Fastest

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Fastest

Post by Tbeck »

Another post got me wondering about what has been the fastest you've ever ridden a motorcycle?
As I posted in the other, the fastest I have ever gone on a motorcycle was 112 mph as registered on the GPS. At that speed the bike felt uncomfortable light, like if you moved the handlebars a little too abruptly, you'd either be tank slapping or going down. Definitely not my idea of fun. I routinely wick my GS up to 90-95 just because I like to blow it out a little, but something about breaking 100 puts the feel of the bike into a zone I'm not really comfortable with.
So how about you all, fastest you've ridden?

Yooper
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: VN2000 Kaw

Re: Fastest

Post by Yooper »

Only slightly over 100. Kaw VN2000.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

I PREFER TO KEEP MY UNDERWARE CLEAN ...
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:54 am
... So how about you all, fastest you've ridden?

I once took the then new KZ1300 all the way to top speed, which they listed at 141 mph if I recall correctly. It was on the highway between Moncton and Saint John, which at the time was only a two lane road. I remember leaning quite far going through a couple turns, which was crazy.

I probably rode a Z900 Ninja faster than the 1300 though, because I pinned one of those and they were a 150 mph bike.

:cheers:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

The fastest I went was 140 on my son's 'Busa. Turns were coming up so I slowed it down. The thing felt better than 100 on the 1400.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

110mph on a ‘69 Triumph Bonneville. That was indicated on the speedo which probably wasn’t accurate. Oh, and I was saloonfaced. Not good, never did it again. 85 is about my limit now and I don’t do that often.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Fastest...2007 Busa........235 KPH on the kilometer reading and it still had some throttle left... a Kool146 MPH..
While I was employed at our local Suzuki/Kawasaki dealership I was asked to test ride the bikes the mechanics did warranty work on, they did not get paid for the 20 mile test ride after performing warranty work.. so they asked me to do the honors and I was besides myself with glee!!!
I loved it, got to ride every make and model that the two brands offered..
The Ninja 1000 was no slouch for sure and the one I rode did an honest 210 KPH --- 129 MPH.
But the Busa was a Beast...six speeds and it could do 95 MPH in First gear!!!
And it would wheelie in the first 5 gears, I know that for a fact.. :cheers:

To top it all off I was completely taken back on how fast the Kawa 600 6R was..at 400 pounds it was light as a feather but it sure could scoot.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

I HAVE A CAR THAT WILL SURPASS 206 MPH OUTA THE BOX. I'LL NEVER EXPLORE THAT PART OF THE SPEEDO, IT AIN'T WORTH THE TICKET, AND UNLESS IT'S ON THE TURNPIKE AT NIGHT, SO THERE'S LESS RISK OF GETTING CAUGHT, WHAT'S THE POINT?
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

HARRIS wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:20 am
I HAVE A CAR THAT WILL SURPASS 206 MPH OUTA THE BOX. I'LL NEVER EXPLORE THAT PART OF THE SPEEDO, IT AIN'T WORTH THE TICKET, AND UNLESS IT'S ON THE TURNPIKE AT NIGHT, SO THERE'S LESS RISK OF GETTING CAUGHT, WHAT'S THE POINT?

Well you could always go to Germany and ride the Bundesautobahn or the Autobahn as we know it and enjoy some stretches of that highway than have no speed limits.. :ShitGrinandThumb:
While some speed restrictions are in place (sorry to ruin the fun , there are several stretches where you can enjoy limitless speed. For example, the A24 section spans 147 miles from Hamburg to Berlin and includes a 93mile stretch of golden unrestricted motoring where you can really open up.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I remember when Nevada and Montana had no speed limit on the open road. We used to take our cars from southern Oregon to northern NV to run them fast.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

My kawi concourse would flat out lay it down and I did go faster than 120 on that bike BUT I don't count wicking it up and coming straight back off. I rode a first year CBX because a girl I grew up with and spent time with her family owned the local Honda dealership. Whenever I was in town they'd get me to go out on whatever bike they had that might scare the crap out of me. I rode some barely legal cafe bike's they'd take to Daytona to race on. Scary fast and impossible to keep the front down when on the throttle. Ah the good ole days, lol. Oh and I do still visit and stay in touch with that girl and family. Good people :ShitGrinandThumb: