How Southern Louisiana are you???

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

How Southern Louisiana are you???

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

How Louisiana Are You? 🧐
I got 32 out of 32 but honestly I think there's a few missing... Ducks and geese, Armadillo, 7 kinds of fish, Nutria, etc etc
1. Crawfish-yes
2. Boudin- yes
3. Alligator- yes
4. Deer- yes
5. Shrimp- yes
6. Cornbread- Yes
7. Hog Head Cheese- yes
8. Collard Greens- yes
9. Mustard Greens - yes
10. Chitterlings- yes
11. Oysters- yes
12. Fried Chicken- Yes
13. Etoufee- yes
14. Jambalaya- yes
15. Dirty Rice-Yes
16. Frog Legs- yep
17. Squirrel- yep
18. Rabbit- yes
19. Rice and gravy-Yes
20. Cornstarch- roux - yep
21. Biscuits and gravy- yes
22. Liver cheese- yep
23.Chicken and dumplings-yes
24. Smothered cabbage- yes
25. Onion blossoms- yep
26. King cake- Yes
27. Cracklins- yes
28. Gumbo- Yes
29. Smothered Okra- yes
30. Boiled peanuts- yes
31. Crabs- yes
32. Catfish- Yes
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Re: How Southern Louisiana are you???

Post by HARRIS »

I, HAVE STANDARDS ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:33 am
How Louisiana Are You? 🧐
I got 32 out of 32 but honestly I think there's a few missing... Ducks and geese, Armadillo, 7 kinds of fish, Nutria, etc etc

I got 3 Johnny. :lmao: :cheers:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

7 of them that I have never had or don't like. You are correct that it is missing some things, Opossum and Raccoon need to be added to your list.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Digger
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Road Star

Post by Digger »

We Canadians don't even know what half that stuff is! :lmao:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Digger wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:59 pm
We Canadians don't even know what half that stuff is! :lmao:
Same here downunder - I got about 5 but I might have had more if I knew what the hell they all were :lmao:

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

the answer is .."Do you put tomatoes in your gumbo"????
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

ARE YOU FROM TEXAS?
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

And now to explain what the names are listed on the original post

1. Crawfish:Image
Crayfish are freshwater crustaceans belonging to the clade Astacidea, which also contains lobsters. In some locations, they are also known as baybugs, crabfish, craws, crawfish, crawdaddies, crawdads, freshwater lobsters, mountain lobsters, mudbugs, rock lobsters, signal crawfish, or yabbies.

2. Boudin: What Is Boudin?
Boudin (pronounced "BOO-dan," at least in Cajun country) is a cooked sausage made from pork meat and rice, plus various vegetables and seasonings, all stuffed in a natural pork casing.
Traditional boudin features pork liver and/or pork heart along with scraps of pork meat from just about any part of the hog. The meat is first simmered, and then drained and ground up. The ground meat is heavily seasoned and combined with vegetables such as onions, celery and bell peppers, plus cooked rice, to produce the filling, which just happens to be, essentially, a dish known as pork dirty rice.
The next step is to take the cooked dirty rice and stuff it into a natural pork sausage casing (made from pig's intestine), then twist it into links and cook it, either by steaming, simmering, smoking or grilling.

3,4,5. Alligator, Deer and Shrimp should be self explanatory

6. Cornbread Duh!
Ingredients
1 tablespoon real butter
¼ cup finely chopped seeded jalapeños
¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
¼ cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
¾ cup sugar ( you can use dietary substitutes )
½ cup milk
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups medium-grind cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
4 large eggs (lightly beaten)

7. Hog Head Cheese: Image
Head cheese (Dutch: hoofdkaas) or brawn is a cold cut terrine or meat jelly that originated in Europe[where?]. It is made with flesh from the head of a calf or pig (less commonly a sheep or cow), typically set in aspic, and usually eaten cold, at room temperature, or in a sandwich. Despite its name the dish is not a cheese and contains no dairy products. The parts of the head used vary, and may include the tongue and sometimes the feet and heart but do not commonly include the brain, eyes or ears. Trimmings from more commonly eaten cuts of pork and veal are often used, with gelatin added as a binder.

8. Collard Greens: Image
Collards are vegetables that have large green leaves and tough stems, which are removed before eating. The leafy parts that we eat are called "collard greens." They're closely related to cabbage, kale, and mustard greens and are prepared in similar ways.

9. Mustard Greens:Image
Mustard greens are peppery-tasting greens that come from the mustard plant (Brassica juncea L.) (1Trusted Source).
Also known as brown mustard, vegetable mustard, Indian mustard, and Chinese mustard, mustard greens are members of the Brassica genus of vegetables. This genus also includes kale, collard greens, broccoli, and cauliflower (2, 3Trusted Source).
There are several varieties, which are usually green and have a strong bitter, spicy flavor.
To make them more palatable, these leafy greens are typically enjoyed boiled, steamed, stir-fried, or even pickled.

10. Chitterlings:Image
Chitterlings, sometimes spelled chitlins or chittlins, are the small intestines of domestic animals. They are usually made from pigs' intestines. They may also be filled with a forcemeat to make sausage. Intestine from other animals, such as beef, lamb, and goat is also used for making chitterling.

To be continued..........

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

CAJUN FOOD ... ANYTHING THAT COULDN'T OUT RUN THE COOK ... ANY PART TOO !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We do draw the line with road kill however! :ShitGrinandThumb: :cheers:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

11. Oysters AND 12. Fried chicken Self explanatory

13. Étouffée or etouffee (French: [e.tu.fe], English: /ˌeɪtuːˈfeɪ/ AY-too-FAY) is a dish found in both Cajun and Creole cuisine typically served with shellfish over rice. The dish employs a technique known as smothering, a popular method of cooking in the Cajun and Creole areas of southwest Louisiana. Étouffée is most popular in New Orleans and in the Acadiana region of the southernmost half of Louisiana as well as the coastal counties of Mississippi, Alabama, northern Florida, and eastern Texas

14. Jambalaya: A spicy jambalaya with chicken, andouille sausage, rice, and Cajun seasonings that's easy to make in one pot.

15. Dirty rice: Dirty Rice recipe is a popular Cajun dish made with white rice that becomes “dirty” in color when cooked with beef, sausage, chicken, veggies and spices. It’s made in just one pot and is a hearty, flavorful meal everyone will love!

16.Frog legs 17. Squirrell 18.Rabbit 19. Rice and gravy Again, self-explanatory.

20. Cornstarch-roux: Roux (/ˈruː/) is a mixture of flour and fat cooked together and used to thicken sauces.[1] Roux is typically made from equal parts of flour and fat by weight.[2] The flour is added to the melted fat or oil on the stove top, blended until smooth, and cooked to the desired level of brownness. A roux can be white, blond (darker) or brown. Butter, bacon drippings or lard are commonly used fats. Roux is used as a thickening agent for gravy, sauces, soups and stews. It provides the base for a dish, and other ingredients are added after the roux is completed.

To be continued