10 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles With The Best Resale Value

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

10 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles With The Best Resale Value

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Something Road King might have posted

The name Harley-Davidson has been a synonym for premium motorcycles for a long time now. The Milwaukee firm has earned its legendary status through a century of ups and downs. What remained a constant throughout was the series of competent motorcycles leaving its production lines. The fact that Harley-Davidson was the top motorcycle manufacturer in the US in 2022, being the only company with well over 20% market share, testifies to this. It's no wonder then that bikes made by Harley-Davidson are in huge demand in the country around the year. Interestingly, this demand outnumbers the supply by a huge margin. Thanks to this, the resale values of numerous Harley-Davidson models often top the used market charts.

Here, we pick the 10 Harley-Davidson motorcycles with the best resale value.
We have put together this list using the estimated trade-in value of sports bikes as listed on Kelley Blue Book.

Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide
Starting MSRP: $42,999
Hailed as the gold standard for Grand Touring motorcycles, the 2023 CVO Street Glide comes with the new Milwaukee-Eight VVT 121 V-Twin engine. Succeeding the famous Milwaukee-Eight 117 V-Twin engine, the new engine delivers even more power and torque, while also diminishing the engine vibrations. The addition of VVT technology alone helps boost performance over the outgoing model, while also improving the miles-per-gallon (MPG) figures by 3-5 percent, now promising a cool 45 MPG. Coupled with this are new cylinder heads, a new intake system, and an improved exhaust system, making the 2023 CVO Street Glide the most powerful touring Harley-Davidson motorcycle yet. A look at its demand in the used motorcycle market leaves no room for doubt. The 2023 CVO Street Glide is retailing for over $10,000 extra over its MSRP, making it our top choice for this list.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$42,999

$46,200

$53,190

Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
Starting MSRP: $29,799
Yet another superstar from its Grand American Touring collection, the Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited has had a long and successful run in the US market. The 2023 model comes equipped with all the top features for a touring bike. From the twin-cooled Milwaukee-Eight 114 V-Twin engine to the batwing fairing, split stream air vent, electronic cruise control, responsive front and rear suspension, and even heated hand grips, the Ultra Limited is simply one of the best tourer motorcycles up for sale right now. With this, the resale value of the bike also remains among the highest in the used car market, with the used units often retailing for more than the MSRP.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$29,799

$30,500

$36,340

Related: 10 Awesome Motorcycles With Great Resale Value

Harley-Davidson Road Glide Limited
Starting MSRP: $29,399
Similar to Ultra Limited in almost every feature, Road Glide Limited also matches its demand in the used car market with just about the same price tags across categories. For reference, the Road Glide Limited is also a member of the Grand American Touring series, which sports a Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine, dual Daymaker LED headlamps, Reflex Electronic Linked Brakes with ABS, and a Boom! Box GTS infotainment system. Both Road Glide Limited and Ultra Limited also come with a Tour-Pak luggage carrier for riders on the long haul. The only visible difference between the two is the shark-nose fairing on the Road Glide Limited, as opposed to the batwing fairing on the Ultra Limited. While the former fairing is fixed and does not move while turning, the batwing fairing moves with the handlebar. Other than this, the bikes are practically the same, with prices for both used and new units at par.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$29,399

$30,100

$35,850

Harley-Davidson Pan America 1250 Special
Starting MSRP: $20,399
This one is for the riders who find off-road adventures more to their liking. A part of Harley-Davidson's Adventure Touring series, the Pan America 1250 Special comes as a premium, multi-purpose vehicle with several exclusive features. A couple of these include the electronically adjustable semi-active front and rear suspension, as well as Adaptive Ride Height (ARH), a suspension system that the company claims to be an industry-first innovation. The system helps automatically transition between a low stopped position and optimal ride height when the motorcycle is in motion. Meant to be taken off-roads, the Pan America 1250 Special features a higher seat height and ground clearance than all other bikes on the list. Another interesting feature is its liquid-cooled Revolution Max 1250 engine, which is built into the motorcycle chassis, eliminating a traditional frame and significantly reducing the overall weight of the bike.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$20,399

$19,600

$24,620

Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
Starting MSRP: $36,499
The flagship trike from the house of Harley-Davidson, the Tri Glide Ultra is for long and comfortable hauls with the convenience of carrying considerable luggage. As a premium offering, the Tri Glide Ultra sports a bold styling with premium paint and Tomahawk wheels. There is a batwing fairing upfront, a twin-cooled Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine, a 6-speed cruise drive transmission, and Reflex-linked brakes with ABS. Some rather cool features of the Tri Glide Ultra include an electric reverse capability, electronic cruise control, an all-new 4-speaker BOOM GTS infotainment system, and 6.8 cubic feet of storage space through its trunk and Tour Pak luggage carrier.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$36,499

$34,400

$40,515

Related: Top 10 Entry-Level Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
Starting MSRP: $27,999
Meant for long rides, the Street Glide Special is a factory custom bagger with a Milwaukee-Eight 114 V-Twin engine and Prodigy wheels. Fans hail the bike for its premium riding experience, made possible by features like cornering electronically linked brakes, cornering-ABS, cornering-traction control with modes, Drag Torque Slip Control, Vehicle Hold Control, and Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS). The Special model is also equipped with a high-performance Ventilator air cleaner with a washable filter element and a new low-profile engine guard. Other features include a Daymaker LED headlamp, batwing fairing, adjustable rear shocks, Boom! Box GTS infotainment system and a stretched saddlebag to match the long and low profile of the motorcycle.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$27,999

$26,700

$32,060

Harley-Davidson Freewheeler
Starting MSRP: $29,999
The most affordable trike by Harley-Davidson, the Freewheeler is often celebrated as a unicorn among bikes, standing out in what is already a pretty rare category. For context, the Freewheeler is a lot lighter and smaller in dimensions as compared to the other trikes by Harley-Davidson. It also manages to be the sportiest of the lot, with a custom stance and minimal fairing. The 2023 model enhances this with black finishes on the front end, headlamp nacelle, tank console, hand and foot controls, and exhaust, in place of previous bright finishes. As for what it offers, the Freewheeler gets a Milwaukee-Eight 114 V-Twin engine, hand-adjustable rear suspension, dual floating front rotors, 130-section 19-inch front and 215-section 18-inch rear Freewheeler-specific Dunlop tires. Other safety features like C-ELB, C-ABS, C-TCS, and DSCS are also present.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$29,999

$28,300

$33,935

Harley-Davidson Road Glide ST
Starting MSRP: $29,999
The top-trim in the Road Glide series, some of Harley-Davidson's best-selling bikes, the Road Glide ST is an ideal touring motorcycle for those who want a luxurious ride. The comfort is aided by features like wide rider foot pegs, passenger foot pegs, pillion pad, and hard side bags at the rear with a total carrying capacity of 2.3 cubic feet or 65 liters. The fan-favorite features, however, are those that enable a smooth and powerful riding experience on the Road Glide ST. Examples of these include the Milwaukee-Eight 117 engine (delivering 41 MPG, 103 horsepower, and 127 pound-feet of torque), 49mm dual-bending valve forks, hand-adjustable rear suspension, a 19-inches front wheel, 18-inches rear wheel, ABS, and ELB. In short, the Road Glide ST is a complete package for tourers.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$29,999

$28,100

$33,745

Related: 10 Badass Harley-Davidson Cruisers You Can Buy In 2023

Harley-Davidson Road Glide
Starting MSRP: $21,999
The most modest version of the Road Glide series, Harley-Davidson Road Glide comes with a bit less engine power of 86 horsepower and 111 pound-feet of torque in comparison with the Road Glide ST. This is due to the Milwaukee-Eight 107 that comes in use instead of the Milwaukee-Eight 117. The reduced power, however, leads to a higher mileage, with the Road Glide delivering 43 MPG on the run. The rest of the features remain just about the same, barring a few details here and there. The visible appearance, however, remain largely identical, including the sharknose fairing and the overall dimensions, making the Road Glide the go-to option for those seeking one-of-the-best touring motorcycles by Harley-Davidson on a tighter budget.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$21,999

$20,400

$25,545

Harley-Davidson Street Bob 114
Starting MSRP: $16,599
An iconic bobber from the house of Harley-Davidson, the Street Bob 114 is the lightest-weight motorcycle in the Softail series. Ironically, this raw and agile machine comes equipped with the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine, the most powerful option for a Softail, churning out 94 horsepower and 119 pound-feet of torque. This air-cooled engine also houses some new-age technology like rear cylinder deactivation for maintaining low temperatures in traffic, and fuel mapping for an impressive 47 MPG. The performance factors have been well-designed for the Street Bob 114 to serve a particular purpose, a pure and uncut riding experience. This is clear from the bike's low center of gravity, narrow tires, and high handlebar. Its weak points like no wind protection and hard seats also restrict its use as a touring bike.

Base MSRP

Trade-in Price

Listing Price

$16,599

$14,500

$18,985

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motorcy ... bc28&ei=15
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: 10 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles With The Best Resale Value

Post by MadCow »

I am not sure I agree with the PAN AM Special pricing..
-DBTO

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

I know several folks who have purchased Street Glides. Seems to be a pretty popular bike in my area.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

MadCow wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:52 am

The listed MSRP is $20,399.00
https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/m ... ecial.html
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:25 am
MadCow wrote:

I mean the resale price...these PAN AMS lose value FAST
-DBTO

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

I THINK THAT THE ONE'S THAT HAVEN'T CRASHED HAVE THE HIGHEST VALUE ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

MadCow wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:41 am
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:25 am
MadCow wrote:

I mean the resale price...these PAN AMS lose value FAST

Adventure bikes for different reasons do not fare well in the used bikes department I will agree with you on that.
Being the second hand owner has to wonder where the previous owner has been with his intended purchase.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

How many models does Harley have to offer now anyway?
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

MadCow wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:43 am

At present HD offers 29 different nomenclatures of those some are different variants of the same model.

Categorized as follows

Sport 3 models

Cruisers 8 models

Adventure Touring 2 models

Grand American Touring (has a ring to it right?) 13 models

and last but not least
Trikes 3 models..

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:27 am
MadCow wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:43 am

At present HD offers 29 different nomenclatures of those some are different variants of the same model.

Categorized as follows

Sport 3 models

Cruisers 8 models

Adventure Touring 2 models

Grand American Touring (has a ring to it right?) 13 models

and last but not least
Trikes 3 models..
I think on the 24th of Jan they will announce the new lineup?
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I think these types of articles are disingenuous. If you live somewhere that you can ride all year around or where HD's are the go to bike, those prices might be real good.
But as MC pointed out, if you live somewhere else the value of the bike can fall like a rock. Supply and demand + the area that you ride probably influences the value.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

If you want resale....buy a Schwinn!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

navigator wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:50 am
If you want resale....buy a Schwinn!
I have never bought any vehicle with the idea of resale value a consideration. I figure on using them until they are ready for the junk yard or spare parts for the next one.

Now your advice about the bicycle is pretty good because I don't use them, so good storage would keep it pristine.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.