The Moon !

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

The Moon !

Post by Designer »

For those who are Stargazers, there will be something worth viewing in the night sky in two days!

A Super Blue Moon will brighten the sky this Wednesday,....it will be fullest at 9:36 p.m, and,...the planet Saturn will be visible as well.

Why this is special is that a Super Blue Moon is a rare site to see, they happen once every ten years, on average....and it's called "asuper" because the moon is REAL close to Earth in it's orbit! (at Perigee)

If you guys recall my pervious Celestial Thread, the first blue moon of this month, reached its peak on August 1, named the “Sturgeon Moon,”

The name "Blue Moon" doesn’t come from the moon’s color, but refers to two full moons appearing in one month.

This phenomenon occurs because the moon’s full cycle is little less than the average calendar month. ( occurs in 29.5 days ).
So,...eventually, enough time will elapse where two full moons will happen in the same month.

Thus,...only 3 percent of full moons are blue moons.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: The Moon !

Post by sgtcall »

Ever hear of the 13 month calendar, it is a better fit to the actual cycles of the moon and the sun and was used for centuries by many cultures. Some people want to bring it back. It would even do things like planning events easier, for example a given date of the month would always be a set day of the week (Tuesday is the 10th in every month). There is a good reason this could be helpful especially in the logistics world.

"The 13-month, 28-day alternative has been in use on this planet for more than 6000 years. In prehistoric India and China, and throughout South America it was the standard time-keeping system. The Essenes, Egyptians, Polynesians, Maya, Inca, Lakota, and Cherokee used a 13-month, 28-day calendar. The Celtic knowledge of the Druids is based on the Tree Calendar, also a 13-month, 28-day calendar. Today many cultures are still using their traditional 13-month calendar system."

Here is a good read on the subject.
https://www.rd.com/article/internationa ... -calendar/
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The Moon !

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

It was really beautiful last night. Didn’t show until later. Went out to feed my birds their morning feed and it was about 20 degrees up in the eastern sky. Really bright
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"