HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET ...

Keep it civil
HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET ...

Post by HARRIS »

On Dec. 7, 1941, the Empire of Japan launched an air raid on the U.S. Navy base at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii as well as targets in Malaya, Hong Kong,

Guam, the Philippines and Wake Island; the United States declared war against Japan the next day.
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET ...

Post by Herb »

HARRIS wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:36 am
On Dec. 7, 1941, the Empire of Japan launched an air raid on the U.S. Navy base at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii as well as targets in Malaya, Hong Kong,

Guam, the Philippines and Wake Island; the United States declared war against Japan the next day.
My flag went to half mast at sunrise...

Never forget.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I get a daily trivia question. Today's question was about the day and time of the attack. 16% of the people answering got it wrong even though the 4 possible answers only had ONE that was a Sunday.

I hope that the the ones that got it wrong are people in another country...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Probably not Herb. Most folks don't have a very strong historical recollection unless it's something they care about. WWII is ever present in our generations memories, but not as much for the general population below the age of 40. It was our grandfather's, uncle's, father's fighting in that war so it means more to us.