. Better than anything by AB that I know of.
but if they don't have that I used to get Bud now my back up beer is PBR or Miller. All AB products are banned for life.
I like PBR. I thought it had been acquired by AB, but I just checked, and apparently not. I like Miller Lite a lot ... it's a good Pilsner.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Isn't Budweiser the Foster's of American beers?

As in - crap?

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:04 pm

As in - crap?
It isn't a great beer. It is okay if you are drinking in a bar and its your 3rd of 4th round but not something to start with.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:04 pm

As in - crap?
Umm Nooo

Budweiser is the King of beers
When you say Budweiser you've said it all
Because This Buds for you

Pabst blue Ribbon is Americas Fosters

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

The boycot of Bud meant nothing to me because I never drank the crap when I had to pay for it. 4 of the shit and I had a headache and upset stomach. BTW I never bother to drink lite beer, of any kind. Tastes like watered down near beer.

Pabst is 10 times as good as Bud, at a much lower cost.

The only apology that I think would do any good is to fire the idiot CEO that let this happen.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:34 pm
The boycot of Bud meant nothing to me because I never drank the crap when I had to pay for it. 4 of the shit and I had a headache and upset stomach. BTW I never bother to drink lite beer, of any kind. Tastes like watered down near beer.

PBR is just hard to find in the bars around here and the ones that do serve it mainly just have the 16oz cans. I prefer draft beer over cans.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:37 pm
Herb wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:34 pm

PBR is just hard to find in the bars around here and the ones that do serve it mainly just have the 16oz cans. I prefer draft beer over cans.
My favorite bottled beer is MGD, draft is Amber Bock. I don't drink much in bars anymore because I can buy so much more for the cost and I don't have to worry about driving home. My limit in the bar is 2 beers and I go home.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

OK Here's one

From Dragster to Drag Quenn

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Bud's margarita in a can was my choice for quite sometime.. but it crossed the line when they put the trans on that beer can. :fubird: :fubird:
These days on the occasions that I imbibe a few I prefer Smirnoff Ice in assorted flavors..Green Apple and Screwdriver are my two best brands.

But those days are few
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

They need not apologize to me. I don’t drink their bilge anyway.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I don't know why they'd need to apologize for a marketing plan that went wrong? That's like saying that all the major television networks should apologize for the social engineering they've been engaged in since the 1950's.
Corporations try different approaches to marketing all the time, some work, some don't, but I have to say that all this boycott because someone got butt hurt is laughable.
Now if you think about it, the conservative right has been pissing and moaning about censorship for several years now. And yet their boycott is exactly that, censorship.

Just my opinion because I could care less what Budweiser does, or who is boycotting them.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

And the "censorship" that conservatives are using is totally justifiable. :space: They who ARE conservatives,...have been the ones who are being cancelled by the leftist cabal using censorship tactics....and there is nothing wrong about fighting fire with fire.

In fact,....it is coded!...... " you get back what you send out". :space: :wink:

So when you think about it,...the truculent agonistic leftists are merely receiving that which they sent out. :space: :dunno:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!