It's good to see...

Keep it civil
Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

It's good to see...

Post by Cuban »

Now that the world's youngest, most famous climate activist has graduated, it's good to see that she has decided to keep fighting for the planet. She's not one to remain silent, so I'd guess she's well on her way to becoming a sort of global hero. There should be a statue of her somewhere. Perhaps there already is? They should put a really big one up in the middle of a wind farm. Go little Greta! :ShitGrinandThumb:

:rock:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: It's good to see...

Post by Designer »

And now,....for a lesson on THE TRUTH;

Cooling the Heat on Climate
By Anthony J. DeBlasi October 1, 2023

Warming and cooling, warming and cooling, warming and cooling has been a repeating pattern of earth’s climate in the tens of thousands of years of recent geologic history.

I learned of these cycles and of the interglacial periods between them when I studied geology at Brooklyn College. I have learned, too, of the fluctuating mini-cycles of earth temperature changes within a major swing. Whether the earth is entering another Ice Age, as1970s doomsayers alarmed the public with, or is still warming from the last global “chill,” must be predicated on reliable weather data assembled from very wide sampling and connected over very long periods of time.:space: The assumption that all the relevant data regarding mini-cycles needed to arrive at a comprehensive and intelligent analysis could even be gathered, let alone assembled, to establish a long-range trend is false to begin with. In common parlance, this is known as guessing.

That global warming is caused by CO2 is another shot in the dark, since a global so-called “greenhouse effect” attributed to CO2 cannot be finally established, let alone form the basis for attempting to control a gas that is in fact essential to life.

No one can seriously deny that climate changes. It always has. But so-called “climate change denying” is a phony political smear term. Those at the receiving end of this accusation justifiably cry foul against politically branded “climate change” policy that calls for fleecing the public and subjecting millions (billions?) of people to extreme hardship and possible starvation. And for what? A miniscule rise in temperature since the last Ice Age?

To design programs, allocate funds, and recruit labor and resources toward averting a climate-change disaster based on guessing is hugely ridiculous, unless it be to leverage political power through alarmist politics.

Who can seriously deny that climate alarmists have been wrong in their predictions over and over and over again, within a single century? Blame this not on computer modelling per se but on computer modelers who keep forgetting or ignoring the GIGO factor (Garbage In, Garbage Out) in any computer model that uses incomplete or faulty data, which guarantees a flawed output.

Reporting anecdotes and hearsay as facts about the climate has become routine journalism in recent years – oh, like claiming that “climate change” is being caused by unusually hot summers, flooding disasters, earthquakes, you-name-it, all of which are repetitions of similar events over a span of centuries. Today’s weather anomalies are as much proof of “climate change” as leaning on a weak and cracking wall that collapses is proof of an earthquake in progress.

I happen to be a gardener who has kept a sharp eye on the weather. This led me in 1963 to research temperature extremes in and around New York City from 1872 to 1963.:space: I discovered that every year broke temperature records except 1877 and 1958, and in 4 out of 5 years both highs and lows were broken. My 9-decades-long survey of temperature anomalies around New York City told me that extreme temperature fluctuations are a constant of New York City weather. (What a surprise!) But to use such incomplete data as I assembled to feed an analysis of long-term temperature “averages” in any particular region is to oversimplify the problem, to say the least. It is just such simplicity that we must not accept in analyzing long-range climate.
The mischief of myopic viewing of weather patterns – extended to climate – was the subject of a Senate floor speech delivered by Senator James Inhofe in 2006:

“Climate alarmists and their advocates in the media have continued to ignore the fact that the Little Ice Age, which resulted in harsh winters which froze New York Harbor and caused untold deaths, ended about 1850. So trying to prove man-made global warming by comparing the well-known fact that today's temperatures are warmer than during the Little Ice Age [1300-1850] is akin to comparing summer to winter to show a catastrophic temperature trend...It is very simplistic to feign horror and say the one degree Fahrenheit temperature increase during the 20th century [following the end of the Little Ice Age] means we are all doomed.

..[And while] man-made CO2 emissions rose sharply, the temperatures began a decline that lasted until...the 1970’s, prompting the media and many scientists to fear a coming ice age. Let me repeat, temperatures got colder after CO2 emissions exploded. If CO2 is the driving force of global climate change, why do so many in the media ignore the many skeptical scientists who cite these rather obvious inconvenient truths?” [Full text of speech here.]

Since it is rarely mentioned, it ought to be stated now and frequently that CO2 is not a gas that only comes from burning fossil fuels. It is also a gas that we all eliminate when we exhale, which is taken up by plants for their growth. Plants in turn release oxygen as their “waste gas.” When have you heard of this essential cycling between CO2 and oxygen in the mainstream media? (It makes me sometimes quip: “You want to reduce your carbon footprint? Stop breathing.”)

Climate change alarmism is ironically leading to a growing skepticism, a sign I think that its doomsday scenario is headed for a doomsday of its own making.:space: The great falsehood that there is scientific consensus on climate change condemns the alarmist projection of a looming climate disaster to the proverbial dustbin of history.

Most Americans know when their intelligence is being insulted and won’t buy the hysteria being pushed over climate change by global warming fanatics.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Greta is an idiot. All she is doing is profiting from a bullshit concept.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

tyrant
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1400

Post by tyrant »

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:36 am
Greta is an idiot. All she is doing is profiting from a bullshit concept.
As are ALL the "disciples" who believe what she says. :rock:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Cuban wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:52 am
Now that the world's youngest, most famous climate activist has graduated, it's good to see that she has decided to keep fighting for the planet. She's not one to remain silent, so I'd guess she's well on her way to becoming a sort of global hero. There should be a statue of her somewhere. Perhaps there already is? They should put a really big one up in the middle of a wind farm. Go little Greta! :ShitGrinandThumb:

:rock:
You're stirring the pot aren'tcha. :ShitGrin:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Naw,...he's just posting the stupid shit he believes in because he's a Glutton for Punishment.

tyrant
Passed the Circle Test

Post by tyrant »

Designer wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:36 pm
Naw,...he's just posting the stupid shit he believes in because he's a Glutton for Punishment.

To me, you seem like the poster boy for irony.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: :space: Says THE one who epitomizes that which he speaks of.:space: :wink:

tyrant
Passed the Circle Test

Post by tyrant »

Designer wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:21 pm
:funnylast: :space: Says THE one who epitomizes that which he speaks of.:space: :wink:
we could widen the gap, make it more conductive ...

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

I figured out why cuban posted the Bullshit about his,... "climate crusader" little bitch.

His panties are all in a wad over this;

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9343&start=479
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=385
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13897&start=395

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

tyrant wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:39 pm
To me, you seem like the poster boy for irony.

Good to see you ty. :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Cuban wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:49 am
Good to see you ty. :cheers:
I bet you won't say this about what this Article points out about your little climate screaming..."global hero" :space: :naughty:

“How Dare You!” – Five Years Ago Today, Climate Change Hoaxer Greta Thunberg Said the World Would End
By Jim Hoft Jun. 21, 2023

Today marks the anniversary of a doomsday prediction made by then-15-year-old climate change hoaxer Greta Thunberg.

On June 21, 2018, she made a bold claim on Twitter, stating that humanity had a narrow five-year window to stop the use of fossil fuels or face inevitable extinction.

“A top climate scientist is warning that climate change will wipe out all of humanity unless we stop using fossil fuels over the next five years.”
Thunberg shared a now-deleted Grit Post article by Scott Alden citing a prediction from James Anderson, a professor of atmospheric chemistry at Harvard University, titled, “Top Climate Scientist: Humans Will Go Extinct if We Don’t Fix Climate Change by 2023.”

The article was shared 12.5k before it was deleted.

Cuban wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:52 am
Now that the world's youngest, most famous climate activist has graduated, it's good to see that she has decided to keep fighting for the planet. She's not one to remain silent, so I'd guess she's well on her way to becoming a sort of global hero. There should be a statue of her somewhere. Perhaps there already is? They should put a really big one up in the middle of a wind farm. Go little Greta!

Yeah,...your little "global hero".... SURE IS ..."most famous"...alrighty,....FOR BEING A HUGE LIAR!! :space: :lmao:

Looks like she would have been smarter to have,..."remained silent"......like you will do about what I just posted after reading this message. :wink:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:blink: :shock: :eek:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

navigator wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:33 am
:blink: :shock: :eek:
+ 1
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

bassman
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by bassman »

Just to clarify one thing DESIGNER, none of those statements you post say the world will end by 2023. What they're saying is that if we don't reverse our present trend by 2023 it will be too late to stop the inevitable and we will slow change the world's climate to one mankind cannot live in anymore. Whether we are contributing mightily to this eventual change in the planet or not is inconsequential since it is coming and the time for us to do a big part toward those changes is rapidly being passed.

I wonder if Greta and all those protesters rode bicycles to that demonstration.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

bassman wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:24 pm
Just to clarify one thing DESIGNER, none of those statements you post say the world will end by 2023.
And in respectful response,...I don't recall my saying that,...nor did I say that's what they said.
bassman wrote:
......What they're saying is that if we don't reverse our present trend by 2023 it will be too late to stop the inevitable and we will slow change the world's climate to one mankind cannot live in anymore.

What is clear is that there is no solid evidence showing that Human-kind actions are the driver of whatever climate change is happening. :space: And that as of 2023,..we humans can ..." stop the inevitable"...as you say. As you should know, these "climate crisis" screamers claims/predictions have a PROVEN history of being wrong. :space: Notice?....greta deleted the article she touted after it was called out for the falsehood prediction it is....why IF it is factually correct?

The earths climate is ALWAYS changing...Regardless of what humans do. :space: To add some broader perspective, there has been huge warming spell in recent centuries that cannot possibly have been affected/driven by humans.

Furthermore,...there is no scientific proof that eliminating "fossil fuels" will have an effect on the direction the climate is moving in..... :dunno:

Best to ignore your religious refences.... all such is off topic to what was posted by cuban, myself and all others herein.

bassman
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by bassman »

Designer wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:45 pm
Best to ignore your religious refences.... all such is off topic to what was posted by cuban, myself and all others herein.
Okay, I deleted it.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Okay. :space: :blink: :space: Not asked for, but you can do as you please. :space: :dunno:

Now that it's done, we are back to the discussion of what I said about greta,....her deleting the article after several years,...why she did so...and her being a liar.

What say you about that? :space: :Umm:

BTW,....interesting to note...cuban was back online here on Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:06 am....and read my message about his,..."hero"...greta and her lying, and all.

Take note....he posted nothing,...his Silence about that subject matter is just as I predicted he would.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

bassman wrote:

I wonder if Greta and all those protesters rode bicycles to that demonstration.
ebikes, of course. :rag: