Storm coming

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Storm coming

Post by Tbeck »

I had to make some damper adjustments to my heating. Got so cold here yesterday 12 with real feel of -7, that my furnace was struggling to keep up. Once I dialed in the dampers everything warmed up nicely.
Today it's 13 and right now it's dumping white stuff. They were calling for 1-3 but I'm pretty sure we already got that much so it'll probably be closer to 6-8 the way it's coming down.
I'm going to hang out in my guitar room and play some.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Well it appears that round 3 is coming. Winter storm advisory for lake effect snow and winds 30+ gusting to whatever.
Lake effect snow for those not around the Great Lakes generally means that we are going to have snowfall in the multiple feet category. Cold air moving across an unfrozen lake picks up the moisture from the lake producing snow that comes down at a rate of anywhere from 2" per hour up to a foot per hour. Normally we'll see 3-4 foot of snow in a 12 hour period. Add in the high winds and we'll be digging out for a few days.
I have my snow blower all filled with gas so I can blow out a doggie path so my dog can get out to do his business (priority)but the drive and sidewalk will have to wait until the winds let up.

For those who experience hurricane event's, this is a similar sort of event. Not as high of winds but the weight of the snow on home's, tree's, etc causes a lot of damage, with power loss, etc... Add in the frigid temperature's and it becomes just as dangerous.

I guess no place is safe from mother nature :ShitGrin:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Tbeck wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:21 am
Well it appears that round 3 is coming. Winter storm advisory for lake effect snow and winds 30+ gusting to whatever.
Lake effect snow for those not around the Great Lakes generally means that we are going to have snowfall in the multiple feet category. Cold air moving across an unfrozen lake picks up the moisture from the lake producing snow that comes down at a rate of anywhere from 2" per hour up to a foot per hour. Normally we'll see 3-4 foot of snow in a 12 hour period. Add in the high winds and we'll be digging out for a few days.
I have my snow blower all filled with gas so I can blow out a doggie path so my dog can get out to do his business (priority)but the drive and sidewalk will have to wait until the winds let up.

For those who experience hurricane event's, this is a similar sort of event. Not as high of winds but the weight of the snow on home's, tree's, etc causes a lot of damage, with power loss, etc... Add in the frigid temperature's and it becomes just as dangerous.

I guess no place is safe from mother nature :ShitGrin:
1-3 inches for us tomorrow but it's been in the teens at night...a bit on the colder side for Maryland.
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

MC, we've been in single digit temps overnight for the past week, and it barely crawls into the teens for daily temp's. Today we got into the 20's (22 to be exact) which felt quite warm compared to what we have had lately. These are normal mid February temp's and snowfall. Came early I guess.
You try and stay warm over there....

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

A WHITE CHRISTMAS ARRIVES LATE ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

If only there were some kind of tax we could pay to avoid this climate change. :rag:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

:lmao: don't worry Nav you are being taxed to avoid climate change. Can't you see it working? :lmao:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

:funnylast: .
My father is in Cleveland right now. Went over Thursday for a Friday surgery (partial knee). He's supposed to be heading home today and the lake effect machine has turned on, so traveling home the 100 miles from Cleveland to Erie is going to be tough for my sister who is driving. Would have been better if they got him in the road earlier before this started cranking up.
We won't mention that I have had to snow blow his driveway repeatedly so it'll be safe to get him in the house when they get back.