NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Time For New Year’s Resolution

I’m Not Stopping At Target,

Drinking Bud Light,

Or Driving An EV In 2024!!!
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

Post by Herb »

Those three are easy to keep...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Not going to Colorado.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

sgtcall wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:51 pm
Not going to Colorado.

We rode through Mexifornia back in the 70's and other than the coast road and a few redwood trees we didn't find anything spectacular.

Colorado on the other hand was a biker's paradise, just pick a direction on paved roads and go! Only other great riding roads I've found were there and West Virginia :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I only rode through Colorado on my way east but I can tell you that there are a lot of other states with great roads. The trouble is that most of them are as bad, politically, as it is.

When it comes to resolutions I don't bother with them.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:39 am
sgtcall wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:51 pm
Not going to Colorado.

We rode through Mexifornia back in the 70's and other than the coast road and a few redwood trees we didn't find anything spectacular.

Colorado on the other hand was a biker's paradise, just pick a direction on paved roads and go! Only other great riding roads I've found were there and West Virginia :ShitGrinandThumb:
I lived there for a few years and have done ski vacations there in the past but now we have a movement to Boycott Colorado due to their court decision to remove Trump from the ballot. In everyday life you vote with what you buy, so I am not going to spend any money there.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I do my best not to spend money in the woke, communist states. However, it is getting to where they are so many that there isn't much of anywhere to go.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

I don't engage in the New Year's resolution thing. I figure if I need or want to change something, I should just do it.

As to the Colorado decision? SCOTUS has no choice but to overturn that decision. It's a real shame they can't disbar the 4 judges who voted in favor of the ban. Last I checked an individual was innocent of criminal misconduct until proven guilty in a court of law. Additionally the first amendment protects free speech in most instances (exceptions exist) however nothing Trump said could be construed to have met the exception standards.
Lastly the plantiff in the Colorado case has a HISTORY of despising Trump dating back to 2011 when she left the Republican party over his nomination.
So I guess that you can't really blame the ruling on the people of Colorado, and maybe focus the resentment where it belongs, 4 very bad judge's and a really hateful old female Republican.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:23 pm

So I guess that you can't really blame the ruling on the people of Colorado, and maybe focus the resentment where it belongs, 4 very bad judge's and a really hateful old female Republican.
The "People" of Colorado voted them in so, yes, I can blame them too.

In Colorado, supreme court justices are initially appointed by governors but then have to face the voters by running in statewide retention elections. Colorado voters previously chose to keep all four justices who were in the 4-3 majority that ruled against Trump.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

The voters also elected everyone involved in bringing that lawsuit. That shit should not have ever made it to court.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, not so. The supreme justices in Colorado are appointed by the governor. The people don't vote for them.
Now that's not to say that you shouldn't boycott the state iffin it makes you feel better, and I surely don't agree with the courts in Colorado deciding who can and can't be on the ballot.
I just find it a bit of a cruel reality that folk's get all bent out of shape when some judge (s) decides who you or I can vote for, but you willingly participate in a primary election which allows a political PARTY to do the same??? BOTH are WRONG and if we'd stand up for our rights, we MIGHT get an honest election. Until we do so, bitching about election's is just that... bitching.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:56 pm
Sgt, not so. The supreme justices in Colorado are appointed by the governor. The people don't vote for them.
Now that's not to say that you shouldn't boycott the state iffin it makes you feel better, and I surely don't agree with the courts in Colorado deciding who can and can't be on the ballot.
I just find it a bit of a cruel reality that folk's get all bent out of shape when some judge (s) decides who you or I can vote for, but you willingly participate in a primary election which allows a political PARTY to do the same??? BOTH are WRONG and if we'd stand up for our rights, we MIGHT get an honest election. Until we do so, bitching about election's is just that... bitching.
They are only appointed for their first term then have to be retained via election for each additional term. If they fail in the retention election the Governor has to appoint a new judge. All of the current justices, that voted to keep Trump off the ballot, have gone through a retention election so the people of Colorado decided to keep them in office.

https://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_Supreme_Court
"The seven justices on the Colorado Supreme Court are selected through the assisted appointment method. Each justice is appointed by the governor from a list of names compiled by the Colorado Supreme Court Nominating Commission.[4][5]

Initial terms last at least two years, after which justices must stand for retention in a yes-no election. Subsequent terms last 10 years.[5]"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, yes Colorado has a retention election for judges appointed, but it's a simple majority's vote. My guess is that only people with a dog in the hunt actually care enough to vote, and/or look at the justice's record. For example my local and I am pretty sure throughout PA, judge's and other general elections take place in the off year's between national elections. The result is super low turnout and most judges retaining office if they run. Rarely is a judge turned out of office by voter's.