Thinking about

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Thinking about

Post by Tbeck »

I'm thinking about buying a 14' fishing kayak with a built in trolling motor and sit on top adjustable seats
I like to fish, but just as important is another activity for me and the wife to enjoy. Since we live just a few miles from presquile state park and have access to the bays and lake, I thought it might be a good activity.
Now before someone says buy a boat, I have two at my disposal anytime I want to go boating ( younger brother has 2). I thought the kayak might be more relaxing to do with my wife.

Anyone own a tandem kayak that might have some input?

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Re: Thinking about

Post by tabasco »

No, but I can see the attraction. When my pop up trailer finally goes to the bone yard, I want to go camping with a big tent, and just pull my little utility trailer, with extra "stuff" on it ... and I could see a kayak being part of that.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

tabasco wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:25 am
No, but I can see the attraction. When my pop up trailer finally goes to the bone yard, I want to go camping with a big tent, and just pull my little utility trailer, with extra "stuff" on it ... and I could see a kayak being part of that. Have fun.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Tim, I went ahead and got it. I couldn't beat the price at 45% off. There's no doubt in my mind that it's going to get a bunch of use for fishing and just recreational paddling.
It is long at 14' so I ordered a bed extender for my truck, and of course a couple life jackets. The only additional item will be a kayak trolley for getting it to and from the water. It'll relieve me of having to drag a 100lb kayak.
https://brooklynkayakcompany.com/produc ... ling-motor

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

What a coincidence, I built a boat for trolling also.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

BoDog wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:09 pm
What a coincidence, I built a boat for trolling also.

:ShitGrin:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Nice Chief :ShitGrinandThumb:

Wife and I have been out twice since it arrived last Friday, love it. We paddled back into the lagoon this morning,out into misery bay and back around to the marina via the bay. The 2' rollers in the bay were a blast.