If I don't post

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

If I don't post

Post by Tbeck »

If you don't see me post anything for the next week, I am not ignoring you.
My 86 year old father had knee surgery Friday and just got back home. Since he's going to need someone to cook, help him get around, and take care of his dog, for at least the next week, I will be tied up doing the aforementioned and may not have time to post anything.
So it's not that I am ignoring anyone, I will just be busy with the aforementioned.

For the record he's doing well, just really in need of some sleep. My son is staying with him tonight in case he needs anything and he texted me that my dad has already taken himself to bed. :ShitGrinandThumb: That's always the best medicine

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: If I don't post

Post by hillsy v2 »

All the best for your dad T.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

You're a good man Charlie Brown
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WE'LL NEED A EXCUSE NOTE FRO U'RE FATHER ...

WRITTEN IN CURSIVE
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:35 pm
My 86 year old father had knee surgery Friday and just got back home...
:cheers:

Yooper
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: VN2000 Kaw

Post by Yooper »

Family doings always come first.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

I got the evening off as my younger brother was off today and is taking care of my Dad.
Surgery went really well and he's doing very good since getting home. Last night he was able to finally get a good night's sleep in his bed. He isn't having too much pain which was his big concern and he's able to get around quite nicely with his walker. He's still very drowsy so I think he just needs everyone to shut up and give him some quiet time and space.

I'll be back on duty tomorrow morning to get him his breakfast and help him get showered. Then my younger brother will assume the duties of getting him his lunch about 1 and we'll let him have his space for a couple hours before one of us goes back to get him some dinner and take care of his dog.

Thanks for all the positive vibes and thoughts :ShitGrinandThumb:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Your father is very lucky he has such great kids to take care of his needs. :ShitGrinandThumb:
Everyone should be so fortunate.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:35 pm
My 86 year old father had knee surgery Friday and just got back home. Since he's going to need someone to cook, help him get around, and take care of his dog, for at least the next week, I will be tied up doing the aforementioned and may not have time to post anything.
So it's not that I am ignoring anyone, I will just be busy with the aforementioned.

For the record he's doing well, just really in need of some sleep. My son is staying with him tonight in case he needs anything and he texted me that my dad has already taken himself to bed. :ShitGrinandThumb: That's always the best medicine
Respect.
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

SJ & MC thanks for the compliment but I would think most would do the same for their parents. Just part of being a family.
He's doing great and PT will be in today to get his physical therapy started. They were supposed to have begun on Monday but paperwork delays delayed the start. It's alright because my wife used to work at the hospital knee and joint surgical center so she knew exactly what he was supposed to be doing the first week for rehab, so we've had him doing the range of motion exercises since he got home.
He's still a bit tender in the morning when he gets up but for the most part a little ice and elevation seems to do the trick.
I have breakfast and lunch duty again today, hahaha had it all week, so maybe I can have a day off tomorrow.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

I hope your Dad mends well, Tim.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

He's been doing really well but he did fall last night. Irony is he tripped over his walker when going to his chair to sit down. He's fine and didn't land on the knee he had repaired but he peeled the skin back good on his forearm. We've been telling him he needs to slow down a little so maybe now he'll understand why.
Anyhow his rehab is progressing nicely and he's at about 80 degrees of bending already so way ahead of time.
Again thanks for the well wishes. I'll be back at it again in the morning.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Okay so my Dad is getting around pretty good now so we don't need to be over at his place as much. I took him to the barber shop for his first out of the house trip last week. He was like a kid getting out. Thursday I take him for his first out of the home PT visit. They'll assess where he's at and come up with a therapy plan and schedule.
He won't be able to drive until he goes back to Cleveland clinic to see his knee surgeon in March, but to be honest his driving scares the crap out of me and that was before the surgery, lol
So looks like the surgery was a success and he's already doing much better with almost no pain. As I mentioned we aren't spending as much time over at his place because he really prefers not having people around all the time. He likes being able to just relax and do his own thing whatever that happens to be. Mostly taking naps. :ShitGrinandThumb:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:28 pm
Okay so my Dad is getting around pretty good now so we don't need to be over at his place as much...

That's good news T. Best wishes to him eh. :cheers:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Thanks Cuban. He's attending PT twice a week which I run him to, and of course it's killing him because he hasn't been doing his home PT like he's supposed to. I told him he's not getting any sympathy from me because he isn't doing what he is supposed to during the week when he doesn't have PT.
Regardless he is getting around pretty good for an old timer, so he'll be good as gold in a couple months once everything is healed and rehab is complete.