CHECK THIS GUY OUT

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

CHECK THIS GUY OUT

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

"For 13 thousand US dollars, Englishman Brendon Grimshaw bought a tiny uninhabited island in the Seychelles and moved there. When Grimshaw was in his forties, he quit his job as a newspaper editor and started a new life.
By this time no human had set foot on the island for 50 years. As befits a real Robinson, Brendon found himself a companion from among the natives of Seychelles — René Lafortin. Together with Rene, Brendon began to equip his new home. While René came to the island only occasionally, Brendon lived on it for decades by himself, never leaving.
For 39 years, Grimshaw and Lafortin planted 16 thousand trees with their own hands and built almost 5 kilometers of tracks. In 2007, Rene Lafortin died, and Brendon was left all alone on the island.
At age 81 he attracted 2,000 new bird species to the island and introduced more than a hundred giant tortoises, where around the world (including the Seychelles) were already on the verge of extinction. Thanks to Grimshaw's efforts, the once deserted island now hosts two-thirds of the Seychelles' fauna. An abandoned piece of land has turned into a real paradise.
The prince of Saudi Arabia offered Brendon Grimshaw $50 million for the island, but he refused. “I don’t want the island to become a favorite vacation spot for the rich. Better let it be a national park that everyone can enjoy.”
And he achieved just that. In 2008 the island was declared a national park. At age 87 Brendon passed away and was buried there, on the island."
{Original author unknown. Edits by Laron as it needed editing. Photo of Grimshaw from a 2012 article about Grimshaw on the Daily Mail which I posted a link to in the comments along with a Wiki link about the island.}

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: CHECK THIS GUY OUT

Post by Tbeck »

Neat :ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: CHECK THIS GUY OUT

Post by Designer »

That is someone who really did something GREAT with their life.

Thanks for these good tidbits of history, Suzuki Johnny.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!