What is a woman

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

What is a woman

Post by Herb »

From an email this morning...

I wonder how long before youtube cancels these videos???

Speech First
Herbert,

I just launched a new podcast series -- just in time for back to school -- called “Courage is Contagious.”

It’s meant to inspire students as they return to their universities -- that they CAN speak up and push back against agenda-driven administrators on campus.

Herbert, you’ll want to hear the first installment -- an eye-opening conversation with @Brandubh4, a 14-year-old student in Ireland.

Click here or on the image below to watch it NOW:

Well Said podcast
Brandubh recently spoke out at a women's rally to push back on the popular notion that gender is fluid -- an idea she argues is making what it means to be a woman obsolete.

At that rally Brandubh showed amazing strength and courage by reading aloud her poem, "I Am Not A Dress," which challenges the dogmatic thinking of the far-Left.

Herbert, in this “Courage is Contagious” episode you’ll hear:

• A clip of Brandubh reading aloud her fiery poem;

• How Brandubh got her start pushing back on what she describes as “propaganda” and “ideology that is so clearly untrue”;

• The spirit of curiosity that inspires her pursuit of truth; and

• Her perspective as a young person on Ireland’s unique culture and history around free speech.

Brandubh’s voice is incredibly powerful, and in my interview, you’ll get a clear sense of just how well-spoken and courageous she is, despite her young age!

It’s a conversation you won’t want to miss, Herbert!

Listen Now
The Well Said podcast is hosted by me, Cherise Trump, the Executive Director of Speech First. Every two weeks I hold a conversation-style interview with a guest, ranging from experts on law and policy to activists, students, and professors.

And I’m excited to share this new “Courage is Contagious” series this month, interviewing students who stood up for their beliefs and spoke out despite the consequences.

It takes tremendous courage to push back when your institution attempts to censor or coerce -- and we are sorely lacking current day examples of what this can look like. My hope is that these stories will inspire other students to speak out and defend their right to express their ideas!

Each episode of the Well Said podcast is a fascinating and timely deep dive into issues around free speech, higher education, and other related topics like American culture and society.

You can listen right now on the Apple podcast app or by searching your favorite podcast platform for “Well Said Speech First” -- and join the conversation on free speech, campus issues, the American culture war, and more!

And when you do, please be sure to hit “subscribe.” That way you’ll be notified every time a new episode is released so you don’t miss a single interview!

Thanks for listening, Herbert, and thanks for your support! I look forward to connecting with you and helping you stay dialed in on the issues affecting free speech on our college campuses and across our great nation.

And be sure to listen to my interview with 14-year-old Irish student Brandubh today!

Listen Now
Cherise Trump

Executive Director

Speech First

Cherise Trump
Support Speech First
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: What is a woman

Post by Tbeck »

Silly arguments from both sides of this topic.

First off gender IS fluid and always has been. Think about when you were growing up and heard the expressions, Tomboy to describe a more masculine female, or mamma's boy to describe a boy that was less masculine. It's been around forever.

Now biological sex is a whole different thing all together and you are either male or female based on your xy factor.

The right keeps getting suckered into the false argument where GENDER is the term tossed around. So if the right wants to win the debate, they need to start arguing with the appropriate terms.

There are some really interesting historical trends regarding this topic if you care about making a good argument. For example gender dysphoria has been predominantly a MALE mental health condition.
However the current gender dysphoria trend is dominated by women. So basically 4k years of history say it's a MALE mental health condition, yet it's completely flipped to women in the past 5 year's, why? Social media and social influencers?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Yeah Herb.

We see The leftist psychopaths trying to make it believable that there are many dozens of genders,...then in discussion,..they use Gender and Sex interchangeably ......Perverting the whole of the discussion to foist their sexually deviant, delusional agenda upon society.

With them constantly re-defining the meanings of Terms/Words,....it's no wonder it's virtually impossible to have a Reasonable Adult Discussion with them.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:01 pm
Yeah Herb.

We see The leftist psychopaths trying to make it believable that there are many dozens of genders,...then in discussion,..they use Gender and Sex interchangeably ......Perverting the whole of the discussion to foist their sexually deviant, delusional agenda upon society.

With them constantly re-defining the meanings of Terms/Words,....it's no wonder it's virtually impossible to have a Reasonable Adult Discussion with them.
When I was growing up gender and biological sex were the same thing. Now the term has come to mean how a person acts, no matter what the person's biological sex is. Sorry folks, but the new definitions are BULLSHIT.

A person is either male or female, no amount of surgery, hormone "adjustments", or redefining the meaning of words will ever change that fact.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, you are completely correct in asserting that when people use the word gender they are really talking about male and female or sex.
Unfortunately using gender in that manner is "technically" incorrect and the LGBTQ+ has KNOWINGLY used that error to promote their agendas.
My point in the previous message was to point out that arguing GENDER is a losing argument for those who are really talking about biological sex. To beat the left/libs at the game they created, one needs to stick to the appropriate terms and not allow them to switch the topic by using gender.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:23 pm
When I was growing up gender and biological sex were the same thing. Now the term has come to mean how a person acts, no matter what the person's biological sex is. Sorry folks, but the new definitions are BULLSHIT.
A person is either male or female, no amount of surgery, hormone "adjustments", or redefining the meaning of words will ever change that fact.
And the word Gender does refer to either Male or Female. :space: Back in more Realistically Sensible Times,....when there were "tomboy" and "girly boy" situations....it was merely a "phase" in growing up and was corrected by parents who recognized the Childs Birth Gender and guided them accordingly.
Of course, there were a very, very tiny few amount of children who might not have corrected their thinking. :space: But their Gender was correctly recognized by society as being either male or female.

Back then, there might have been some pseudo intellectual talk of it being otherwise,.. as there is today,....but such minority opinations trying to make the very very few exceptions be defining The Rule is was just that,....minority opinionated bloviations.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, gender is a term that's based on fluidity and used mostly for social and psychological reference. It's how a person is viewed both by themselves and other's.
So if we use the old Tomboy usage within American society, it refers to a biological girl that has a preference for traditional male habit's and hobbies, aka gender. She prefers male activities and society recognizes that personal preference.
However her sex is female and that's dictated by biology
Now whether some adult's attempt to correct the aforementioned behavior preference varies greatly within our society.
It's also true that just because some girl prefers male hobbies it doesn't mean she views herself as male.

As I stated earlier I was only attempting to expose the futility of arguing about gender.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:07 pm
Gender is a term that's based on fluidity and used mostly for social and psychological reference. It's how a person is viewed both by themselves and other's.

So if we use the old Tomboy usage within American society, it refers to a biological girl that has a preference for traditional male habit's and hobbies, aka gender. She prefers male activities and society recognizes that personal preference.

Now whether some adult's attempt to correct the aforementioned behavior preference varies greatly within our society.

It's also true that just because some girl prefers male hobbies it doesn't mean she views herself as male.

As I stated earlier I was only attempting to expose the futility of arguing about gender.

Well stated T. :ShitGrinandThumb:

:cheers:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Cuban wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:07 am
Tbeck wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:07 pm
Gender is a term that's based on fluidity and used mostly for social and psychological reference. It's how a person is viewed both by themselves and other's.

:cheers:
No, it isn't.

Gender and sex are not fluid. What activities a person prefers have no impact on sex or gender. Just because the people suffer from a mental illness and think they are a different sex doesn't change the real gender or their sex and supporting the mental illness is not healthy for anyone.

We have never supported someone's belief that they are Napoleon Bonaparte, why the hell would we support someone's belief that they are a different sex than they were born as???

Many years ago we started girls sports in what were traditional male activities. It was understood that women wanted to do those things but it was also understood that females did not have the physical strength to compete with males so why the hell are we allowing men to dominate women's sports???

There is no way that a person can actually change their sex/gender and supporting that belief is supporting a mental illness.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

He would be spot on, except, he keeps using the word "feel" instead of know. That is a major problem in the world that people "feel" a specific way, even though it is contrary to the facts.

https://voiceofliberty.com/ne-yo-rescin ... -woke-mob/

“First and foremost, I did not apologize for having an opinion on this matter,” Ne-Yo continued. “I’m a 43 year old heterosexual man raising five boys and two girls, okay? That’s my reality. Now, if my opinion offended somebody, yeah, sure — I apologize for you being offended because that wasn’t my intention. My intention is never to offend anybody. However, I’m entitled to feel how I feel — I’m absolutely entitled to feel how I feel the same way you are entitled to feel how you feel.”

“I ain’t asked nobody to follow me, I ain’t asked nobody to agree with me,” he added. “I was asked a question and I answered the d—mn question, okay? I have no beef with the LBGTQIA+ community whatsoever. I got no beef with y’all, do whatever the hell it is you want to do. Do what you want to do with your kids. However, somebody asked my opinion on this matter, and this is how I feel, I will never be okay with allowing a child to make a decision that detrimental to their life. I will never be okay with that.”

“If I get canceled for this, then you know what, maybe this is a world where they don’t need a Ne-Yo no more,” the rapper concluded. “And I ain’t got no problem with that. I’m a hustler, all right, and I’ll figure it out. I got kids to raise and I’m gonna do that regardless.”

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:23 am
Cuban wrote:
No, it isn't.
Gender and sex are not fluid. What activities a person prefers have no impact on sex or gender. Just because the people suffer from a mental illness and think they are a different sex doesn't change the real gender or their sex and supporting the mental illness is not healthy for anyone. :space: We have never supported someone's belief that they are Napoleon Bonaparte, why the hell would we support someone's belief that they are a different sex than they were born as??? :space: Many years ago we started girls sports in what were traditional male activities. It was understood that women wanted to do those things but it was also understood that females did not have the physical strength to compete with males so why the hell are we allowing men to dominate women's sports??? :space: There is no way that a person can actually change their sex/gender and supporting that belief is supporting a mental illness.
Well said there, Herb. :space: Supported with solid examples that logically prove your POV correct.

Seems our resident know-it-all is back at his podium again. :space: :uhh:

As with all too many of they who are "educators",....they just love to pontificate. :space: But when you get past the academia-speak (meant to sound impressive) and get to the Core Idea(s),...the Faulty Reasoning of their house-of-cards Notions comes tumbling down.

Just like it did right here with another one of his equally faulty "ideas";
Tbeck wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:34 am
........I don't know why they'd need to apologize for a marketing plan that went wrong? That's like saying that all the major television networks should apologize for the social engineering they've been engaged in since the 1950's.
Designer wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:05 am
Any Corporation who uses a "spokesperson" who parades their Blatantly Clear Delusional Mental Condition has made more than a mistake.
They have joined the cabal of other equally sick people who propone this sort of Dysfunctional Sexual Mental Disorder trying to force societal acceptance of such Seriously Mistaken Delusion.
Proponing such sick and sexually deviant behavior as this is no where near what we witnessed in the 50's television.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Cuban wrote:
Herb wrote:
No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Cuban wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:18 am
Cuban wrote:
Herb wrote:
No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.
Your turn Herb. :rag:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: :space: Good posting there, Navigator. :space: :ShitGrin:

You point out the all-too-usual left-wing action of Sensibility Bankrupt, Child-like taunting....without ANY Factual Content to back it up....Quite UN-like that which Herb posted. :space: The entirety of Herb's quoted words here;
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14569&start=8

Cuban wrote:
Cuban wrote:
Herb wrote:
No, it isn't.
Yes, it is.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, you are correct that biological sex is NOT fluid, but gender is.
Gender is a generic both societally or individually or both. Our society is FULL of examples. For instance nursing WAS considered a female occupation, the more feminine member's of our society therefore dominated that occupation. Male's who were inclined to take up nursing weren't viewed as very manly.
Cop's we're supposed to be men, same with firefighters. And there are still many who view women in those roles as out of place.
Some may say that is stereotypes, and I would agree but it's based on gender roles, not on who has tits or a dick. Men should fill masculine roles and women feminine according to societal expectations. However the societal expectations have been blurred, and that is gender fluidity.
You say you are an ex-serviceman. Great so how do men view women in combat roles, and why do women keep volunteering for those jobs? That's gender fluidity. Those women don't think they are male, but they feel/believe that's what they want to do and biological sex shouldn't limit their choice.

The long and short is biological sex and gender are TWO SEPARATE topic's. The left/libs WANT to make the argument universal which makes a definitive outcome IMPOSSIBLE. The right should argue one OR the other and shut down any attempt to link the two. Don't play the lefts game.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

You know what's REALLY funny?

A bunch of old guys on a motorcycle forum arguing about gender.

:lmao:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

navigator wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:26 am
Cuban wrote:
Cuban wrote:
Herb wrote:
No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.
Your turn Herb. :rag:
Not going to get in a pissing contest about it. Fact is gender and biological sex are interchangable and you can't make a woman into a man or a man into a woman. Believing it is possible is a mental illness.

Letting a person below the age of 18 have hormone therapy or life altering sex surgery should be classed as child abuse and no insuranse or government money should pay for them. You are 18 or above and want the surgery, you fucking pay for it, don't expect people paying for health insurance or paying taxes to pay for it.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest either. You are 100% correct in your statement that you can't make a man a woman or the other way, biology dictates that. You may also use the terms gender and sex the same. However they are not the same and that's been recognized for millennia.

That said I believe, and I might be incorrect in reading your post that you believe that the debate about gender is about a person attempting to change their biological sex? It's not. Young people like to label themselves, bi gay, hetero, cisgender and the lists go on. Rarely do I come into contact with any young people that want to do the transition/med thing. Folk's need to remember that teenager year's are experimentation year's in the development process. They drink, smoke, drug's, sex and you name it just like teenagers have forever.
Furthermore I agree with you that nobody under the age of 18 should be allowed to participate in ANY type of medical treatments related to gender dysphoria. And yes it is a mental health condition regardless of what the left is saying.

So we really are for the most part on the same page regarding this topic. As I previously posted I simply wanted to point out the futility of the arguments.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

hillsy, yes this is a mc forum and yes the vast majority are old guy's. However the topic is of interest and worth discussing because it will have a major impact on our societal fabric for decade's. Many members here have grandchildren who will be exposed to this topic in school, on television and in their community. They need to be familiar with the topic and how it affects their grandchildren's lives.

So I get your point but you should have given it broader thought. This topic affects everyone, not just the young

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Tbeck wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:52 pm
hillsy, yes this is a mc forum and yes the vast majority are old guy's. However the topic is of interest and worth discussing because it will have a major impact on our societal fabric for decade's. Many members here have grandchildren who will be exposed to this topic in school, on television and in their community. They need to be familiar with the topic and how it affects their grandchildren's lives.

So I get your point but you should have given it broader thought. This topic affects everyone, not just the young
I have two teenage kids so the idea this doesn't affect me or that I haven't given it "broader thought" is presumptive at best.

I wish you luck trying to explain this to the resident close-minded oldies here.

(BTW - that's obviously not everyone here).