My Bike: Sportsters

This was interesting

Post by MattSunn »

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: This was interesting

Post by Herb »

Article mentioned in the comments from the above link.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... es-exit-us
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Here's more on the delusional fantasy that wind power REALLY is;

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -cost-50bn

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Mattsunn, it's interesting but in reality we should already know what the editorial presents
This ponzi scheme as he put it isn't anything new and it isn't a democrat or Barack Obama idea. This has been going on for a lot longer than he is giving credit
The 1960's it was converting coal to natural gas. In the 70's it was glass to plastic's, and the 90's it was eliminating cfc's and swapping to different refrigerants .
The reality is that the government (not just ours) is constantly manipulating the marketplace to increase economic outputs. Creating new employment opportunities, new technologies, etc....all using taxpayers dollars. Rarely if ever will we see a good return for those tax dollars.
A good example that nobody ever complains about is our space programs. Trillions spent with no return. But it does create jobs, promotes and develops new technologies, etc...which is good for the economy. Does it have negative environmental costs? Do a search on the amount of space junk floating around the planet, and the problems associated with it. But dammit we like our cable tv and internet :ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Yes,...The Reality of what Article represents the lies, misguidance and malfeasance of the proponents of off-shore wind industry is doing.

All this babble about...."it no being new"....is totally irrelevant to the topic of offshore wind and the LIES told us about it....and contributes nothing to this discussion of this current, seriously destructive, issue.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Now,....let's get back On Topic to what Mattsunn has posted about;

Offshore Wind Firm Cancels N.J. Projects, as Industry’s Prospects Dim
Denmark’s Orsted said it would be forced to write off as much as $5.6 billion as wind developers in the U.S. faced wrenching financing costs.

By Stanley Reed and Tracey Tully Nov. 1, 2023
Plans to build two wind farms off the coast of New Jersey were scrapped, the company behind them said on Wednesday.

The move, which will force Orsted, a Danish company, to write off as much as $5.6 billion, will crimp the Biden administration’s plans to make the wind industry a critical component of plans to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. High inflation and soaring interest rates are making planned projects that looked like winners several years ago no longer profitable.

The two projects, known as Ocean Wind 1 and 2, were destined to provide green energy to New Jersey. Mr. Nipper said Orsted thought that losses on the New Jersey projects would rise over time, so “the only sensible thing is to draw a line in the sand.”Overall, the Biden administration wants to install 30 gigawatts of wind power in the United States by 2030, and officials in New Jersey had been aiming to produce 11 gigawatts by 2040.

Offshore wind and other parts of the renewable industry have hit some snags in Europe, especially in Britain.
Orsted is writing off 28.4 billion krone, or about $4 billion, now. The company estimates that it may take another charge of up to 11 billion krone later in the year.

Orsted is not alone in encountering hazards in the fledgling offshore market in the United States.

On Tuesday, BP, the London-based energy giant, said it would write down $540 million on three planned wind projects off New York, after the state authorities declined to renegotiate their terms. BP says it is assessing future plans for the projects in light of the decision. Consumers will also probably pay more in their electric bills for power generated from offshore wind, as developers demand higher prices and protection from inflation.

New York State declined in October to renegotiate existing offshore wind power contracts, but a subsequent auction awarded deals to supply power at significantly higher prices and with various provisions to protect the developers from inflation.

Still, there is little question that the confluence of challenges that Mr. Nipper characterized as a “perfect storm” is weighing down an industry that governments are counting on to produce large volumes of clean and relatively cheap electricity to tackle climate change.

Orsted’s problems are not occurring in a vacuum. Siemens Energy, a large German maker of electric power equipment, recently said it was seeking government help to finance guarantees for orders and forecast large losses because of problems in its wind turbine unit, Siemens Gamesa.

The projects had become politically charged in New Jersey, opposed by many residents of the Jersey Shore concerned about tourism revenue and marred ocean vistas, and fishermen worried about the impact on their livelihoods. When Orsted broke ground in September in Ocean City, N.J., workers were greeted by roughly 60 protesters, including six who were arrested after refusing police orders to move back.

Jeff Tittel, a longtime New Jersey environmental advocate and former director of the Sierra Club’s state chapter, said Orsted’s pullout was a considerable setback for the state’s efforts to generate more green energy.

“There’s really not a Plan B right now,” he said. “It’s a political disaster.”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

"Still, there is little question that the confluence of challenges that Mr. Nipper characterized as a “perfect storm” is weighing down an industry that governments are counting on to produce large volumes of clean and relatively cheap electricity to tackle climate change."

And that idea is a lie. There is nothing clean or cheap about wind energy. Besides, they destroy the natural beauty of the world.

I don't know how many here remember Lady Bird but she had a campaign to do away with billboards because they hid the countryside. Used to be we had a whole bunch of signs about what towns/businesses were ahead. Now we haven't a clue about what food/lodging/fuel/etc is coming up but the landscape is covered in windmills and solar panels...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sorry little Designer not taking the bait and taking another post to the toilet.
This is as mattsunn put it an interesting topic worth discussion and without the drama.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Sorry timmy,...but that is not.."bait".

It is just plain...FACT.

You are just too butthurt to accept that. :dunno:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

:Cool: :dunno: :DULL;

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

What I really find interesting is that the issues with off shore windfarms are being presented here solely as an American issue - and in particular with the Dems being the villians.

Green energy and wind farms are global concepts that are not confined to the USA - the idea that it is an agenda for one political party in one country just makes the editorial look like rubbish.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Oh no don't say that hillsy. The FACT as we've been ASSURED is an American political issue created by Obama and continued by Biden. The rest of the world and market's aren't part of this at all. :lmao: :lmao:

The REALLY sad part is "someone" posted it's FACT for the entire world to see. I'd want to crawl under a rock if I posted something so stupid.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Laughable. :funnylast:

Timmy posts yet another personal attack.....ever failing to see that is so-called..."observations"... .about my article displays a myopic viewpoint of it and it's content. It brought the issues mentioned in Mattsunn's Article closer to home, AND further substantiates what Mattsunn's article says. :dunno:

And when I had pointed out that his first message herein derails the discussion of what Mattsunn posted..
Designer wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:38 am
Yes,...The Reality of what Article represents the lies, misguidance and malfeasance of the proponents of off-shore wind industry is doing.

All this babble about...."it no being new"....is totally irrelevant to the topic of offshore wind and the LIES told us about it....and contributes nothing to this discussion of this current, seriously destructive, issue.
......he gets his panties-in-a wad and posts more of it. :lmao:

Laughable. :wink:

:Cool:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

The only thing LAUGHABLE is that you buy into the BS that's fed to simple minded individuals that obviously have no reasoning skills. :Cool:

But hey if you want to continue being a laughing stick, be my guest

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:57 am
The only thing LAUGHABLE is that you buy into the BS that's fed to simple minded individuals that obviously have no reasoning skills.
More of the "timmy-wiggle"! :funnylast:
This ASS-essment of yours is just your desperate attempt to evade discussion of the points that were made.

Why?

Because you cannot counter them. :space: :dunno:

So,...once AGAIN,...we see timmy's words befit HIM rather exactly!
Tbeck wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:57 am
.....But hey if you want to continue being a laughing stick, be my guest

Oh,...just one more thing....Image

It is laughing STOCK,....not stick.

More evidence your mental acuity is lacking. :wink: :space: :space: Wear your Moniker Well,...timmy.

:Cool:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:39 pm
The REALLY sad part is "someone" posted it's FACT for the entire world to see. I'd want to crawl under a rock if I posted something so stupid.
:lolfall:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Cuban wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:11 am
Tbeck wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:39 pm
:lolfall:
Apparently "someone" can't read my previous message.

Had he done so,...that "someone" wouldn't have posted such as he just did. :space: :wink:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Another interesting point is how cost is always brought up when the anti green crowd step up on the soapbox. The whole point is about reducing emissions - cost should just be an arbitrary concept around this.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

No,...cost is just as important a factor as is it with anything that is being invested in..

Especially since the agenda of the push for the so-called 'green energy' is based on a false narrative.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

The "GW/CC/GC/whatever they can think of crowd are like high pressurere used car salesmen (person), a whole lot of hype and "gotta do this now" but little of substance.