Illegal immigrants who broke the law can now (illegally?) carry a gun as LA police officers

Keep it civil
MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Re: Illegal immigrants who broke the law can now (illegally?) carry a gun as LA police officers

Post by MattSunn »

[quote=Tbeck post_id=237325 time=1709902730 user_id=

Now as to the "JFC" and "no kidding".... Grow the hell up. There's nothing taking place in this thread except some discussion. No one is fighting, arguing, or otherwise misbehaving. So there's ZERO need for those shit stirring comments. If you don't want to discuss this, go to another thread. That's simple, right?
[/quote]
The JFC wasn’t directed at you. Or anyone in this thread. I was merely surprised at a thread that had the potential to go south, and considering your comment here it could possibly go that way. And don’t fuckin’ tell me to “Grow the hell up”……………..sonny. Now that’s a shit stirring comment. See the difference?
So very tired of this nonsense. :sad:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Illegal immigrants who broke the law can now (illegally?) carry a gun as LA police officers

Post by Tbeck »

Whatever :Innocence:

These threads that have potential to go south are fine, as long as folk's stay in the lane the post originated as. There's no point in commentary other than addressing the topic, or asking questions amongst those responding.
Asking questions usually results in the need to consider "something" that may or may not have already been considered.

So if you took offense to me pointing out that the JFK and other comments weren't helpful in the least, again grow the hell up. So here comes the question; what did you really expect would be the reply to that? You don't have to guess because it can be found in the post that followed.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Tbeck wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:47 am
Whatever :Innocence:

These threads that have potential to go south are fine, as long as folk's stay in the lane the post originated as. There's no point in commentary other than addressing the topic, or asking questions amongst those responding.
Asking questions usually results in the need to consider "something" that may or may not have already been considered.

So if you took offense to me pointing out that the JFK and other comments weren't helpful in the least, again grow the hell up. So here comes the question; what did you really expect would be the reply to that? You don't have to guess because it can be found in the post that followed.
OK, wanna fact check?
Who brought JFK into the argument?
Let dead presidents rest in peace.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

:lmao: dam spell correct :lmao:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Aliens that are here legally can purchase firearms. This includes foreigners serving in our military (they are here legally with a work VISA)

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-ali ... e-firearms

To translate this a bit...if someone came here illegally, and the law made them "legal" in some way (DACA)...yes,. guns are ok. As it should be.
-DBTO

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

MadCow wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:03 pm
Aliens that are here legally can purchase firearms. This includes foreigners serving in our military (they are here legally with a work VISA)

To translate this a bit...if someone came here illegally, and the law made them "legal" in some way (DACA)...yes,. guns are ok. As it should be.
Then they have changed the law. In 2004 we had a Marine that was applying for citizenship and using his service to cut the time to gain it. He was not allowed to purchase a gun because he was not a citizen yet.

I disagree that it is "As it should be". If they are not citizens they owe nothing to this country and could be a problem. As things are today the government is making everyone that comes across a border a "legal" resident by allowing them to claim amnesty and paroling them into the country with court dates years out.

We have too much crime associated with immigrants, we have more than enough criminals in the USA, we damn sure don't need to be importing them.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

If the current idiot is reelected I can foresee in the near future that along with a free phone and free room and board, ole joe will throw in a throw away weapon just in case :bonk: :bonk:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:04 am
If the current idiot is reelected I can foresee in the near future that along with a free phone and free room and board, ole joe will throw in a throw away weapon just in case :bonk: :bonk:
I'd like to treat that comment as a joke, trouble is, it isn't.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Herb wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:36 pm
MadCow wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:03 pm

Then they have changed the law. In 2004 we had a Marine that was applying for citizenship and using his service to cut the time to gain it. He was not allowed to purchase a gun because he was not a citizen yet.

I disagree that it is "As it should be". If they are not citizens they owe nothing to this country and could be a problem. As things are today the government is making everyone that comes across a border a "legal" resident by allowing them to claim amnesty and paroling them into the country with court dates years out.

We have too much crime associated with immigrants, we have more than enough criminals in the USA, we damn sure don't need to be importing them.
Just my opinion here, but I believe in self-defense as a basic human right...regardless if they are a citizen or not. As long as they have not broken any laws and have no plans to export said firearm, (as the law currently states)...I see no problem with it. Oh and somebody fuked up with that Marine, this has been the law for a while: The effective date of this chapter, referred to in subsec. (a)(3), is December 16, 1968.
-DBTO

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

The trouble with your take is that we have no idea of their background. The vast majority have a blank page for a past. We all know people that have committed some minor offense in the past and are not allowed toown a gun, but we have people that have proved they are criminals by illegally crossing our border that you think should have the right to own a gun.

On top of that, the demented one's admin is even allowing people with known terrorist ties to run free in this country.

I still believe that non-citizens should not have any citizenship rights/benefits.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Herb wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:40 am
The trouble with your take is that we have no idea of their background. The vast majority have a blank page for a past. We all know people that have committed some minor offense in the past and are not allowed toown a gun, but we have people that have proved they are criminals by illegally crossing our border that you think should have the right to own a gun.

On top of that, the demented one's admin is even allowing people with known terrorist ties to run free in this country.

I still believe that non-citizens should not have any citizenship rights/benefits.
Can't argue with that except to say, the 2nd amendment says "the people"....not "The citizens".
-DBTO

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

At the time of the writing of the Constitution the term "the people" meant the people of the country, citizens, not some interloper that only came here for the freebees and whatever mischief they can get into.

https://www.facinghistory.org/resource- ... ted-states

...This ruling goes beyond the specifics of the case to touch upon the broader themes of rule of law and liberty. The court’s decision reinforces the idea that no branch of government is above the Constitution, and that adherence to its provisions is not optional but mandatory, even in times of pandemics...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

This is why they shouldn't even be allowed in the country and sure as hell not allowed to have a gun.

https://freedompress.com/gangs-supplyin ... -fake-ids/

The streets of New York City, particularly along Roosevelt Avenue in Queens, have become hotbeds for the sale of counterfeit green cards and social security identification. Linked directly to notorious gangs like MS-13 and the 18th Street gang, the sales are much more than a local crime concern and point to a glaring national security threat arising from the ongoing Biden open borders crisis.
Criminals have brazenly set up shop, selling forged documents to migrants for prices ranging between $80 and $250. The black market for fake documents operates in plain sight. Gangsters and migrants conduct business in the open, showing utter disdain and contempt for the rule of law.
Sanctuary cities are where the fall of the Republic begin.
Gangbangers openly sell fake IDs, green cards to migrants on NYC streets as officials warn of danger pic.twitter.com/MCCfV1mIcP...

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb your guy in the Corp was mistaken, or maybe it had something to do with his posts regulations because permanent and temporary aliens have been allowed to buy and own gun's prior to 2004. My wife has bought and owned several, dating back to the 1970's.
I agree with you that those who are illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed to buy or possess any weapon's, however if they are here legally I don't have a problem with that.
In the case of the DACA folks. They were designated as being resident aliens when the federal government created DACA. Agree or disagree with that ruling, but it's legal standing for that particular group of people.
I'm guessing here but I foresee some legislative ruling that grants the dreamers permanent status to stay indefinitely in the USA. SOMETHING has to be done to address this issue besides using these folk's as a political chess piece. I previously posted about what COULD be done tomorrow to address it. But I figure it will take another 10 year's before Congress grows a pair and finally handles it.
As far as the wave of illegals that have been entering the USA illegally in recent years? Deport them all. NONE of them have legal standing to be here or apply for asylum. The law says that they must apply in the first foreign nation they enter. For ALL except for Mexican immigrants, they've lost the claim for asylum when they passed through several countries to get here. No legal standing under the law.
I read somewhere that upwards of 70% fail to show up for their court date. Again that's grounds for immediate deportation.
Here's something that I found very interesting. More than 60% of the illegal alien's in the USA we're originally here legally but they failed to extend their visa and over stayed.
Makes me wonder why immigration and naturalization hasn't deported these folks? I mean it's not like they are hard to find since they have a job and pay taxes.
Anyhow I have run on too long on this.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I see it has another pathway to becoming an American citizen... the more privileges the government extends to the illegals aliens, the more likely it will be easier to convince the congress to legitimize all who are here "ILLEGALLY".

IMHO There is only one simple solution to this problem..

Finish Building the wall on our southern border

Start immediately to find all who have crossed in the last three and a half years and deport their sorry asses back to the last country they were in before coming into our country ILLEALLY!
PERIOD End of story!

And I summit this wall for construction

“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:38 am
I see it has another pathway to becoming an American citizen... the more privileges the government extends to the illegals aliens, the more likely it will be easier to convince the congress to legitimize all who are here "ILLEGALLY". IMHO There is only one simple solution to this problem. Finish Building the wall on our southern border.
Start immediately to find all who have crossed in the last three and a half years and deport their sorry asses back to the last country they were in before coming into our country ILLEALLY!
PERIOD End of story!
I am in total agreement with your summation, Suzuki Johnny. To be administrating The law, Law Breakers must be treated as such.
NOT the exact opposite as we see the current Hegemony is dictating by rewarding their crime.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, I don't think a wall is the solution. It will HELP, but it won't stop it. There's actually historical examples; Hadrian's Wall in great Britain, the Berlin Wall, neither of which stopped illegal crossing.
I think the solution is far more cost effective and that would.require INS doing their job. BUT this would require a Congress that doesn't allow President and cabinet members to violate the law's passed by Congress.
We don't have a single immigration problem if you really look at the issue, we have a multi-point problem that's easy to point out.
1. It's congress job to write and pass laws, NOT some unelected cabinet member, and not the president by executive order.
2. The president has a DUTY to carry out the will of Congressional law, and enforcement of those law's.
3. The President CANNOT legislate by way of executive order. An executive order can ONLY be used to direct the enforcement of laws passed by Congress. (See point 2)
4 . Congress has a responsibility to hold the president responsible for failure to enforce the law, and to prevent the president from abusing his authority by attempting to legislate via executive order.
5. It's Congress job to legislate and regulate. They are NOT permitted to hand off that responsibility to departments and agencies like INS, EPA, SS, and the IRS. If Congress hasn't specifically given authority by way of law, these agencies can't do anything.

So REALLY the entire problem rests squarely in the lap of Congress. Their failure to do their job, and the handing off of their duties to unelected bureaucrats is at the root of all the problems.
Makes me wonder just how much time they'd have to do televised dog and pony shows if we held them accountable.

We need to CLEAN HOUSE! That means Democrats, Republican's, ALL the incumbents regardless of political officiation. Same goes for presidents, out with anyone affiliated with the government. The whole lot is rotten.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Al good points T but building a wall along our southern border, one which individuals are unable to access entry into the US would help out considerably in reducing the amount of illegals entering our country.
There are several open entry points along the border for proper processing of those individuals who want to enter our country "legally".

I think of the border as a huge lake that is threatening to overflow into our farming fields, but by cutting avenues or canals so the water can disperse into collection areas the threat would be neutralized .. That's what a wall would do, everyone who wants access to the USA wouild have to go through those entry points where they can be vetted and documented properly.. I guarantee you those long lines of illegals would be no more if they had to wait months even years to enter.
The current situation is unattainable at present and just look what's happening in those cities where Governor Abbot has sent hundreds of those illegals for them sanctuary cities that are having to deal with finding suitable housing .. one can just quess what the Texas folks are dealing with the million or so illegals in their state.

This problem is been festering for the last several administrations and congress has been dragging their feet for the same time span..
Our illustrious congress has been absent all those years hoping the problem would dissolve itself and it won't until they do legislation that will solve the problem. But they like all the previous members of congress are too scared to do so for fear of not being reelected.

We need to clean both houses of congress and start anew..

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Remember that great part of FM 7-8, The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad, where it talked about building a mined wire obstacle to funnel the enemy into the kill zone instead of just stopping them? That was a great read.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, I agree that a wall could slow the flow but it's not going to eliminate it.
We NEED tougher immigration policy and law. If you don't want them to come you first have to enforce the asylum law which clearly establishes the practice of applying for asylum in the first country of arrival. If we enforced this one law, these immigrants could be turned away upon arrival with NO court hearing. Which also means we wouldn't need all these new immigration judge's they keep going on about.
Secondly when they turn themselves in after crossing, they should only be processed for transportation back to where they came from. Since we've established that they haven't met the asylum law, the only proper thing to do is send them back.
Third we need to hold the nations they are traveling from and through, accountable. We provide aide to every one of our southern neighbors. So if they are allowing these immigrants passage we should cut off our aide. You may as well say that they are facilitating and many of these immigrant's are criminals and terrorist's. We shouldn't be rewarding these countries for granting access to the US border.
Lastly, we need a new congress. The same talking heads have been allowing this crap to go on for decades. If they didn't want to use it as political talking points it would have been fixed decade's ago.
I don't even watch what they try to pass off as news anymore. There's no point because it's all BS and the same BS.