My Bike: VS800

Re: What is a woman

Post by navigator »

Herb wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:37 pm
navigator wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:36 pm
:DULL;
from your response I gather that you don't care that the people that are supporting the mentally ill are also helping to infect the young people with the same mental illness.
Nope.
my response of :DULL; clearly means :DULL;

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

navigator wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:23 am
Herb wrote:
navigator wrote:
from your response I gather that you don't care that the people that are supporting the mentally ill are also helping to infect the young people with the same mental illness.
Nope.
so you really don't care... Statement of fact, not a question.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:44 am
Cuban wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:29 am
:ShitGrin: Listen to the Bear
What he says about...."live and let live".... is nice,....and all that.

I can post many MANY dozens of instances where THEY do not do as what "The Bear" speaks of,.... making all kinds of demands and special "concessions". All-Too-Many of which are clearly NOT in keeping with The Norms of society.....even Sexually Deviant/Perverted.

Which...people like.."The Bear"...do not do.
+1

We tried to "live and let live", it didn't work. Now we are being forced into supporting the mental illness by letting men into womens sports, allowing them to teach/train kids as young as 4 to be trans/whatever, before they even have any idea what sex/gender is.

We are expected to kowtow to them and people have had enough of the crap. The bud light boycot would not have happened even 5 years ago because sane people were still in the "live and let live" frame of mind, it would have been considered an abberation.

However, in the last few years we have been forced to allow a lot of things that would not have even been considered a few years ago.

The federal government agencies are actually investigating mothers, that spoke out against the school policies for trans, as domestic terrorists.

I can remember a number of instances that some "trans" male assualted a girl/woman in the women's restroom and the most listened to media refused to even report it.

I refuse to support someone's mental illness to the detriment of my and my families safety.

People have had enough of the lies and bullshit.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Herb wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:26 am
navigator wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:23 am
Herb wrote:
navigator wrote:
Nope.
so you really don't care... Statement of fact, not a question.
Herb, herb, herb, you continue to twist my response to meet your agenda.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

So say it in plain language so us ignorant ones can understand.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

:blink:
Herb wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:35 am
You wouldn’t understand. :ShitGrin:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

MattSunn wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:44 pm
:blink:
Herb wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:35 am
You wouldn’t understand. :ShitGrin:
Better than you might think. I don't do inference, I don't do hints. You want to tell me something, just say it. Drives my wife crazy(er). :ShitGrin:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, no pissing contest from me, I simply laid out the fact's. Read SLOOOOWLY!
I have not degraded, or argued, as previously pointed out.

Biological sex is male and female according to the chromosomes.

Gender is a societal reference related to masculinity and femininity, or any point in between.

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness that has little to nothing to do with the aforementioned.

Trying to argue or debate all three topics at the same time is a fools argument. And yet that's exactly the trap people are falling into.

Herb, I agree with you that this gender spectrum argument from the LGBTQ+ is having a negative impact on our children. Tough enough getting through the teen year's without some idiot muddying the waters. I would definitely favor any legislation that prevented any sexual realignment treatments until the age of 18. Now I know that the media likes to use the term "gender reassignment" but that's not what it is. It's sex reassignment because of the introduction of hormones in order to alter the normal biological level's. All I have to say is I'm glad my children are adults and don't have to deal with it.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Here we go again! :space: :roll: :space: Even after he said this about what Herb Correctly Pointed Out his "notion" of gender being fluid!
Tbeck wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:45 pm
Herb, I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest.
Seems he just can't accept the TRUTH posted below,...so he just HAS TO keep Lecturing us all from his Lectern trying to make the phony notion he touts as being correct;
Designer wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:52 pm
Herb wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:23 pm
When I was growing up gender and biological sex were the same thing. Now the term has come to mean how a person acts, no matter what the person's biological sex is. Sorry folks, but the new definitions are BULLSHIT.
A person is either male or female, no amount of surgery, hormone "adjustments", or redefining the meaning of words will ever change that fact.
And the word Gender does refer to either Male or Female. :space: Back in more Realistically Sensible Times,....when there were "tomboy" and "girly boy" situations....it was merely a "phase" in growing up and was corrected by parents who recognized the Childs Birth Gender and guided them accordingly.
Of course, there were a very, very tiny few amount of children who might not have corrected their thinking. :space: But their Gender was correctly recognized by society as being either male or female.

Back then, there might have been some pseudo intellectual talk of it being otherwise,.. as there is today,....but such minority opinations trying to make the very very few exceptions be defining The Rule is was just that,....minority opinionated bloviations.
And.......
Herb wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:23 am
Gender and sex are not fluid. What activities a person prefers have no impact on sex or gender. Just because the people suffer from a mental illness and think they are a different sex doesn't change the real gender or their sex and supporting the mental illness is not healthy for anyone. :space
: We have never supported someone's belief that they are Napoleon Bonaparte, why the hell would we support someone's belief that they are a different sex than they were born as??? :space: Many years ago we started girls sports in what were traditional male activities. It was understood that women wanted to do those things but it was also understood that females did not have the physical strength to compete with males so why the hell are we allowing men to dominate women's sports??? :space: There is no way that a person can actually change their sex/gender and supporting that belief is supporting a mental illness.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, again you need to read SLOOOOWLY.
I previously acknowledged what Herb said about when he was growing up. We didn't use the word sex for the most part because It was the unspoken word. However as I pointed out several times, substitution of the term gender for the term sex is inaccurate.

One is a biological term and the other is a sociological term.

Substitution of these terms as interchangeable is not correct. Now I know that many people do, but that doesn't make it correct.

As for fluidity of gender? Well I guess that the sociologists must have been wrong for the past 2000 year's if we want to take Herb's position as gospel?

As for accepting truth? I'm all for that. Unfortunately it appears that you don't want to read what I post and ponder what has been said. I have no problem with Herb or anyone else expressing their views, nor do I have a problem with different views.
It appears as though YOU just want to stir shit and try to make an issue where there isn't one. So I will leave you to it. After all everyone knows your MO.