Short story.

Keep it civil
Levenhawks
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki volusia

Short story.

Post by Levenhawks »

Back a few years ago I went on a road trip in a cage with my daughter and grandson. While loading the truck with all the necessary things to make a road trip somehow I hurt my back. I’m not a young man anymore. While driving I really didn’t notice any signs of pain. But when we stopped for the night I could barely walk. My back was all juked up. So my daughter being the sweet woman she is told me the next morning that she would do the driving. I sat in agony while a salonpas burned a hole in my back. I don’t know if anybody here has ever traveled up I 55 northbound somewhere between Arkansas and St Louis but I would believe many have. While going up that stretch, if you have ever been, you know that there is absolutely nothing to see. So I thought if I could find something to look at it would make the trip a little bit better. If I remember right it was late fall with nothing to look at. At some point in time I saw a hawk on a power line. It gave me an idea that I would count hawks.
So that’s what I did. One— two- three and so on. When I had got to 11 hawks I just had to stop and reflect on that for awhile.
That was the day that I decided that if and when I ever joined another forum that would be my handle.
So levenhawks it was and is.
Oh, there were more hawks. But I stopped counting. I really can’t see me calling myself turdyhawks or fartyhawks.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Short story.

Post by Designer »

Or,...if you also saw a cat,.....it could beeeee, :uhh: .........brace yourself,.........here it comes! :space: :ahha:

KITTY HAWK! :space: :ShitGrin:

:jester:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

LUCKILY THEY WEREN'T VULTURES ... FOLLOWING U
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Inspiration comes from many sources...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

As long as the destination is some place you want to be makes the road trip in a cage worthwhile..
For many years now we travel north west for our annual opening days north zone dove hunt to a small hole in the wall in Rule, Texas population around 450 if you count the hitch hikers.
It's a long 550 miles from Cajun land to Rule and I've always hated going in the truck... I've been this way on two wheels a few times going to points west and a couple of DS&T's and it's a much better trip on the bike even though it's the same route..
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Unless it is snowing hard almost any trip is better on a bike... :ShitGrinandThumb:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.