Post by tabasco »

Left to right:

my reflection in window taking pic
Click
? reflection in window
Bob (bonz, BBD) reflection in window
One of Click's chickens, LOL.
Roadking (Tom Farino).

That was 2013, when I met Roadking in person. I saw him one other time after that at Toymakers.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Re: Roadking

Post by BoDog »

God I hate to hear this. Five years ago he drove from upstate New York all the way to the middle of New Mexico to pick up a puppy from me.
He was a super nice guy and I really enjoyed spending the day with him. I had a nice photo of me, him and the puppy, but I can’t find it. I did, however find a picture of the puppy had picked up. Her name was Shine and he loved that dog.
She got sick about a year after he got her. Tom spent a fortune on her at the animal hospital trying to keep her alive, but she passed away. He was heartbroken.

This picture is for you, Tom. Here is your Shine. I’m sure she was there waiting for you.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

BoDog wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:47 pm
God I hate to hear this. Five years ago he drove from upstate New York all the way to the middle of New Mexico to pick up a puppy from me.
He was a super nice guy and I really enjoyed spending the day with him. I had a nice photo of me, him and the puppy, but I can’t find it. I did, however find a picture of the puppy had picked up. Her name was Shine and he loved that dog.
She got sick about a year after he got her. Tom spent a fortune on her at the animal hospital trying to keep her alive, but she passed away. He was heartbroken.
Thanks for posting BoDog
I was hoping someone would post something positive of the man "RoadKing" Other then he loved Harleys and loved his rottweilers

Tabasco posted a picture of Tom and he looks like a really super nice person that enjoyed life and the company of others
Here on the forums sometimes i was on his good side but mostly it seemed I was on his bad side
His passing was sudden and he will be missed
If only by his pups he will be missed Im sure he enjoyed the ride

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Well said FA. I was probably more on his bad side but the whole "the only bikes are Harleys" thing was probably too easy a target.

That said he told some interesting stories in an intelligent manner - and that side of him was always engaging. I remember telling him he should post more of his stories but I guess he wasn't up for too much of that. It's a shame that a lot of those stories will never be told now but that's probably the fate for most of us.

RIP again RK. Hope all those old dogs you loved are waiting for you too.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Thanks BoDog, for posting another story about Tom,...RoadKing,....and his love of Dogs. :space: I didn't know about how devoted he was to the Golden Retriever-looking Dog that you gave him,...Shine. :space: Might you have any pictures of his Rottweilers?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

FallenAngel wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:23 pm
i was on his good side but mostly it seemed I was on his bad side
yah, me, too. God bless him; rest in peace. But, I could never get along with him. He was antagonistic .. I guess he enjoyed that. Fine with me.

98VS1400
Site Admin
My Bike: None of your business

Post by 98VS1400 »

Tom was a nice, kind, and even funny man but it took work to get him to open up. I joked with him about coming for a visit for a good long while before actually riding up to NY from Florida. I don’t think he believed I would do it but when I did, he was far more than hospitable. He opened his home to me and we talked for many hours during the 2 days I stayed with him. I always promised him I’d come back but life seemed to always have other plans.

He did indeed live his dogs. His BIG dogs. His BIG dogs who loved to sit on your LAP on the couch! I’m gonna miss Tom. He would keep you on your toes and he would have no patience for any joking around about him. I can’t remember how many times I pissed him off and would need to smooth it over privately. He brashness online was a form of protection I think because he was actually a very sensitive person and from my experience, he would give you the shirt off his back. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Take it easy, Tom.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

98VS1400 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:05 am
Tom was a nice, kind, and even funny man ...

I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Take it easy, Tom.

'nuff said. :rag:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

Cuban wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:03 am
98VS1400 wrote:

Take it easy, Tom.

I have nothing bad to say about Roadking ... wouldn't be acceptable to do so after his passing anyway. I just opine that I could not get along with him on the board. Like Ninjato (Lan) on the purple board. But, I rode many miles with Lan, and had some good times with him in real life. It is what it is, some folks really like to opine and bust 'em online. Doesn't really matter; I don't come here for affirmation. I prayed that Tom is at peace now ...about all I can do.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

It saddens me to read about the passing of RK. May he rest in peace

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

98VS1400 wrote:
Take it easy, Tom.
Cuban wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:03 am
tabasco wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:11 pm
I have nothing bad to say about Roadking ... wouldn't be acceptable to do so after his passing anyway. I just opine that I could not get along with him on the board. Like Ninjato (Lan) on the purple board. But, I rode many miles with Lan, and had some good times with him in real life. It is what it is, some folks really like to opine and bust 'em online. Doesn't really matter; I don't come here for affirmation. I prayed that Tom is at peace now ...about all I can do.

I hear ya Tom. I only knew him from the forums, and I both liked him and was confused by him. His online persona was a conundrum. At least to me anyway. RiP Roadking, wherever you are. :rag:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

Cuban wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:32 am

I hear ya Tom. I only knew him from the forums, and I both liked him and was confused by him. His online persona was a conundrum. At least to me anyway. RiP Roadking, wherever you are. :rag:
Yeah, thanks. RK seemed to enjoy a noticeable presence on the board. It's all good. His post on another recent thread will make me hope he's in a better place when winter comes. I think he was in a lot of pain that he didn't talk about.
RoadKing wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:15 am
When I was a kid Summer Solstice meant zilch. But now? Scares me. Means shorter daylight. Here it comes again… winter.